Share this post on: reddit

Super Scope 6 :: Comments

smokemonster

Post Sun 22 Apr 2018 - 19:08 by smokemonster

Nice one, Kurrono Very Happy

Back to top Go down

smokemonster

Post Sun 22 Apr 2018 - 19:14 by smokemonster

Hmm, the patch only seems to play the original SNES music in emulation. Is this real hardware-only?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 22 Apr 2018 - 19:54 by Conn

No, simply forgot to add an empty sns6-msu1.msu

(but included the sfc instead -> please delete that from the zip!)

Last edited by Conn on Sun 22 Apr 2018 - 19:57; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 22 Apr 2018 - 19:57 by pev

@Conn Fixed! Smile

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 22 Apr 2018 - 20:00 by Conn

Nice Smile

See if it works now with the empty sn6-msu1.msu file smokemonster (redownload Pev's patch to find it).

Back to top Go down

smokemonster

Post Sun 22 Apr 2018 - 20:05 by smokemonster

Yes, it works now. Thanks to you both! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 22 Apr 2018 - 20:21 by Conn

Both: = Kurrono & Pev, I didn't contribute anything to this patch Razz

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sun 22 Apr 2018 - 20:52 by kurrono

Hey guys Sf2 world warrior resulted easier than Turbo and .....Ssf....m no need to find mute i,just hacked on 008c20 thats it... is already spc fallback friendly..Conn no hard work there Very Happy

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sun 22 Apr 2018 - 20:53 by kurrono

So Im releasing street fighter 2 soon...

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 3:11 by Relikk

kurrono wrote:So  Im releasing street fighter 2 soon...

You can use my PCM's for the arcade version if you want, K. You can repackage the ones you need.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 3:50 by kurrono

Yea is almost same as sf2 turbo..only easier to hack..ill release tomorrow i was dealing with the mask ..one of the shareable tracks is not even shared.. the park and the sewer has different music but it uses A:0000 X:9182 Y:0000
and i noticed another shareable one goes on Y:00c2 but that belong to stage clear..not the sewer..so if i hack park song it will be same for sewer..in,game they habe different songs ..totally trixky

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 5:21 by Conn

I hope you used my code as template for SF2:WW. I remember that SF2-Turbo and TNC were so similar that it more or less a porting thing.

Regarding Battletoads, I was able to fix the crash bug in Geiger (there was a nmi disable not executed (LDA #$01 - STA $4200), I could work around this... however: I was not able to mute the music, equally what I did to the apu (and that was a lot), either the game did not enter from Title Screen to game mode, or it freezed at SFX. I start wondering whether it is possible to msu this game.
But I may try a bit more.

Edit, found it:
https://www.zeldix.net/t835-battletoads-and-double-dragon-msu1

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 15:52 by kurrono

Yea but sf2ww dont needed a mute..that was in the same music change code i found Sta $7F7F7D

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 29 Apr 2018 - 12:31 by Shiryu

Video up!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 19:18 by Bonenanza

where do you find the bgms for the packs?
I can understand how a PCM set for a game based on a movie or something similar is created, if there is an official soundtrack its a no brainer even if in many situations just (close to) similar sounding/feeling bgms have to suffice..
another thing is with games based on arcade games, where the arcade obviously has a bigger memory and more space for better higher quality sounds or the same situation for different ports of games. Ports from other consoles or newer versions of the games with a propably better sounding version are all no problem, because thes are existing soundtracks...

but what about this one?

Where did the/this MSU1 soundtrack for the "nintendo scope" default game originate from? was it taken directly from the game and then "enhanced" or "remastered" with audioeffects and all kind of audioengineering or was it even "recomposed"?
I am really curious, also because with some games it doesnt feel to me like theres any change/difference at all compared to how i remember the game(sound) to be, but then that also might just be since i havent heard the original audio of the game in a while..

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 22:19 by kurrono

Have u ever heard of Spc2midi?
Well I created that songs in midi format..
That's how I did it...some ppl uses other methods there are better apps to. Create midi for snes ..but I'm not into that ..I prefer to hack the games now

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 7:16 by Bonenanza

Well as soon as a game is "opened/hacked" i guess it shouldnt be any problem to make a new PCM set for it, and until a proper set is existent there needs to be something... but else "imho" i am not very fond og these midi-soundtracks.. then i would prefer the original over the hack. But as soon as the midi exists the sounds can be swapped with something that sounds good, so its good groundwork. I am a musician myself and I will take a look at it and maybe create some PCM sets myself Very Happy

I guess there is enough reason for you guys to hack a game and open it up for MSU just because it can be done, right? Especially if the code of the game makes it easy right?
Am I right if i say that some games are easyer to hack than others?

Do you, or anyone else on this board, have a list of games without a proper soundtrack or better said, where there is just a midi soundtrack?
I remember when i saw/heard the "Home alone" version, the only question that arose in me was: "why"? but then came the OST PCM set (which i havent heard yet, but i expect it to be better) Very Happy

If i could i would also rather hack games.. especially since the SGB opened up a whole new world of games..
but i will have to stick to music since that is my forte..

you say you created the midi. Did you make the midi all by yourself, just by listening, or did you find them on the net?

as you might notice, i am completely new, but i am interested very much in the topic, since i bought myself a FX PAK and now want to hear "MY" Music in the games (if there isnt any better of course)

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 29 Jun 2022 - 14:43 by pev

@Kurrono FYI Your PCM link is dead.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 30 Jun 2022 - 2:00 by Conn

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 16 May 2023 - 18:36 by Conn

kurrono updated the patch and pcm set, re-download from OP

Back to top Go down