Streets Of Rage 2 (MD+)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Streets Of Rage 2 (MD+) - Page 2 Empty Streets Of Rage 2 (MD+)

- Patches -

Use MD+ for MegaSD, Mega Everdrive Pro & Genesis Plus GX
Use MSU-MD for MiSTer & X Series Everdrive w/ physical Sega CD unit

MD+ Patch v2 (by infinest)    [Patch Backup Link]

MSU-MD Patch (by infinest & converted for MSU-MD by Krikzz)

-  Audio Packs  -

MD+ Streets of Rage Remake OST (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/li4HARSY#_L99IfPMxzoeRIY7SZZHNqZlsh-19mXnkxDcla0ccMU

MD+ Maestro Draven Expanded & Enhanced OST (by lucienne):
Code:
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AN1WNCqNoht7K7g&id=7F7FC1BA5F67B79C%21534179&cid=7F7FC1BA5F67B79C

Hulk Hogan (by TwinFami)   -   (From the original HH patch by Metal64 & jin315) (Alternate link updated Jan 31, 2021)

TMNT Of Rage (Turtles In Time SPC) WAV, CUE & patch pack (by Sho)   -   (From the original patch by eskayelle)

Video Previews:
TMNT Of Rage

Last edited by Relikk on Fri 31 Mar 2023 - 12:45; edited 17 times in total
Relikk
Relikk

Streets Of Rage 2 (MD+) - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Streets Of Rage 2 (MD+) :: Comments

Relikk

Post Mon 28 Dec 2020 - 4:56 by Relikk

Before I add the link to the original post, can I just enquire about the source of the music files? Who is the original author etc. if there is one? Just need to give it a reference so people know what they're downloading.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 28 Dec 2020 - 10:15 by eskayelle

They're actually just rips from various TMNT games (Turtles in Time, Hyperstone Heist, etc ), plus some from SoR2, plus a couple from Street Fighter 2 or other games.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 31 Dec 2020 - 17:01 by QuintanaSonBlade

Hello, happy new year everyone!
I'm really excited to be able to run this on my Wii, but I use the patch and can't get it to work. What would be the correct steps to do it? do you have to rename the patched rom?
Any help will be appreciated. Blue3

Forget to say, my Wii is working with the latest nightly version of the retroarch the genesis plus gx kernel, compiled today

I kept investigating and I was able to make it work, thank you very much for these great contributions! Razz (Conn)

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 1 Jan 2021 - 1:16 by eskayelle

Happy New Year! The .dol core won't work with an MD+ patch; it has to be the MSU-MD patch applied to either Streets of Rage 2 or TMNT of Rage (not the Re-Shelled MD+ file). Be sure to have a Sega CD bios sitting in the Retroarch system folder, and make sure you point to that file in Genesis GX Plus. Further, the .bin and .cue files should likely be named the same.

Fair warning: The emulator may crash upon exit and throw open the exception handler. Also, the MSU-MD patch breaks the SOR2 ending; it causes the game to softlock after beating Stage 8 and entering initials.

Good luck, and happy gaming!

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 2 Jan 2021 - 17:58 by QuintanaSonBlade

eskayelle wrote:Happy New Year!  The .dol core won't work with an MD+ patch; it has to be the MSU-MD patch applied to either Streets of Rage 2 or TMNT of Rage (not the Re-Shelled MD+ file).  Be sure to have a Sega CD bios sitting in the Retroarch system folder, and make sure you point to that file in Genesis GX Plus.  Further, the .bin and .cue files should likely be named the same.

Fair warning: The emulator may crash upon exit and throw open the exception handler.  Also, the MSU-MD patch breaks the SOR2 ending; it causes the game to softlock after beating Stage 8 and entering initials.

Good luck, and happy gaming!

Hello, thank you very much for the answer, everything worked correctly although I ran the game from the Genesis Plus GX application and not from Retroarch, since the latest versions of it are not usually very stable

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 4 Jan 2021 - 8:39 by znation

Hello good Morning.
First of all thanks so much for the patches and tutorials, I'm playing Street Of Rage 2 on Retroarch (pc) and it sounds great.
I wanted to ask you if anyone knows of any unofficial builds of the core Genesis Plus GX for android with Msu + support.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 4 Jan 2021 - 10:03 by Relikk

No idea, to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 4 Jan 2021 - 11:39 by thegreatzubari

zaphro72 wrote:Is the Hulk Hogan soundtrack files available anywhere now?

I second this
Is there a way i can find it?

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 6 Jan 2021 - 18:52 by TwinFami

GOT IT WORKING ON MISTER! Only problem is, it seems as if it freezes up near the end of the second level. I'd be glad to send it to someone to have a look at it. I did the same steps that Retroplay used but used the MSU-MD patch instead.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 17 Jan 2021 - 4:45 by Romps

thegreatzubari wrote:

I second this

I Still have the orig download of the hulk patch and soundtrack if i can be of help

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 20 Jan 2021 - 6:31 by Relikk

The patch is still on Romhacking, so no need on that front, but the audio could do with being re-hosted if you want to do that.

Back to top Go down

Keelhaul

Post Fri 22 Jan 2021 - 18:56 by Keelhaul

Hi,

Where can I get the soundtrack files? I have SoRR v5, which has OGG files (I think), each track consisting of an intro and a main loop file. Can I just convert those to WAV, and where can I get a cuesheet?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 22 Jan 2021 - 18:58 by Relikk

There's a link in the main post for the Remake soundtrack.

Back to top Go down

Keelhaul

Post Fri 22 Jan 2021 - 19:01 by Keelhaul

Relikk wrote:There's a link in the main post for the Remake soundtrack.

Oops, sorry. Doh

I only checked here:
https://www.zeldix.net/f76-beat-em-up

and assumed it's been removed...

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 30 Jan 2021 - 21:43 by pleiades7bluestars

I can’t get this to work for TMNT of rage for retroarch. The Genesis GX plus core works with the other games but not this one. Noticed that there is a MSU_MD patch but no .bin to go with it- which is how I get these to work on retroarch. Any way to get a .bin file for the music for that game?

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 30 Jan 2021 - 22:22 by eskayelle

The .ips is meant to be patched to the original SoR2 rom; it contains the hooks for the MSU-MD music, plus the TMNT of Rage gameplay. The .cue and music (effectively, the "bin") are located here: https://mega.nz/file/nQUQmDyZ#ZDitZnim370h8_tAMnoIVQvQnHehPAOyi6wYDajnwfI

Additional instructions are here: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/genesis/patches/5169readme.txt

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 31 Jan 2021 - 4:55 by thegreatzubari

Romps wrote:
thegreatzubari wrote:

I second this

I Still have the orig download of the hulk patch and soundtrack if i can be of help

I talked to the guy who made the soundtrack, he said he was gonna reupload but he never got to me. I'd appreciate it If you could reupload for us!

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 31 Jan 2021 - 19:16 by pev

thegreatzubari wrote:I talked to the guy who made the soundtrack, he said he was gonna reupload but he never got to me. I'd appreciate it If you could reupload for us!
I happen to have a copy and updated the link. Not sure how long it will last. Lately, the copyright trolls have been hitting us hard. Please ensure to clear your browser cache and reload this page prior to any re-download attempts.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 31 Jan 2021 - 19:49 by thegreatzubari

pepillopev wrote:I happen to have a copy and updated the link. Not sure how long it will last. Lately, the copyright trolls have been hitting us hard. Please ensure to clear your browser cache and reload this page prior to any re-download attempts.
Thank you so much!
Downloaded!
Gonna have fun with this one definitely(Hulkamania runs wild in this household!)

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 11:08 by thegreatzubari

pepillopev wrote:I happen to have a copy and updated the link. Not sure how long it will last. Lately, the copyright trolls have been hitting us hard. Please ensure to clear your browser cache and reload this page prior to any re-download attempts.
I am sorry if this is a dumb question.
I tried to run this on the EverdrivePro
I tried patching it with the MSU-MD patch, fixing the checksum but it would still show the red screen.
Could anyone help me out?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 14:16 by pev

thegreatzubari wrote:I tried patching it with the MSU-MD patch, fixing the checksum but it would still show the red screen.
Could anyone help me out?
#1 Apply hulk patch to clean ROM.
#2 Apply msu-md patch to hulk ROM.
#3 Fix the checksum.

This worked on my MegaSD flashcart (albeit, additional steps for me to get MSU-MD working). For you, it is straight forward. I omitted my previous posts to avoid any unnecessary confusion.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 14:54 by thegreatzubari

pepillopev wrote:This worked on my MegaSD flashcart (albeit, additional steps for me to get MSU-MD working). For you, it is straight forward. I omitted my previous posts to avoid any unnecessary confusion.
I tried this, i fixed the checksum and everything but it would still flash red on the mega everdrive pro
Does the rom have to be bin? Which specific checksum fixer did u use?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 15:04 by pev

thegreatzubari wrote:I tried this, i fixed the checksum and everything but it would still flash red on the mega everdrive pro...Which specific checksum fixer did u use?
I use fixheadr.exe, which ArcadeTV suggested. You just drag the finished patch onto it and the checksum will be fixed. Link below...
https://github.com/sonicretro/s1disasm/blob/master/fixheadr.exe
thegreatzubari wrote:...Does the rom have to be bin?...
I used a ROM with a SMD extension. Ensure that the clean, base ROM has a CRC of E01FA526. Are you sure the correct ROM is being used, by any chance?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 15:49 by thegreatzubari

pepillopev wrote:I use fixheadr.exe, which ArcadeTV suggested. You just drag the finished patch onto it and the checksum will be fixed. Link below...
https://github.com/sonicretro/s1disasm/blob/master/fixheadr.exe
I tried it with this checksum fixer and it worked! However, the game froze during the second stage.
I read something that there's a problem like that

UPDATE:
Yes, It seems the issue is breaking through a stage with a weapon

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 16:29 by pev

thegreatzubari wrote:...Yes, It seems the issue is breaking through a stage with a weapon
Hmm, that is unfortunate. Does this bug occur on the normal Hulk patched ROM as well?

I really not believe that the MSU-MD patch is interfering with the Hulk one. As you can see below. Both patches are 100% compatible with each other using the LSA Patch Checker. See below...

Streets Of Rage 2 (MD+) - Page 2 Image_11

If this indeed is happening with the hulk patch alone, you might one to contact Metal64 over at https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3381/

If the bug is happening with the stand alone Krikkz MSU-MD patch, then you will need to post over at https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=6nu3sq7na406jallnia64885r5&board=10.0

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next