I've quit as admin

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I've quit as admin Empty I've quit as admin

Post by Puzzledude Fri 29 May 2015 - 13:17

In case you haven't noticed yet, I've quit as admin. The idea of one board having two admins is altogether odd. And the idea of the leadership can be wearisome and can easily result in lots of enemies and conflicts for no particular reason.

The old rules have also been removed and before new ones are written, you can basically do anything, so at the moment we don't really know what's allowed and what isn't. Not like anyone reads or obeys the rules anyway.

So I wish you lots of smoking weed, and to kgp4death lots of masturbating and blood splattering (judging from your posts) and to Erock happy turning the sprinkle of the fairy dust into Conker pissing (judging from your posts) and to Serious dog lots of no hablo Ingles (by the way I am familiar with 5 languages besides english, but I don't use them here obviously) and Kurrono might raise that offer of 20 dollars to 200, maybe that way someone will do the F-zero MSU for him.

Don't get me wrong, despite the fact that all the above was in a conflict with the old (removed) rules and happened while these rules were in effect; I have no problems in you doing all that, it's just not going to be under my watch.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

I've quit as admin Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

I've quit as admin Empty Re: I've quit as admin

Post by scawful Fri 29 May 2015 - 13:23

This has to be one of the best resignation posts I've seen in a minute. You are savage as hell puzz, I wish you lots of weed smoking too.
scawful
scawful

I've quit as admin Image211

Since : 2013-07-05

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 29 May 2015 - 13:44

I actually don't smoke at all and hate to see, when teenagers are doning that, throwing their life away (the above post was more like a reflection from other posts I've read recently; all the ideas come from the authors themselves, I've just repeated them). And I hate people, who are drunk (remember, PD's favourite drink is H2O), and I hate people who want to legalize weed, saying it cures diseases (joke of the century, since the THC is like a piranha for your brain, not to mention that a "wealthier" weed-seller on a street will offer weed mixed with 2% heroin, if he sees a "new face" buyer to addict him faster). And I hate the statement: "The only thing that stops a bad guy with the gun, is a good guy with the gun."

But I don't see the need for such talk at all, since it has nothing to do with modding Z3. That's why I dislike the "general" topics of forums.

Last edited by Puzzledude on Fri 29 May 2015 - 13:49; edited 1 time in total
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Fri 29 May 2015 - 13:48

Yeah I figured it was sarcasm, and weed will definitely ruin your motivation and make you really anxious/paranoid overall.

And I think our general topic forum here is misused really hard, and a lot of users just sort of shit out links and other things expecting others to be able to generate conversation from it. Personally from my experience moderating forums, most of them should have an actual point, the title should be properly capitalized, and only having like one line of text usually doesn't cut it. A lot of ranting and side conversation happens on Zeldix topics.
scawful
scawful

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 29 May 2015 - 14:04

Nice, like I said above, I have no problems what people do in their personal life. And if the person has the title admin on a forum, I see this as if someone would ware a police uniform in real life.

And how would a policeman react seeing people braking the law. Isn't it his job to serve and protect. So I would rather see, that I am not in such a position, to be responsible for what's happening on the forum.

Last edited by Puzzledude on Sat 30 May 2015 - 11:31; edited 1 time in total
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 29 May 2015 - 16:06

I'm sorry to hear about your decision, but out of my own experience I can tell that several admins with different scopes can be much troublesome.
However I think your contribution is unrenounceable and I therefore I hope you stay around further as VIP member Smile

Since here's an interesting discussion about drugs going on I give my own opinion.
Personally I like weed-smokers more than alcoholics. They are more relaxed and don't start to pester other people. If you look at the year's deaths rates you will notice that no-one ever really died on THC but plenty on alcohol. So I'd legalize weed and forbid alc ^^
But following this argumentation you could also say, let's forbid also cigarettes since even more people die on this than on alcohol.

In any case there's a "joke" saying:
"Alcohol makes aggressive... - Shut up you son of a f@!!€ b...*beep"
"Weed makes apathetically... - Well, I don't care at all"

So everything you use will take its demand, which will cause a brain and health damage in the end. But... we're all humans and are responsible ourselves for what we do.

So I do neither judge nor care about other's doings as long as they do not harm third persons with their actions. But this is hard to differ. I had a friend abusing C.meth and he was not to take anymore for me so I quit the friendship. Not because of his use, but as he got labile and irrational. He could change his mood from childish-sweet to bitter hateful and aggressive in a second. He completely lost control over himself.

So all in all I dislike drugs, but I don't really care if others use it... I am not allowed to judge as I also smoke cigarettes a lot and am a coffee junkie ^^
Conn
Conn

I've quit as admin Image212

Since : 2013-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Fri 29 May 2015 - 16:12

I personally never had a problem with you Puzzledude and have also had a problem with the stuff you stated but just dealt with it and ignored it. If there have been friction with the rules between you and SePH, you have made the right decision in dropping down. I also hate how the United States is legalizing marijuana and 100% agree with what you said about the topic. In addition I hate all forms of substance abuse. Though I usually don't get into these conversations as I do not have the energy to argue with people who defend subjects based on opinion.

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 29 May 2015 - 16:52

The rules will remain pretty much the same although no form of censorship will happen anymore.
Good to hear that, but of course the rules are useless if no one reads/obeys them.

I'm sorry to hear about your decision, but out of my own experience I can tell that several admins with different scopes can be much troublesome.
If there have been friction with the rules between you and SePH, you have made the right decision in dropping down.
Exactly, there is no need for 2 admins. And SePH is the person who build this forum and has special rights as the Founder, which is above any future- or co-admin. I can't imagine anyone else being in this position, or if the Founder rights can be traversed to another user at all. I only accepted back then, since he was planning to quit by december 2014. But if I understand the admin-panel correctly the Founder can never really quit.

However I think your contribution is unrenounceable and I therefore I hope you stay around further as VIP member.
Definitely will stay around and finish the current projects:
1.) IQ hack (smaller project)
2.) Goddess of Wisdom remodel (basic remodels only to make the easier version of the game) (small project)
3.) Gates of Time (main project), a two-part game (I wish this to be one of the main Z3 hacks ever done, like Conker, PW and Prophet of Chaos).
4.) Retirement from romhacking
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Fri 29 May 2015 - 19:47

Well, Puzz I can understand the decision. I'm sure you are capable of just about anything, but such a job seemed a little unfit for you. I got the feeling that lots of little things drove you up the wall. It's not good to be in charge if you are like that. I would know, I used to supervise a cleaning crew. It wasn't a good job for someone with obsessive-compulsive tendencies.

I hate people who want to legalize weed, saying it cures diseases

I wanted to respond to this in particular. It's a bit of a distortion. I doubt anyone is arguing that pot cures diseases but it does have a place in medicine and that should not be ignored because of the stigma that is attached to it or because of some people's personal preferences.

I can think of a few cases where it is very helpful, for which it is currently being used. It's good for people who are currently in the middle of chemo therapy for cancer treatment. 1) it eases pain that sometimes other drugs simply can not (fact) 2) it helps combat nausea, (fact) 3) some people lose their appetite and become too thin during chemo therapy because of this and #2 and pot helps stimulate their appetites (fact). Mind you, it does this with little to no side-effects (fact). You can't ignore that. It would be stupid not to take advantage of this very useful herb as it would cost much less to produce than shitty synthetic drugs that cause lots of side-effects or opiates that are 1000 times more addictive and destroy your liver.

To say that marijuana has no place in medicine is just ignorant (not the same thing as stupid, so don't get insulted) and the result of prejudice. Yes, many people abuse pot and make it look bad but the same goes for everything else in the world. If something is good, people will always find a way to abuse it.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 29 May 2015 - 19:55

I do not know much about THC, but I know that Morphine as well as its derivates is given as analgetica for serious pain. Also lidocaine, which is a derivate of cocaine is that thing you get from a dentist to get your mouth anaesthetized.

So yes, every drug can be (of course) of medical use. But we do not need to legalize it for the broad public but only for the People experience pain which can be eased by THC.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Fri 29 May 2015 - 20:22

But we do not need to legalize it for the broad public but only for the People experience pain which can be eased by THC.

This is the part that most of us are likely to disagree on because it all has to do with opinion. I have smoked plenty of weed (too much actually) so I think it should be legalized for recreational use because it's fun and I don't see the harm in responsible adults using it. I love smoking pot but in recent years I've had to come to the realization that I personally should only use it in small doses and on rare occasions because any more than that will make my bipolar disorder more difficult to manage.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Fri 29 May 2015 - 22:31

A lot of ranting and side conversation happens on Zeldix topics.

It's hard to keep from this some times. Some times you want to respond to a specific part of someone's comment that may lead off topic, but to create a separate thread is just kind of silly since it doesn't necessarily lead to a new conversation. It's just getting hung up on details that don't matter and should be let go of. It's nitpicking.

If you are sitting in a circle of people and you are all talking about the same thing but another subject comes up and a few people are talking about the original topic and some are talking about the new topic, no one is expected to get up and go into the other room to continue their conversation away from everyone else because that wouldn't make any sense. IMO it wouldn't make any more sense here because it expects an unreasonable amount of organization. It's not worth the effort.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 29 May 2015 - 23:00

હેદρમ wrote:It's possible to change the founder email to pass the torch to some other user. So no worries Puzz, I'll take my leave from here too eventually.
Good to know. Of course I can not image anyone else but you being in this position. I remember when you first opened this forum and there used to be only you, me and Euclid and Aeranima I believe (what happened to him and his promising Renaissance of Evil hack), and the board was a substitute for emailing for Parallel Universes. Good old times.

SunGodPortal wrote:I'm sure you are capable of just about anything, but such a job seemed a little unfit for you. I got the feeling that lots of little things drove you up the wall. It's not good to be in charge if you are like that.
I see it a bit different: I believe I was too responsible, or maybe too driven to build a "perfect world", specially if compared to the general standard of Romhacking.net staff: apparently they don't edit any posts at all. Their motto: to leave the adults govern themselves. From my point of view, they are irresponsible for letting their users engage each other, while they sit and watch. Or maybe they are just smart, since any intervention would surely produce more enemies for them. They do occasionally lock or move some topics though.

On the other hand, they will reject your hack submission if you type the word "I" in the description. Reason: the description of a hack should be objective, which is a banal reason for rejection.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 29 May 2015 - 23:43

*lol, yapp, I've gone through the romhacking Submission too with my smw hack Confused

But it even can be worse, take smwcentral, they completely rejected my hack as poorly coded (which it is, I admit, but it is nevertheless 100% functional, I just didn't make Loops and tables).
Archery  

But I am glad that I have found here a place where I can deposit all my hacks without going through any Kind of Submission shit.

So ZELDIX forever! Blue3
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 29 May 2015 - 23:52

But it even can be worse, take smwcentral, they completely rejected my hack as poorly coded.
I can't believe this happened. Specially when MSU is in question, which is a "next-generation" of sound modding.

Yes, the hack-data base here is actually also in a global "forum" posting manner, but with a subcategory "blog", which will accept the submission as soon as you make a "post" and the latter posts are separated as "comments" to make the submission post unique. Fast and effective I think.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 30 May 2015 - 1:57

હેદρમ wrote:
4.) Convince GameMakr24's to give me the rights to finish Quest For Calatia so we can finish it eventually (although if he'd see my project he'd never give the rights lol)

Yes, something needs to be done with that hack. While he wants to finish it he most likely won't be able to finish it alone. I think he knows he needs help but he is just to stubborn to admit it.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Since : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sat 30 May 2015 - 3:16

I see it a bit different: I believe I was too responsible...

That's the thing though. Many people don't have views that are as conservative as yours. Therefore, what may seem responsible and appropriate to you is unreasonable and constricting to others. When I read the rules here, I laughed. It almost made me want to go somewhere else, but this was the only place that I could get what I needed. The rules were filled with lots of silly things like using correct capitalization, not being overly expressive, correct puntuation, and a number of other silly restrictions. It's a web forum, not a essay assignment for school. My way would be to let people do whatever they want so long as they are not threatening anyone, trolling, soliciting illegal services or making excessive amounts of posts for no reason. Topic relevence is a tricky one but I think in most cases it's should just be ignored as a non-issue.

Or maybe they are just smart, since any intervention would surely produce more enemies for them

Yes. This is called "choosing your battles". Too many rules/restrictions will only make people resent you. The way I see it, we are here because ROM hacking is out hobby and creative expression. Too many rules would just suck the fun out of it.

On the other hand, they will reject your hack submission if you type the word "I" in the description. Reason: the description of a hack should be objective, which is a banal reason for rejection.

Maybe it used to be different but for the two submissions that I made the submission form took care of this right then. It was programmed to tell whether your description was in 3rd person or not. It was a little annoying but I think it was for the best in this case.

They do occasionally lock or move some topics though.

I recently fell victim to this when Bahamut Zero started a forum game that was quickly shut down. Pissed me off because it was fun and they ruined it.

I remember when you first opened this forum and there used to be only you, me and Euclid and Aeranima I believe (what happened to him and his promising Renaissance of Evil hack), and the board was a substitute for emailing for Parallel Universes. Good old times.

or maybe too driven to build a "perfect world"

If you're going to send a creation out into the world you have to give it room to grow and accept that once it starts to take on a life of it's own that it may not necessarily turn into what you originally had in mind.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sat 30 May 2015 - 5:42

I'm just noticing that Puzzledude doesn't have any cool titles under his name (just his rank in very tiny writing). He has contributed more than I ever will to this community and I am listed as "ROM Hacker". I know the titles don't mean much but he deserves something that looks and sounds cool. At least more than me.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 30 May 2015 - 11:51

I'm actually satisfied with the Hero of time title. And you know, a true romhacker doesn't need a forum, titles or ranks, but rather makes his name by achievements.

When I've first seen GoW and PR being carted, I started working on a brand new format of a Rom, a derivate of Exlorom, with the purpose to prevent selling of carts. I really don't care about those carts anymore, but I'll stil publish this format, that supports 16MB.

Nobody has ever done this before and is probably incapable of doing, specially because I also needed to slightly recode the emulators Snes9x and Zsnes to run this format. With this I'm also passivly trying to say, where my true place is in this community.

The main reason for me stepping down is a simple idea, that you can not have 2 people running the show. There should always be only 1 admin-founder at the time (and now it is).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sat 30 May 2015 - 19:08

And you know, a true romhacker doesn't need a forum, titles or ranks, but rather makes his name by achievements.

I like that. And of course Hero of Time works too since you are working on Gates of Time.

The main reason for me stepping down is a simple idea, that you can not have 2 people running the show. There should always be only 1 admin-founder at the time (and now it is).

I can see how that would be a problem.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Sat 30 May 2015 - 20:54

Puzzledude wrote:And you know, a true romhacker doesn't need a forum, titles or ranks, but rather makes his name by achievements.
I will say that some forums like RHDN need ranks for contributions as it is community driven; however, people like mrrichard999 make rankings an obsession...

http://www.romhacking.net/submissions/SubmissionRanking/

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sat 30 May 2015 - 21:43

I will say that some forums like RHDN need ranks for contributions as it is community driven; however, people like mrrichard999 make rankings an obsession...

Puzz is #50 Smile
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 30 May 2015 - 22:23

SunGodPortal wrote:

Puzz is #50 Smile
I wasn't actually aware of that. Also, I don't know why RHDN decided to have such a list in the first place, since a contribution can also be an edit of a hack, which changes nothing more than some grammar mistakes in the description.

Speaking of ranks, this hack (which we all know), has (as far as I know) the biggest number of downloads and the biggest number of reviews:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/197/
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sun 31 May 2015 - 0:03

Speaking of ranks, this hack (which we all know), has (as far as I know) the biggest number of downloads and the biggest number of reviews:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/197/

That's cool. Some times I feel I should give the game another chance, since it's been a while. One of the negative reviews there is mine.
Embarassed
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Sun 31 May 2015 - 1:17

[quote="SunGodPortal"]
I love smoking pot but in recent years I've had to come to the realization that I personally should only use it in small doses and on rare occasions because any more than that will make my bipolar disorder more difficult to manage.

Sorry to jump back on the reefer subject but I figured I'd at least be like yay people defended it for me, I probably smoke a bit more than I should have but it eases my anxiety and keeps me from having panic attacks (started using it heavily when I got arrested for being a terrorist) so yeah, I'm an advocate
scawful
scawful

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next