GweiloGopher's Questions

Go down

GweiloGopher's Questions

Post by GweiloGopher on Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 20:22

Hello,

I've recently finished the second dungeon of my hack and am having an intermittent glitch. Occasionally when falling through a pit, upon landing Link and all enemies have some glitched arrows under their sprites. I can't seem to consistently recreate the parameters that cause it. The dungeon involves falling through this pit multiple times, maybe 10% of time playthroughs encounter this issue.

Let me know if any of you have ever figured this issue out. Thanks again! (One more issue and I'll make a multiple question post next time)

EDIT:

1. What are the rules for enemy respawn? I would like to have a puzzle that requires bringing a frozen enemy. However, if the player accidentally kills the enemy, I don't want it to be necessary to exit and reenter the dungeon (which seems to be the only way to reliably respawn). Only other answer is to use the Transform sprite and have a constant stream of blobs falling but that removes the challenge of carrying a frozen enemy through the puzzle.

Thanks!

Last edited by GweiloGopher on Fri 19 Oct 2018 - 21:03; edited 1 time in total

GweiloGopher
Bee
Bee

Since : 2018-07-12

Back to top Go down

Re: GweiloGopher's Questions

Post by Puzzledude on Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 20:24

GweiloGopher wrote:Hello,

I've recently finished the second dungeon of my hack and am having an intermittent glitch. Occasionally when falling through a pit, upon landing Link and all enemies have some glitched arrows under their sprites. I can't seem to consistently recreate the parameters that cause it. The dungeon involves falling through this pit multiple times, maybe 10% of time playthroughs encounter this issue.

Let me know if any of you have ever figured this issue out. Thanks again! (One more issue and I'll make a multiple question post next time)
I've seen this before. It is the ZSNES emulator issue. Could also be a corelating problem between the rom and the emulation, so it could still be fixed, but no one figuered out the fix yet.
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum