Ninja Gaiden Trilogy

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ninja Gaiden Trilogy - Page 3 Empty Ninja Gaiden Trilogy

PeV Patch v2.3 [2019.01.18]:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/oc0v6nwicd7wb8l/ngt-msu1-patch-pepillopev-v2.3.zip/file

Track List [2019.01.18]: Link

PCM Packs

PepilloPeV Packs:
Loop Fixed NES Version v2.3
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/khxs2eek0d0gtyimgmoouz2o0emokdu3
Loop Fixed Hybrid Version 2.3 [artists: Conspiracy83, HPendragon, NES]
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/1dm74te4zujc3y35n9iircobvw5yzhmx

darthvaderx "Shinobi Series" Pack:
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Efw2t9LxeSyNU9mpNel7IJ_wT3T710QU/view?usp=sharing
YouTube Preview

Señor Ventura "NES" Pack:
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5x4tqvvbd245pwg/Ninja_Gaiden_Trilogy.rar/file

Last edited by pepillopev on Sun 21 Jun 2020 - 16:29; edited 93 times in total
pev

Ninja Gaiden Trilogy - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Ninja Gaiden Trilogy :: Comments

Post Sun 11 Nov 2018 - 11:37 by Señor Ventura

The first stage doesn't have loop, it begins with an accords that doesn't repeat in any other moment of the song, so is not possible to force any loop.

At the moment all the songs i'm checking begins different, so, the only chance i'm seeing is to shorten every track and do the loop by patching x_x

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 11 Nov 2018 - 12:00 by pev

Señor Ventura MSU1 PCMs allow you to loop back to a specified Sample point. You can use a freeware app called Audacity to find the loop “sweet spot”. With this value you can use another tool to hard code the value into the PCM. Qwerty has a guide on how to use this tool as well. I would help you further but I’m not at home at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 11 Nov 2018 - 12:25 by Señor Ventura

pepillopev wrote:Señor Ventura MSU1 PCMs allow you to loop back to a specified Sample point. You can use a freeware app called Audacity to find the loop “sweet spot”. With this value you can use another tool to hard code the value into the PCM. Qwerty has a guide on how to use this tool as well. I would help you further but I’m not at home at the moment.

That is a better solution, and it will let shorten the songs considerably.

Ok, i have to finish a couple of things here, and i will put myself to read how to do this. Since a time i wanted to learn, so, is not a bad moment.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 11 Nov 2018 - 21:49 by Señor Ventura

Audacity mutes my headphones and i hear nothing... i have to put it directly in the control pod of my logitech z5500, but it lags a little and i don't receive the sound inmediately when i starts something after pausing/stopping, so i'm dead right now when i need to localize the exact point to identify the points to loop the track.

Tomorrow i will try again x_x

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 12 Nov 2018 - 8:28 by pev

@Señor Ventura In the toolbar you will need to select your output audio device. By default it goes to the original connected audio device (normally not headphones). You will need to select your headset to pipe the audio to them.

Ninja Gaiden Trilogy - Page 3 Headse10

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 12 Nov 2018 - 9:45 by pev

@Señor Ventura Here is a quick rundown for using Sample Audio position mode in Audacity.

#1 Switch Audacity from seconds to samples
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy - Page 3 Sample10

#2 Find your loop point value (where audio seamless loops)*
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy - Page 3 Loop-v12
* Qwertymoto YouTube video example on how to create PCMs (and find loop points): Link

#3 Use wav2msu.exe** via command line to write loop value into PCM.
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy - Page 3 Loop-v13
Afterwards, your WAV file will be converted into a PCM file with the loop value hard coded into it. Now you can use foobar with Qwerty's plugin to listen if it loops seamlessly or Goldwave (if this is your preferred app to use).
**Link to wav2msu tool: Link

This is just a crude way of doing this. It can be made more automated using Qwerty's msupcm++ with JSON files. I suggest getting a hang of this first before moving to JSON method. You can also use Audacity to listen to your WAV to find that "perfect" loop point too.

You can get foobar with Qwerty's msu plugin already included via this LINK. Just decompress it with 7zip or WinRAR and assign the msu PCMs to this app (similar to what you did with Goldwave). Foobar2000 will automatically start playing the MSU1 PCM the moment you open them. You can also drag and drop more PCM files into foobar to play them.

Much Luck. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 12 Nov 2018 - 20:56 by Señor Ventura

@pepillopev I did found the problem already... some software, like magic samplitude, mutes all from any program except its own itself, and after that all were conflicts with the sound until i restarted the pc.

Thank you for the information, i have much work to do Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 2 Dec 2018 - 21:31 by Señor Ventura

P.D: In emulators the music sounds louder than the sound effects, but with the sd2snes it sounds more or less aceptable.

The problem is that if i correct a volume set for one, it messes up the other, and vice versa.

Last edited by Señor Ventura on Mon 3 Dec 2018 - 23:41; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 2 Dec 2018 - 22:18 by pev

@Señor Ventura Yeah, unfortunately, this will always be an issue for RevF and below Sd2snes boards vs emulator audio. This is not an issue with RevH sd2snes boards (to my understanding). I’m waiting for my Borti revF to revH mod board for this reason. Hopefully with this upgrade I can better balance the audio in emulators and actual hardware. In essence, the same audio balance will fit both platforms.

I am not really a fan of the software audio boost feature built into the current 1.8.0 release on my revF.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 2 Dec 2018 - 22:51 by Señor Ventura

pepillopev wrote:@Señor Ventura Yeah, unfortunately, this will always be an issue for RevF and below Sd2snes boards vs emulator audio. This is not an issue with RevH sd2snes boards (to my understanding). I’m waiting for my Borti revF to revH mod board for this reason. Hopefully with this upgrade I can better balance the audio in emulators and actual hardware. In essence, the same audio balance will fit both platforms.

I am not really a fan of the software audio boost feature built into the current 1.8.0 release on my revF.

So, the correct volume is the marked by the emulator, and the emulator volume level matches with the later versions of the sd2snes, but not with the first pcb's, is that correct?.

So i have to readjust the volume level of the pack... well, it can be ready tomorrow.

edit: My sd2snes is one of these older pcb's, How can i do to upgrade it?.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 2 Dec 2018 - 23:03 by pev

@Señor Ventura That is really up to you. There is really no right answer for this scenario. I normally stick between 20-26dB range (depending on how loud the FX is in games). Ask other PCM artists how they make a decision regarding this. Maybe Relikk might have some advice.

The Revision H sd2snes is suppose to be the perfect version from what I read. The volume set for emulators should match with this sd2snes.

Once I update mine, I’ll see for myself if this is true. Or someone else with a RevH can answer this.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 3 Dec 2018 - 23:55 by Señor Ventura

Finally i corrected the volume level of all the tracks with the correct values. Now it works as it should.

I have reduced the file size now to 112 MB, wich is an improvement in terms of efficiency. The rest is well known... looped, post-processed, and all that stuff... i think it sounds good, and finally i can continue with the ninja gaiden 2 OST.

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5dwr04zdvs4o2rz/Ninja_Gaiden_Trilogy_1_OST_MSU.rar/file

Loop table (if needed). Themes from 00 to 21 (33 tracks):
$01,$01,$01,$01,$01,$01,$03,$03,$01,$01,$03,$03,$03,$03,$03,$01 ; 00 to 0F
$01,$03,$01,$03,$03,$01,$01,$03,$01,$03,$03,$03,$01,$01,$01,$01 ; 10 to 1F
$01,$01,$--,$--,$--,$--,$--,$--,$--,$--,$--,$--,$--,$--,$--,$-- ; 20 and 21

Last edited by Señor Ventura on Fri 14 Dec 2018 - 6:41; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 4 Dec 2018 - 9:40 by Conn

Thanks, I added your link to first post

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 4 Dec 2018 - 10:05 by pev

@Señor Ventura Is this set a replacement for your first NG1 set? Just asking in order to make sure duplicate sets are not posted.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 4 Dec 2018 - 21:06 by Señor Ventura

pepillopev wrote:@Señor Ventura Is this set a replacement for your first NG1 set? Just asking in order to make sure duplicate sets are not posted.

Yes, this new pack replaces the previous one, cause the other pack had a bad volume level for emulators and the new standard of sd2snes.

This new pcm pack is the definitive, click free, and all ^^

Now i'm doing the ninja gaiden 2 tracks, and later i will don't know what to do with the ninja gaiden 3, cause it has an very flat OST (musically speaking).

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 4 Dec 2018 - 21:23 by pev

@Señor Ventura Ok, that is what I figured. I replaced your previous link with the new one and made the appropriate annotations. Good job.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 5 Dec 2018 - 22:11 by Señor Ventura

I have 3 tracks of the NG2 ost without assign.

Boss battle 03:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WrpCNZHPDY&list=PL963CFB616E20C171&index=11

Cutscene 14:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6YELh1i7xU&list=PL963CFB616E20C171&index=17

Ending part 02:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1AYrl7O_KU&list=PL963CFB616E20C171&index=29

And there are in the msu1 pack three tracks named ngt-msu1-61, ngt-msu1-62, and ngt-msu1-63 with different songs, and i don't know if the three youtube tracks should be in any of these "ngt-msu1-6x", or there are three more.

I don't know if these are an (very) free version of the songs, or really i missed some tracks.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 5 Dec 2018 - 22:19 by pev

Señor Ventura Below is the text file that has all the msu values and brief descriptions for all three Ninja Gaiden names. Hope this helps you out.

Ninja Gaiden Trilogy Track Map (Text File)

27 | 3D | 61 | NG3 Intro 1 [Irene]
61 | 3E | 62 | NG3 Intro 2 [Irene chased by evil Ryu]
50 | 3F | 63 | NG3 Intro 3 [Irene falls]

In the example above (taken from text file), you will only care about the third column (this would be your ngt-msu1-61, ngt-msu1-62, etc).

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 5 Dec 2018 - 22:49 by Señor Ventura

pepillopev wrote: Señor Ventura Below is the text file that has all the msu values and brief descriptions for all three Ninja Gaiden names. Hope this helps you out.

Ninja Gaiden Trilogy Track Map (Text File)

27 | 3D | 61 | NG3 Intro 1 [Irene]
61 | 3E | 62 | NG3 Intro 2 [Irene chased by evil Ryu]
50 | 3F | 63 | NG3 Intro 3 [Irene falls]

In the example above (taken from text file), you will only care about the third column (this would be your ngt-msu1-61, ngt-msu1-62, etc).

I was afraid of this... i have three tracks out of the list, i mean, i have three songs more than the listed.

Or even 4 songs if we count the game over theme (but is rare, this theme is the one that plays when ryu lost one life, and in NG2 is supossed that is the game over song):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGByOqMIksA&index=30&list=PL963CFB616E20C171

Anyway, i will take a look again tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 6 Dec 2018 - 10:06 by pev

@Señor Ventura If my memory is correct when making this patch, each Ninja Gaiden game in this Trilogy pack has its own track for Act Introduction and Ryu Died.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 6 Dec 2018 - 20:49 by Señor Ventura

pepillopev wrote:@Señor Ventura If my memory is correct when making this patch, each Ninja Gaiden game in this Trilogy pack has its own track for Act Introduction and Ryu Died.

Yes, the thing is that the OST of youtube shows an game over theme cause in the nes version there is an game over theme, but in the NG trilogy of snes the game pass directly to the password screen.

So, there is no problem with that finally.

But this three tracks are in the NES OST, but seems to not be in the MSU1 hack:

Boss battle 03:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WrpCNZHPDY&list=PL963CFB616E20C171&index=11

Cutscene 14:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6YELh1i7xU&list=PL963CFB616E20C171&index=17

Ending part 02:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1AYrl7O_KU&list=PL963CFB616E20C171&index=29

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 6 Dec 2018 - 21:27 by pev

@Señor Ventura Here is what I know:

Boss Battle 03 I do not recall ever hearing it during my play testing. I watched a long play video to compare my play through to confirm this. Below is a youtube video link for NG2 Boss Rush and their respective music.
YouTube NG2 Boss Rush

Cutscene 14 is ngt-msu1-49.pcm

Ending part 02 is ngt-msu1-2.pcm
- I assigned track 2 to game select screen as NG2 does not have an ending (goes straight to password)

As for Game Over, I never got a track trigger for this in the SNES version, from what I remember.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 6 Dec 2018 - 22:59 by Señor Ventura

pepillopev wrote:Cutscene 14 is ngt-msu1-49.pcm

That's right, you have got the reason... is just that cut scene 14 and 49.pcm doesn't begins identical, and lasts a while to reach the part in what these sound the same.

pepillopev wrote:Ending part 02 is ngt-msu1-2.pcm
- I assigned track 2 to game select screen as NG2 does not have an ending (goes straight to password)

Ok, i see, so it is no necessary too (just like the "game over" screen case), and all is correct with my pcm pack.

Then i expect to post it tomorrow, or during the weekend if i don't procrastinate too much xD

pepillopev wrote:As for Game Over, I never got a track trigger for this in the SNES version, from what I remember.

yes, there is no game over screen in the snes version, so it is no necessary, sorry for the confusion ^^u

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 14 Dec 2018 - 6:48 by Señor Ventura

Ninja Gaiden 2 remasterd OST from NES. The file occupies 99MB, has all the filters, wide stereo, looped, and sounds really good with headphones.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/86hef8t8dn64hli/Ninja_Gaiden_Trilogy_2_OST_MSU1.rar/file

I don't know what to do with the ninja gaiden 3 ost, cause it is really bad, and don't worth the effort to remaster it... maybe i could do something new with it.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 14 Dec 2018 - 7:47 by pev

@Señor Ventura Cool, linked to the top. Thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next