Adventures of Mana / Seiken Densetsu I / Final Fantasy Adventure|Mystic Quest [Super GameBoy]

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Adventures of Mana / Seiken Densetsu I / Final Fantasy Adventure|Mystic Quest [Super GameBoy] - Page 2 Empty Adventures of Mana / Seiken Densetsu I / Final Fantasy Adventure|Mystic Quest [Super GameBoy]

Patch by Conn, qwertymodo (v6: mystic quest fixed):

Code:
https://mega.nz/file/8rwVBKZJ#iI2kza-Z2aj0sJB6_g3obOtqK3jwd7V8ktNmkXHCTg4
v2: Noise fixed
v3: Mystic quest fixed
v4: Track 21 non-loop)
v5: sd2snes

Adventures of Mana PCM set by PepilloPev:
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/oggyur3ih2uspflqy42nghihe37450uq

Sword of Mana PCM set by JUD6MENT
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/UqRlVQ5S#9CG4gHc4KN1T9Tu3uXmScVHSmh1I-GL-1mTUeXaqbYk

Track Map
Special Thanks to Mathew Valente for remastering the Life Lost theme!

Notes:
This is for Super Gameboy. Follow the description in the readme how to set things up!

Last edited by Conn on Tue 9 Aug 2022 - 3:20; edited 22 times in total
Conn
Conn

Adventures of Mana / Seiken Densetsu I / Final Fantasy Adventure|Mystic Quest [Super GameBoy] - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Adventures of Mana / Seiken Densetsu I / Final Fantasy Adventure|Mystic Quest [Super GameBoy] :: Comments

Relikk

Post Wed 13 May 2020 - 10:55 by Relikk

An Everdrive GB, combined with the SGB.

https://krikzz.com/store/home/46-everdrive-gb.html

I have both (EDGB and SGB2), but I've honestly never tried as I'd be under the impression that it's not possible on real hardware. I'll gladly give it a try if you want me to.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 13 May 2020 - 11:12 by Conn

That indeed sounds interesting and awesome. Didn't expect anything like this possible Blue1

If sgb and MSU work on everdrive I'd see no reason why it shouldn't work Smile

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 13 May 2020 - 11:15 by Relikk

Upon inspection of the patch archive, seeing as there's a BIOS patch file that's needed, it's not going to work.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 13 May 2020 - 11:34 by Conn

There might be a revision release by qwerrymodo, with a patch that only needs to apply on the gb rom. The code the bios needs will be submitted via data transfer during boot. I'm not sure when qwerty will release this for ffa (he was stuck trying to submit the border screen in wide-screen). I'll discord him

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 19 Jun 2020 - 7:09 by Conn

Jud6Ment just released a Sword of Mana pcm set (GBA, see first post). Also he noticed that the ending theme 21 should not loop, so I had to revision the patch to v4 and also Pev's set changed to no-loop this track.

If you are into this game, please redownload everything again Wink

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 10 Jul 2020 - 8:02 by Conn

I madea complete revision of the patch:
- no more required to patch the bios
- sd2snes works!
-frame is there.

Download v5 from first post and remind that the name changed from ffa_bios-x.pcm into ffa_msu1-x.pcm

Both pcm sets have been updated with this new name convention as well

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 13 Jul 2020 - 6:27 by Conn

Though I do not directly support higan anymore, if somebody who is interested, here's how I managed to set it up (higan 1.06):

It's a bit difficult, you must import the supergameboy2 rom and the gameboy rom. (I get an error message sgb.boot.rom not found, though it is there )

So once both are imported go into
\Emulation\Super Famicom\Super Game Boy 2 (Japan).sfc
- Copy the manifest.bml from below attachement inside
- copy an empty ffa_msu1.msu inside
- rename program.rom into ffa_msu1.sfc (or take a fresh Super Game Boy 2 (Japan).sfc bios and rename it)
- copy all pcm files into this folder (ffa_msu1-x.pcm)
- copy sgb2.boot.rom in this folder (goolge for it)
Your game boy rom is in
\Emulation\Game Boy
Once you load the ffa_msu1.sfc bios you are prompted to load this rom
Attachments
Adventures of Mana / Seiken Densetsu I / Final Fantasy Adventure|Mystic Quest [Super GameBoy] - Page 2 Attachment
manifest.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Wed 15 Jul 2020 - 5:18 by gyaragax

Would it be possible to just get a patch for the SGB border, without MSU? I tried just loading it without pcms, but it doesn't seem to fallback to the original tracks. I like the original music, just want to have the pretty frame.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 15 Jul 2020 - 6:22 by Conn

lol... you do realize that our aim is to provide a msu1 patch and the frame is only an i-dot Wink

Here you go:

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Wed 15 Jul 2020 - 6:36 by gyaragax

Yes, of course. I could see myself making a pcm pack for this, just want to optionally play it with the SGB border and original music. Sorry, I don't see a link.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 15 Jul 2020 - 8:45 by Tsolo

Excuse me, is there any way to obtain the patch in .ips format? I'm trying to patch the spanish version, but with the .bps format, isn't possible.

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 15 Jul 2020 - 11:26 by Conn

Uh there is no official Spanish version as far I know. What do you use, is there a translation patch?

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 15 Jul 2020 - 13:30 by Tsolo

Yes. Here is the .ips patch. http://sites.google.com/site/lukas613/Mysquest1.0.zip
Also, there are some roms already patched with another translation. But are full roms, no .ips patches. If you want, I can post you the inks too.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 15 Jul 2020 - 14:22 by Conn

OK
@gyaragax:
Sorry, I removed it. Wanted to remove the messgae, because it bugged a lot Sad Here you go, it was more effort than you think but I managed (attached). However when you die there is a sound bug until you reach the intro again. There is nothing I can do to solve it (since the sgb reboots. I am happy that it doesn't crash anymore)

@Tsolo: You can first patch ffa (US) with ffa_us_msu1.bps, then apply the spanish ips upon it. It works. However the title screen is messed up. I do not know which rom is intented to be the original rom (since it not in bps format).
Attachments
Adventures of Mana / Seiken Densetsu I / Final Fantasy Adventure|Mystic Quest [Super GameBoy] - Page 2 Attachment
frame_only.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(8 Kb) Downloaded 6 times

Last edited by Conn on Wed 15 Jul 2020 - 18:26; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 15 Jul 2020 - 15:05 by Conn

Here I found it:

Download
https://mega.nz/file/1jwiECja#XBVF96KEBjIzLJw_1_cGXUb4dw3QDZdRlkyhlVSMBXM

You find a patch called mq_eur_msu1.bps inside.
Apply this on Mystic Quest(Europe).gb (google it). This is the correct version for Lukas' patch

Then apply the spanish translation upon Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 15 Jul 2020 - 15:53 by Tsolo

Works great!. Thank you very much!

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 15 Jul 2020 - 17:46 by Conn

I noticed that some bytes not used by US version are overwritten in the Mystic Quest version, so I updated to v6:
https://mega.nz/file/8rwVBKZJ#iI2kza-Z2aj0sJB6_g3obOtqK3jwd7V8ktNmkXHCTg4

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Wed 15 Jul 2020 - 20:59 by gyaragax

Much appreciated @Conn. Thank you for your work.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 17 Jul 2020 - 18:21 by BillyJo

thanks for the great work !

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Conn

Post Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 15:40 by Conn

It should, do you have a sd2snes?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 17:41 by Conn

Then... why don't you test it yourself instead of "asking the oracle" Wink
We do not usually know such stuff, and need to test it - in this case - for you.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next