Blank ROMbase

Go down

Blank ROMbase Empty Blank ROMbase

Post by Petuuuhhh Thu 29 Mar 2018 - 16:46

Hi,

I cleared everything I possibly could on the maps of A Link to the Past. The most significant thing I did was turn all of the overworld maps blank.
Attachments
Blank ROMbase Attachment
Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (U) - Blank.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(17 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

Petuuuhhh
Bee
Bee

Since : 2018-03-27

Back to top Go down

Blank ROMbase Empty Re: Blank ROMbase

Post by wizzrobemaster Thu 29 Mar 2018 - 18:46

you missed a spot. the swordsmith's hut was not emptied

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Petuuuhhh Thu 29 Mar 2018 - 19:38

Oops. Sorry

Petuuuhhh
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Fri 30 Mar 2018 - 11:00

i also found one section in the dark world is not empty either.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 30 Mar 2018 - 18:57

Nice, however no need to empty the rom, since the overworld is not really "empty", you just filled everything with the same element, so the game doesn't really see it as empty.

Regarding rooms, some are better if not touched at all (bug/debug purposes). If you want completely new rooms, just construct dungeons separately (each on separate rom) and insert them via hex, than repoint the pointers to new dungeons. The rom will than have old and new dungeons (this is how I'm doing it), while having 2MB. But indeed this is an andvanced approach.

Also, there's a catch: areas 03 and 05 have the hardcoded brown grass, and hardcoded backdrop (ie overlay), which you can not get rid of, thus you can not really travel from area 02 to 03 on standard scroll. Same for anoying area 1B/4B, specially in dark world with the hardoced backdrop/overlay.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Blank ROMbase Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Petuuuhhh Sat 31 Mar 2018 - 1:44

I'd really like to learn how to do the pointing and repointing thing. I know how to hex edit, but I wouldn't know what sections can be repointed. Is this information in the all-in-one mega guide with 714 pages?

Petuuuhhh
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down