Covid-19

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Covid-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Covid-19

Post by Polargames Thu 15 Oct 2020 - 0:09

antromhacker2 wrote:This year fucking sucks thats for sure! what a way to start a new decade...

100% agree with you on it. Not only to start a new decade, but I think it will be the theme for this lifetime and/or next.

Last edited by Polargames on Thu 15 Oct 2020 - 0:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Polargames
Polargames

Covid-19 - Page 2 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Colines Thu 15 Oct 2020 - 11:11

To be fair, the next decade starts only in 21 Laughing

Also, the vaccine for flu was created 70 years ago, and it just protects for about 60-70% of the people who take it.

For a virus to be said extinguished, 90% of the citizens in a city must be inoculated so it naturally disappears.

So... I suppose we should be grateful that the virus haven't mutated into a even more virulent form, and that it isn't as prone to mutate as influenza Crying or Very sad
Colines
Colines

Covid-19 - Page 2 Image111

Since : 2015-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Fri 16 Oct 2020 - 0:27

Colines wrote:To be fair, the next decade starts only in 21 Laughing

Also, the vaccine for flu was created 70 years ago, and it just protects for about 60-70% of the people who take it.

For a virus to be said extinguished, 90% of the citizens in a city must be inoculated so it naturally disappears.

So... I suppose we should be grateful that the virus haven't mutated into a even more virulent form, and that it isn't as prone to mutate as influenza Crying or Very sad

Ok, small technicality:) Laughing my bad. Yes very true on the flu vaccine, I honestly would love for Covid-19 to have that ball park number as well. It would be a lot more tolerable with that. I really do not think that a vaccine could be made with that effectiveness in a year or two.

While modern medicine has come a long way form 70 years ago I do not think we would be in maybe the 20% range for effectiveness. I could be wrong.

I agree with you on that for mutating. If it does I would hate to see what more harm it would cause. Crying or Very sad
Polargames
Polargames

Covid-19 - Page 2 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum