Strange HM bug

Go down

Strange HM bug Empty Strange HM bug

Post by Conn on Thu 30 Oct 2014 - 5:24

If you apply my all-in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and look into the lost Woods (area 00) you notice that the ice-rod plate is on one tree-trunk.
I tried to fix this but then you could not go onto the ice anymore, because this was affected

4.) Tile reloading properties
785B8
DB 10 DC 10 EB 10 EC 10 --> 83 1D 83 1D 83 1D 83 1D

I then tried to Camouflage the trunk with other tiles using HM, but the simplest edit and save and the Rom won't boot anymore.

I then traced what's wrong. When I modify area 00 it says "This area is reused. Modify only this area?" If I click yes, HM will cut the Rom from 2MB to 1MB and thus it isn't playable anymore. If I click no, other Areas get messed up. This only happens when I try to modify Are 00, all other Areas seem to work ok.

Anybody experienced with HM... any Explanation?
Conn
Conn

Strange HM bug Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Strange HM bug Empty Re: Strange HM bug

Post by Conn on Thu 30 Oct 2014 - 9:30

Phew... I clicked no and the area right to the fortune teller house, up from kakariko was completely messed up. Can you confirm? Guess yes and backup is needed here...
Conn
Conn

Strange HM bug Image212

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Strange HM bug Empty Re: Strange HM bug

Post by Conn on Thu 30 Oct 2014 - 18:37

Thanks a lot, Puzz Smile

I think my Problem with the messed up Screen was that I used savestates; it's like with changing monologues; you Need to start it normal with the srm file.

So if anybody runs into this bug he knows what to do now! I updated the all-in with your patch and also placed a tree instead of the grass to rebuild the barrier (so you Need to use the tubes).
Conn
Conn

Strange HM bug Image212

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum