Star Fox 2?

Go down

Star Fox 2? Empty Star Fox 2?

Post by Polargames Sat 17 Nov 2018 - 22:50

Hello everyone.

I had wanted to ask this question for a while, but due to the headache that the first Star Fox game had caused because the coding was tricky, I was worried that I would be misunderstood because I did not want people to think I was trying to ask for another project. I am not at all, I just wanted to ask could Star fox 2 be the same way for codeine as with Star Fox. With it being a FX game I think it would, but I am not sure. So I just wanted to ask so I could better understand how FX chip works. Again this is just a general question. Thank you and I hope you all have a great week :-).
Polargames
Polargames

Star Fox 2? Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Star Fox 2? Empty Re: Star Fox 2?

Post by Conn Sun 18 Nov 2018 - 5:52

SFX games are a misery I can tell. SMW2 and SF were one of the hardest games I ever coded. Kurrono will tell you the same Wink

Surely there is the chance that the code from SF can be ported (with many problems I think), but the main problem for this game is that there exist simply no remasters. We have this problem currently with Lufia 1. So there are games that simply cannot be msu:ed simply due to the lack of remastered tracks and this is one of them.
Conn
Conn

Star Fox 2? Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sun 18 Nov 2018 - 19:22

Conn wrote:SFX games are a misery I can tell. SMW2 and SF were one of the hardest games I ever coded. Kurrono will tell you the same Wink

Surely there is the chance that the code from SF can be ported (with many problems I think), but the main problem for this game is that there exist simply no remasters. We have this problem currently with Lufia 1. So there are games that simply cannot be msu:ed simply due to the lack of remastered tracks and this is one of them.

Understandable, I know you had told me because the game moves some of the code into the ram of the game right? If I got it wrong that is fine, I might had what you told me mixed up a bit. Interesting that you have think it may have many issues with the second one, Would it be the same style as the first one, or is the second one code wise not necessary so? Again I am just guessing on this. Darn, I had thought a lot of people would have done a remasters on the songs, from what I have read its a very popular series on the SNES. I have something to ask on Lufia 1. Now that you have said that there are a lack of remasters for it, Would non related game music work for said game. I ask because I had put together a little soundtrack list that I had thought would work for the game, but I did not know if you would want to go that way. I would hate to see this game not being msu:ed because of lack of music.
Polargames
Polargames

Star Fox 2? Image112

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 19 Nov 2018 - 1:13

I neither looked into SF2, so I too can also guess. Right now I do not have any ambitions though to examine this rom, since there are no remasters, so it's a waste of time.

Regarding Lufia 1, Jud6ment said he found 12 remasters... Maybe the community can finish this project, maybe not. I can only code, making pcm:s are still a mystery to me Razz
Conn
Conn

Star Fox 2? Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 19 Nov 2018 - 5:07

PCM's are *by far* the easier part.  Smile  If you ever want to learn, I have a couple of videos posted that explain the entire process using msupcm++.  They're a bit on the long side (almost an hour each), but it's not like the hacking side of things where you can learn the basic concept but then it's still different every single time, with hours and hours of reverse-engineering, more hours of development, and even more of debugging.  Once you can make a single track, it's (almost) exactly the same thing every time, and once it works, it's done.  Sure, you can get fancy, combining multiple source files and stuff like that, but you don't have to, and 99% of everything else is the exact same process.

-trim_start
-trim_end
-loop
-normalization
-done

And with msupcm++ it will do all of those things for you, all you have to do is find the right number to fill in for each of those fields in the json file.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Star Fox 2? Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 19 Nov 2018 - 6:21

Thanks qwerty, my problem is that I am not a very auditive person. Sometimes I cannot even distinguish pcm from spc and use other pcm:s like SMW or Zelda to ensure msu is indeed running Very Happy

I leave that part gladly to the experts on this board!
Conn
Conn

Star Fox 2? Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Mon 19 Nov 2018 - 23:29

No way..Im not hacking this game..Star Fox 1st almost took me since july almost till october was..the problem is these games have music not in the same opcodes...plus shared tracks to separate them u need to have Conn skills.. and we did much already..so Guys itss not happenins Razz (Conn)
kurrono
kurrono

Star Fox 2? Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Wed 21 Nov 2018 - 16:32

@Kurrono Do not worry, K. Given Conn's history of "slow retirement", I will not be too surprised if this patch pops up as an early Xmas present. Smile

pev

Star Fox 2? Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Wed 21 Nov 2018 - 23:13

@Kurrono, Do not worry at all, I just wanted to ask what peoples opinions on it. You do not in any way have to do this at all. All I was trying to get was more information on how FX all works. I had read a lot on the codeing part of a snes game, thanks to Conn's links he had sent me. But with this site has are users that have hands on experience, so I as a noob just wanted to learn more. So far from everyone I have learned a lot, and I also found that I enjoy map tracing lol. @Pev I am in no way trying to be a Grinch at all lol, but with the headache that was Star Fox, I do not think at all would pop up. Honestly I think that game had out done W3d in the term of headache. But again I could be wrong.
Polargames
Polargames

Star Fox 2? Image112

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Sun 25 Nov 2018 - 12:59

So Polar u saying u can hack. A game now? I want to see that Razz (Conn)
kurrono
kurrono

Star Fox 2? Image111

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 25 Nov 2018 - 13:28

@Kurrono Do not worry, K. Given Conn's history of "slow retirement", I will not be too surprised if this patch pops up as an early Xmas present.
*lol, I think this will not happen. The reason is that there are no remastered tracks out there, so this patch would be a complete waste of time, if a pcm set cannot be made.
Conn
Conn

Star Fox 2? Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Sun 25 Nov 2018 - 13:30

I feel the same for unholy night heheh Wink...some ppl need to make some music for SNES games ...it's true Conn..
kurrono
kurrono

Star Fox 2? Image111

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Fri 30 Nov 2018 - 18:53

kurrono wrote:So Polar u saying u can hack. A game now? I want to see that Razz (Conn)

lol, one day you will Kurrono Smile
Polargames
Polargames

Star Fox 2? Image112

Back to top Go down