Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Page 16 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 39  Next

Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 16 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Conn Wed 15 Jan 2014 - 17:28

That makes sense since the goldrod is stronger than the magic cape (since it hurts enemies, but should drain the same amount of magic).

This solution in AST is the only possibility to block anything with the Magic cape required. Other obstacles are pass-able with enough bottles. You could use this riddle though, since the Ankh is in your inventory much later (also good for people who can't solve it with the Magic cape; they could do so later with the ankh).

*lol it is listenable and concerned with the difficulties using the editor, it surely is a masterpiece! Keep it up! Is there a chance that somebody quite skilled can help you with it?

I'm thinking about a character that fits to be warped away with the triforce medal (Tingle suits in my opinion perfect for the dustgirl with his "I am a fairy!!!!). Could be a sheika or a special vip guard...
Conn
Conn

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 16 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 16 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Founder Wed 15 Jan 2014 - 19:01

I'll probably change the cape and blue cane magic usage so that the later drains less magic ;-)

Euclid found those values ages ago, so people that find the Golden Rod will obviously find the game easier!

About the music editor, it is surely an hidden wonder! I don't think I'll ever be able to create something from scratch that sounds good, but I might attempt at remixing some of the LTTP track to make them sound more like the other games in that saga.. changing instruments there and there, adjusting the tempo, playing with the notes etc... Similar to what I did with the two songs by Potentialing ;-)

Does Tingle ever say that? If that's really the case, he's indeed going to be the sprite that gets turned into a fairy!

Founder

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 15 Jan 2014 - 19:35

Maybe my notes to the Music Editor help you, and also Potentialing could explain some stuff...

Maybe you can contact
https://www.youtube.com/user/HyruleMagic
He did some great stuff using HM's editor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzFxYzIuwLw

As for Tingle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJib4akWSqQ
At 5:53 he Claims to be a forest fairy *lol
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Wed 15 Jan 2014 - 20:26

Thnaks for those links, they'll surely help!

Also thanks for that little insight about Tingle that I didn't knew :-P

I'm currently tried to create a similar song to the underwater hyrule theme song from wind waker!

So far, so good, I'm getting the hang of that editor hehe

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Thu 16 Jan 2014 - 21:22

I've made a list of my final requirements needed to do before we enter the beta and there's like twenty+ different assignments which I'll do in the coming weeks, while waiting for Puzzledude to complete his dungeons :-)

Go figure, I'm estimating about 60 more hours of my spare time of work left with HM on my part! I'll still need to copy Puzzledude dungeons when they'll be done, but that'll be a breeze! 60 hours is pretty good considering this project probably took 10000+ hours easily lol =P

^^I've made the bottle in the first dungeon more easy to find! I'm pretty sure it would have been much harder without it! I've simplified that boss fight as much as I could. Nullified his beam attacks, all that does damage is those green fireballs! And best of all, you only need to hit him nine times with the first sword!

I've also added dialogue to the sprite which gives you your first bottle... he also now gives you a frying pan as I've changed the bottle gfx in that sprite set to a frying pan and will change the bottle animation into that of a frying pan... so now Conker will have both his baseball bat and trustworthy frying pan!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 17 Jan 2014 - 6:23

haha* you really love concer's bad fur day :p
So which gfx will it be? A bottle in the menu and a frying pan when equipped in the y-box?

btw: typo - "Hey look a what I've found in the kitchen..." - "Hey, look at what..."

Also I think it's the y-button and not the x you need to press. Has the x button any use in your dungeons? It normally Shows the map, but I've heard it's difficult to hack.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 17 Jan 2014 - 17:07

Hey... good idea! A bottle in the menu and a frying pan when equipped in the y-box it is!

I'll fix those typos too, about the x button, I wasn't sure which button it was, so I kept it like that and were supposed to go check it out but forgot, so thanks!!

X button isn't used in dungeons as dungeon maps will be drawn directly in the smartphone's right screen ;-)

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 18 Jan 2014 - 1:53

Looking great!

Keep up the good work.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 16 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 18 Jan 2014 - 17:05

Hey... good idea! A bottle in the menu and a frying pan when equipped in the y-box it is!
It is possible that one gfx is used for both (actually it's most likely) but I already hacked this place and will be able to separate the gfx, if you add one to the unused place in the menu gfxs.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Sat 18 Jan 2014 - 23:38

dam it you guys are nearly done and i've made no progress on my stuff

I'll probably need about 2 banks of data at the back of the rom - since conn's done a bazillion amount of asm hacks i don't want to step over his work, mind sending over the latest one for me to work off?
Euclid
Euclid

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sun 19 Jan 2014 - 0:12

I'll try Erock, thanks!

I will check this out during my weekend Conn and reply back if I need any hex edits Wink

It's okay Euclid, there's no rush, you still have eleven more months (and a half!) to complete your work. More then enough time for everything to be complete on my part and Puzzledude's one! Conn is already done, hopefully he'll stick around for the annoying bugfixing part that comes with the beta test :-P

And I also hope that it'll be enough time for you to complete your parts aswell.

I'll hook you up with my latest rom, hold on.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 19 Jan 2014 - 6:12

@Euclid
*lol, yes. It also happened to me one time that I overwrite some of your asm accidently when we worked parallel 1 year ago with the Goldstar.

I do not know how many new tilesets SePH is going to include, the 5 native ones end at pc $14/0000 each pc bank can have 2 tilesets if I am right so if we leave space for 6 further new tilesets you can savely put your asm from 17/0000 forward. At 18/0000 there's only FF for some banks that should be unused, too. The ending screens start at 2c/0000. So the space between 17/0000 and 2c/0000 is all yours Wink

@SePH:
If I am right, the empty bottles have another gfx than the full bottles (could be all 4 tiles, but maybe also only the two bottom tiles). I'll need to check this out, but it surely is a doable thing to have the empty bottles separated in empty bottle in menu and frying pan in y-button box (hud). Puzz did a great job in turning the used net into a bottle circling, but you can maybe also adjust it to a circling pan (I guess this is your plan anyway).

And don't worry about the bugs, with Euclid and me around it's gonna be a perfect game :p
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sun 19 Jan 2014 - 17:26

You're right, the bottles in the menu don't use four tiles at all, so I may need your help afterall! Yeah, I'll change the animation of the bottle into that of a frying pan (it's on my to do list).

Euclid, I'm wondering something...since Conn took almost all the free 2pbb graphics we had reserved for the dungeon maps in the menu... to add new items:

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 16 Image12_zps57ab08cc

Is it possible to make your coding load 2bpp graphics elsewhere in the graphics bin?

Like this freespace area that's between the intro screens and the second part of items:

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 16 Image8_zps9add74f3

I'm wondering this since I can paste 2bpp graphics everywhere in the graphics bin, even over the 4bpp ones (they become 2bpp). It's a mather of your coding and if it can read other locations then the original locations.

It may be possible since many of Conn's patches can load graphics that are outside of those compressed graphics, in other areas of the rom per say, but I have no idea about 2bpp graphics.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sun 19 Jan 2014 - 18:22

I just had a rather good brainstorming about my ''Heart of the TARDIS'' dungeon... and the stopwatch!

Is it possible to rename the ''Stopwatch'' into the ''Tardis Key'' Conn? Keep the same grey color of course!

It will work the same as before, stopping the counter and warping you to the beginning of the dungeons. It would be amazing if it would work only in the ''Heart of the TARDIS'' since that dungeon is essentially the TARDIS itself but split accross parallel universes ;-)

The key being the only thing that makes you enter the Heart itself where the first form of Ganon resides...
After defeating him... he will escape the TARDIS through the Ganon painting, creating the batcave event.

Speaking of item names, there's also the ''Magic Powder'' which needs to be renamed as ''Fairy Dust''... otherwise known as the only item who kept the same name from Zelda 3 until now :-P

Thanks!!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 19 Jan 2014 - 19:09

I do not know but think it isn't possible to load more 2bbp graphic locations due to the mode of addressing. What we can think about however, is to make some space free:
- left top tile of Goldstar
- 3 tiles of lifebelt by mirroring/flipping
- sword 2 and 4 appear to be the same tiles
...etc (like having only one card for the shields with different palettes, changing other items so that they can be mirrored as well).
We'd need to know how many tiles you exactly need I think, unless Euclid has a solution to load the graphics from another location (what I hope, since it will mean lots of work to readdress everything and in the worst case we need to renounce on some cool things Wink).

Sure I can rename the stopwatch and powder (however I do not know how to make it work in tardis only, since I have no idea how your game is built up). You can send me a new Version of your rom with the frying pan intus in the rare space of the 2bbp menu, so I can hack both things in one go (name changes, showing frying pan in Y-box when empty bottle equipped).

Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 19 Jan 2014 - 21:10

Edit:
I don't think it is possible since the tiles for the bg3 layer is quite limited, however, I may have a brillant idea: we could utilize the space that is reserved for the text; you cannot be in the menu and have a text monologue at the same time... so an asm that makes a vram Transfer of this map tiles to the text area whenever you get into the menu should do the job. The text field is refreshed with every monolgue then anyway (or we can make another vram transfer of the letters when leaving the menu again)... would this work?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Mon 20 Jan 2014 - 7:37

yes the vram from the text area can work, but it's a lot harder than you think - there might not even be enough time to start a vram transfer to load the 8 rows of graphics in time when you press start (notice the slight lag before dialog text appears? that's the variable width font doing its job)

The other obvious way to tackle this problem is to simplify the map even more - why not just display the room layout (as in HM layout 0-7) being used in that room?

Another idea is to do something about the transparent background font set - as far as i know we're not using it (yet).

There is another completely different way though - one thing i haven't checked is if the SNES gpu allows more than 2 banks of 2BPP graphics to be loaded - the graphic pointers themselves definitely support more than 2 banks (the hvop pptt tttt tttt snes format seems to indicate 4 banks). This one might require someone with a more indepth snes experience than i do to answer (probably someone with emulator background). If we can utilise the extra 2 banks, we can just put uncompressed gfx at the back of the rom for the dungeon maps to be loaded (and never unloaded) from the rom on start - all your space issue goes away with this as you've doubled the tiling space for menus.
Euclid
Euclid

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 20 Jan 2014 - 7:53

It's nice to know that there are quite many possibilities, so we can surely solve this problem somehow (with or without restrictions) Smile

I could simply try whether a vram transfer may work in time and won't cause any further Problems in case the text field is enough space for the maps.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 20 Jan 2014 - 9:21

I think I managed:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/vram_text.zip

I didn't encounter any noticeable time-delay or bugs, but please test yourself:

apply on not-headered.
pc $11/6500: vram asm (when getting to menu, the text field will be overwritten with the map tiles)
pc $11/6800: 2bpp menu tiles (800 Bytes; as you see in below Image I inserted some tiles to test - These tiles are uncompressed and can be addressed like any other 2bpp tiles in the menu map, when talking to somebody it gets overwritten in vram automatically)

Screen:
Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 16 Image229
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 20 Jan 2014 - 9:41

Good luck with this assignment, it seems more complicated then I thought but I'm certain you'll both figure it out together, you guys are just asm geniuses I mean! Zelda AST is testament of that...

I'll send you a fresh rom later in the day with the frying pan gfx in it Conn!

About making the Tardis Key work only in the tardis, it's no big deal.
I wanted it to work only in the rooms used for that dungeon.

It would also be awesome if the key turned Gold in the menu when in those dungeons (indicating that it can be used) just like in the show when the doctor is close to the tardis, but now I seriously doubt it's impossible feat in Zelda 3!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 20 Jan 2014 - 10:38

Good luck with this assignment, it seems more complicated then I thought but I'm certain you'll both figure it out together, you guys are just asm geniuses I mean! Zelda AST is testament of that...
As stated in my previous message it is easily possible to utilize the text field and make a half bank free ($80=128 2bpb tiles)... it only needs to be checked and approved by Euclid, since I think he's the one who inserts the dungeon maps Smile

I think I managed-
Patch:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/vram_text.zip

I didn't encounter any noticeable time-delay or bugs, but please test yourself:

apply on not-headered.
pc $11/6500: vram asm (when getting to menu, the text field will be overwritten with the map tiles)
pc $11/6800: 2bpp menu tiles (800 Bytes; as you see in below Image I inserted some tiles to test - These tiles are uncompressed and can be addressed like any other 2bpp tiles in the menu map, when talking to somebody it gets overwritten in vram automatically)

ok, I await your Rom to make those adjustments (was 2 Name changes+empty bottle).

As for the tardis key... dunno, I can do some stuff. But as I understood, the stopwatch has (except the mirror function in dungeons) only the function to let you walk more than 30 seconds in dungeons. And surely a Palette Change in the menu is possible. But since I do not know anything about the stopwatch code and tardis, it might also be better here if Euclid could take care of.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 20 Jan 2014 - 11:30

Alright sent ya the rom, I've placed the 2pbb gfx of the pan in these red locations:

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 16 Image22_zpse0e49b7f

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 16 Image23_zps1867ffcc

Also since Euclid mentionned it, I saved some space by removing the extra font that was originally meant for the area names in the hud... these will indeed be written in the smartphone menu now instead, so no need for it!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 20 Jan 2014 - 11:39

No need to worry about the space anymore, with my hack posted above to transfer the map tiles into the text field, we have plenty!
You can also reinsert the area names and use those. I think I transfer the pan tiles to the Location right to the lifebelt since I am too lazy to readdress the morning star and L4 sword tiles now ^^

edit:
Hold on, I will do that and send the Rom back to you and Euclid. Since I work with zcompress it is necessary to wait for my Rom until you work further.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 20 Jan 2014 - 13:05

Ok, already done. I sent the Rom to both you and Euclid.

Since my idea seem to work (utilize text field for dungeon maps while in menu) I preapplied above posted hack, restored the changes you made, since to the hack we have all space we need now for dungeon maps and all extra tiles: restored extra font, set frying pan next to lifebelt instead) and also made the Name changes and empty bottle selected/ frying pan in y-box.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 20 Jan 2014 - 14:06

The frying pan and tardis key really fit well in the game somehow, thanks! All I'll have to do now is update the tardis key dialog and it'll be perfect!

It also seems we'll have enough freespace to draw the dungeon maps now!

Either way good job, I'm sure it'll save us time ;-)

Founder

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 39  Next