Fighter's History

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fighter's History Empty Fighter's History

-  Patch  -

Patch (v8 6th December 2020) (by Kurrono & Conn):
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/fh_msu1_patch.zip

Patch v8 (by Conn): Added fades and corrected the staff roll to have its own track. Merged music change patches (heavy damage and 30 second time triggers).

-  PCM Packs  -

Arcade/Neo Geo Pack (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/wyhVADII#ZLSZw3T3hnlnZN5Qri_p2m_HwaY-12JbNgUCqx3eTJE

Fighters History Dynamite / Karnov's Revenge Pack (Arcade / Neo Geo) (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/ZywAESLZ#gTyXlHaE22ZTV5kgztM09rDSToAJIT8K-ZjJAyWOCcY

NEOGEOCD PCM PACK (by Cyber_Yagami):
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/helfln65fq98oek/Fighters_History_%2528NeoGeo_CD_PCM%2529.7z/file

-  Track Map  -

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I7_-feDT4oorK44U44xtYdYF2h0BdAvL_Jn6c1AaqPw

Last edited by kurrono on Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 10:26; edited 2 times in total
kurrono
kurrono

Fighter's History Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Fighter's History :: Comments

Polargames

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 2:12 by Polargames

- moved to the top -

Cover art, Will also be placed in Art sticky, and my drive as well.

All rights belong to there respected parties, I just found this on google. :-)

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 15:54 by Relikk

Which ROM was used as the base for the patch? I'm getting some bugs with the No-Intro US Rev A ROM. Want to determine if it's the patch or the ROM.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 16:13 by kurrono

Could be the rom.. i,havent checked what version i have.. icsn check it tonight when i get home.. and let know you..at 9pm

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 16:18 by Conn

I briefly checked the code, could be cleaned up but I can't find bugs by looking at it (am out atm, can't test). I also think k tested thoroughly before release.

What sort of bugs do you get on which system?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 16:19 by Relikk

kurrono wrote:Could be the rom.. i,havent checked what version i have.. icsn check it tonight when i get home.. and let know you..at 9pm

Just ruling stuff out. The only other ROMs in the No-Intro set are a beta and the Japanese ROM. There's no US v1 ROM, so to speak. Just the Rev A which would be a v2.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 16:23 by Relikk

Conn wrote:I briefly checked the code, could be cleaned up but I can't find bugs by looking at it (am out atm, can't test). I also think k tested thoroughly before release.

What sort of bugs do you get on which system?

Played on BSNES.

I noticed in the track values that there must be a "heavy damage" code in there like in SF2 for the music to change when a certain damage level is reached. That didn't trigger and the PCMs didn't play.

At the start of the round (using Lee) instead of Round "1" it said Round "the sound effect for Lee's Zesshou Hou" in a higher pitch, and then just randomly it'd do that sound effect in various pitches throughout the round.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 16:27 by Conn

At a second glimpse I found bug sources, like you make a jsl to the msu play which is 4 bytes. But your hook deleted stuff is 6 bytes (sta 2140,2141). You didn't nop these 2 bytes out, k.

Guess I'll look over the code once back home. Maybe this will fix some stuff Smile

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 16:40 by Polargames

Played this game on snes9x and it worked without an issue. I hope that helps you out somewhat. :-)

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 16:43 by kurrono

I saw that in the arcade.. when ur low o. Energy mysic change on arcade..on snes mines dont do that only at 30sec timer

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 17:16 by Relikk

Ignore the scanlines, I forgot to turn them off. The audio appears to be out of sync, also.  Sob

So you can hear the round start bug with the announcer all the way through that.

The music change seems to be random going by what Kurrono posted above. Especially at the end of the first round against Feilin.

And the random voice samples on Jean's stage.

Again, this is using the Rev A ROM.

Last edited by Relikk on Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 13:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed video)

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 17:21 by kurrono

The music is suppose to start after round 1 fight

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 17:30 by kurrono

Ill check that tonight.. i,know in one the fights it tries to play other pcm the it start with right pcm

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 17:40 by kurrono

And if u notice smthing else the music its palyed for the character i fight not the stage...

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 18:17 by Conn

I am on my way home, k. I'll clean your code and fix some bugs. I suggest waiting for this version before testing something Wink

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 18:27 by kurrono

Not a prob.. maybe is the hook up i took..but the other.hookup had couple shared tracks
.that are a pain...plus dont got skills to get into ram.. im learning that now..because separatinf thru registers is impossible almost like pitfall.....

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 18:46 by kurrono

Hey Conn the rom u used was Rev A.. i dont even know what versiom is mines

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 19:38 by Conn

OK, I added v2 to first post.
- fixed the routine that jumps to the code (added 2 NOPs)
- made all addresses to hirom long $002000 instead of $2000 (didn't bug here yet, but it usually bugs in all hiroms)
- added a routine to skip $2007 write if no pcm found (much more sd2snes friendly)
- cleaned the code

Relikk, I hope most bugs are addressed (I just checked the code and didn't really playtested). There's nothing more I can do.
The round ONE bug is still there, this is connected to the hard mute, here's nothing we could do but finding a "normal" mute. But K didn't find it... and you know, my retirement plans... so we live with this little bug, I guess.

Redownload v2 from first post

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 20:18 by kurrono

I did found smthing... but the game freezes after beating 1st round...

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 20:31 by Conn

but the game freezes after beating 1st round...
With my new patch, or with something else you tried?

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 20:34 by kurrono

That was before i got your hard mute Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 20:40 by Conn

Ah ok, I also briefly checked if I am able to find something but failed. If this round one is the only issue, I'd leave it. If there are more, I may look into it again.
E.g., I found 2140-f3 is fade out and such, but combining it with your asm was of no avail. So if you really want to get spc muted without hard mute, you'd have to find another hook, which also means other pcm names.
So if all other sfx are intact, leave it the way it is, I'd say

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 21:57 by kurrono

The other hook i found.. karnov stage,klown stage and marstorius stage shares the same value
.and cant be separated.. on A,X,Y registers

It gotta be on RAm...

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 22:05 by kurrono

Conn that mute u found was on C808F6?

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 22:33 by kurrono

The hookups i found it it loads the trigger before it says fight!!

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next