The Legend of Zelda - Lyra Islands

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

20140318

Post 

The Legend of Zelda - Lyra Islands Empty The Legend of Zelda - Lyra Islands




Information: Continuation of the project by Darklink7884 (2015-2020)

The Legend of Zelda - Lyra Islands Image12

UPS Patch Download: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai3idpRXoXu17XRkFnWX8NXoEnZG?e=kAJS1M
NOTE: You must patch the UPS file to a US rom with no header. You need a UPS patcher.

Five years ago, I restarted the Lyra Islands project, which was originally abandoned by SePH in 2005, with the goal of finishing the project. I created new overworlds and dungeons in addition to restoring the original LTTP graphics (I had to change the property types in the 16x16 tile editor). I reprogrammed the ending sequence in hex, and I added new cutscenes from both the Light and Dark Worlds. I added MSU-1 support. But there is still more work that needs to be done before I create a final UPS patch and upload it to the cloud drive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information: Original version by SePH and ghillie (2004-2005)

The Legend of Zelda - Lyra Islands Lyra-islands_zpsfe7dcf6c

Patch Download: link will be fixed later!
avatar
Founder

The Legend of Zelda - Lyra Islands Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: redditgoogle

The Legend of Zelda - Lyra Islands :: Comments

avatar

Post on Tue 18 Aug 2020 - 14:01 by Darklink7884

Good morning, peeps.

Lyra Islands was originally abandoned by SePH in 2004 or 2005, as many of you know. I restarted the Lyra Islands project five years ago with goal of finishing the game. I made new overworlds and dungeons in addition to renaming Lyra Islands "A Link to the Islands." As of now, version 2.0 is ONLY available to rom hackers and beta testers because there are still some bugs that I need to fix, in addition to implementing new ASM hacks, before I can officially release it to the public. Oh, and I ended up restoring the original LttP overworld graphics because the new graphics imported by SePH in Lyra Islands 1.0 were difficult to work with. See the included readme to find out what else needs to be fixed. PM me for a download link if you're a rom hacker and would like to help me beta test "A Link to the Islands." Your feedback is gladly appreciated.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 18:52 by Darklink7884

Here's the download link for Lyra Islands 2.0 beta.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai3idpRXoXu17XRljetTFw5Ogd6U?e=35eJpZ

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 20:55 by Wolfcat

Something went wrong. I tried but I don't have one drive.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 21:13 by Darklink7884

Wolfcat wrote:Something went wrong. I tried but I don't have one drive.

Do you use Google Drive or Mega Drive?

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 21:23 by Darklink7884

Wolfcat wrote:Something went wrong. I tried but I don't have one drive.

Here's the new download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/141vrgMtD7fA8zpt7wB9thmpFug5vVmSh/view?usp=sharing

Keep in mind, though, that the overworld graphics are buggy and not all houses, caves, and dungeons are easily accessible.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 21:30 by Wolfcat

What is Mega drive?, I use neither. I disabled google drive on Windows 10, because I don't use it. I backup all my data off line onto an external hard drive where I have physical access to which I prefer.

Edit update:
I am sorry about that. I am NOT savvy about google drive. I thought I had downloaded from google drive before, but I never know when they might change things and make us jump through hopes. Very Happy

Last edited by Wolfcat on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 21:45; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 21:33 by Wolfcat

I tried and it said access denied through my gmail account. Thank you for trying. I will sit here and keep trying when you say so.

Update. I kept trying and now it is downloading. I've never patched an MSU file, so I will have to learn how for the first time. I've patched .ips, ups and bps, but not msu which I've read about regarding suped up audio I think.

Last edited by Wolfcat on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 21:41; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 21:36 by Darklink7884

Wolfcat wrote:I tried and it said access denied through my gmail account. Thank you for trying. I will sit here and keep trying when you say so.

Should I email you the ips patch?

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 21:42 by Wolfcat

Yes, I would prefer a smaller file. I don't want offend anyone who works really hard on MSU though.

Last edited by Wolfcat on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 21:49; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 21:46 by Darklink7884

Wolfcat wrote:No, it's downloading. Thank you.

Glad to be of assistance. Keep in mind, though, that the overworld graphics are buggy and need to be fixed. Not all houses, caves, and dungeons will be easily accessible because of this. The naming screen is also broken.

The download link is for Lyra Islands 2.0 beta, and includes a MSU-1 soundpack.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 21:50 by Wolfcat

I am sorry. I am not trying to be any trouble.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 21:51 by Darklink7884

Wolfcat wrote:I am sorry. I am not trying to be any trouble.

It's all good.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 22:05 by Darklink7884

Wolfcat wrote:I tried and it said access denied through my gmail account. Thank you for trying. I will sit here and keep trying when you say so.

Update. I kept trying and now it is downloading. I've never patched an MSU file, so I will have to learn how for the first time. I've patched .ips, ups and bps, but not msu which I've read about regarding suped up audio I think.

The ips patch already has MSU-1 enabled. You just need to put the patched rom file and the msu-1 audio files in the same folder, and all of them should have the same name.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 22:10 by Wolfcat

OK, I see. Don't worry about it I will just download and patch. But the programs I have are:
lips 1.02 IPS Patcher "Lunar IPS.exe"
and
Floating v1.31 IPS Patcher

I assume that you mean I can just use?:
lips 1.02 IPS Patcher "Lunar IPS.exe"

And of coarse most patches patch to U(!) without a header which is likely stated in the doc. Anyways, again I am sorry, and thank you for being so cool.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 22:11 by Darklink7884

Wolfcat wrote:Yes, I would prefer a smaller file. I don't want offend anyone who works really hard on MSU though.

Here's the new download link for Lyra Islands v2.0 Beta, without MSU-1:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FmiVSyRgZbt1WLSCzBNwoBszTlm7sR84/view?usp=sharing

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 22:12 by Wolfcat

Wow great!, Thank you!

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 22:15 by Wolfcat

Access Denied again with google drive, LOL. Ha haaaaa!

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 22:16 by Wolfcat

OK, it's connecting again. LOL. And now I have it.

Last edited by Wolfcat on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 22:17; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 22:16 by Darklink7884

Wolfcat wrote:OK, I see. Don't worry about it I will just download and patch. But the programs I have are:
lips 1.02 IPS Patcher "Lunar IPS.exe"
and
Floating v1.31 IPS Patcher

I assume that you mean I can just use?:
lips 1.02 IPS Patcher "Lunar IPS.exe"

And of coarse most patches patch to U(!) without a header which is likely stated in the doc. Anyways, again I am sorry, and thank you for being so cool.

Yes, you can use Lunar IPS.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 22:19 by Wolfcat

Great that tells me I don't have to worry about a patch working without MSU-1 then. Thank you for holding my hand. I don't mean to be so needy. I should have just bit the bullet. I really didn't mean to flood this thread with comments.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 23:02 by Wolfcat

I've been playing it for a while and it doesn't work in ZSNES version 1.51 well for me which is not a problem, because it works in "snes9x-1.60-win32-x64".

The menu screen as I remember you were requesting how to fix is messed up of coarse, but I blindly made a save as I have seen before in another hack and got through to play. I am in the Castle having fun playing along.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Tue 15 Sep 2020 - 21:49 by Wolfcat

I got to the point where I think I need the bow or the rock gloves or the fire block red staff or the hammer. I am not sure where to go from here, but we know you have a lot of work to do.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Tue 15 Sep 2020 - 21:53 by Darklink7884

Like I said, the overworld graphics are bugged like hell and need to be fixed. Because of this, not every house, cave, and dungeon is easily accessible.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Thu 17 Sep 2020 - 10:52 by Darklink7884

New download link (with file selection/naming screen fixed):
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai3idpRXoXu17XRkFnWX8NXoEnZG?e=9mXy3x

Note: You must patch to a US rom with no header. You need a UPS patcher. MSU-1 is already enabled, so no further instructions needed.
Overworld graphics are bugged, so not all, caves, and dungeons are easily accessible.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum