Editing the ending text

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Editing the ending text - Page 2 Empty Re: Editing the ending text

Post by Ray138 Wed 30 Jun 2021 - 22:55

I've changed it all to scrolling text & that works fine.
Thanks for all the help!
Ray138
Ray138

Editing the ending text - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2021-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 1 Jul 2021 - 12:07

Ray138 wrote:Here's what I have:

[Speed 02][Position 00][Window 02]Welcome, [Name]...[2]I am the Essence[3]of the Triforce.[Waitkey][Speed 02][1]The Triforce will grant the[2]wishes in the heart and mind of[3]the person who touches it.[Waitkey][Speed 02][1]If a person with a good heart[2]touches it, it will make good[3]wishes come true...  If an[Waitkey][Scroll]evil-hearted person touches[Scroll]it, it grants evil wishes.[Waitkey][Speed 02][1]The stronger the wish, the[2]more powerful the Triforce's[3]expression of that wish.[Waitkey][Speed 02][1]Ganon's wish was to conquer[2]the world. That changed the[3]Golden Land to the Dark World.[Waitkey][Speed 02][1]Ganon was building up his[2]power here so he could conquer[3]the Light World and make his[Waitkey][Scroll]wish come completely true.[Waitkey][Speed 02][1]But now, you have totally[2]destroyed Ganon.  His Dark[3]World will vanish.[Waitkey][Speed 02][1]The Triforce is waiting for a[2]new owner.  Its Golden Power is[3]in your hands[Waitkey][Speed 02][1]Now, touch it with[2]a wish in your heart.[3]....
Nice however you made some mistakes.
Speed is defined only once. And also 1, 2, 3 is defined only once. Then you need to use the Scroll commands. You can try your version and you'll see what bugs happen. So basically the regular text is, 1, 2, 3 for the first 3 lines. Then comes the combo: Waikey+Scroll...Scroll...Scroll...Waitkey+Scroll and so on. If a period is somewhere and you need the text to rather wait early, Waikey can be set earlier, like Waikey+Scroll...Scroll...Waikey+Scroll and then normally on: Scroll...Scroll...Waitkey+Scroll. Thus Waikey+Scroll can be anywhere.

Fixed it for you (also tested in-game):
[Speed 02][Position 00][Window 02]Welcome, [Name]...[2]I am the Essence[3]of the Triforce.[Waitkey][Scroll]The Triforce will grant the[Scroll]wishes in the heart and mind of[Scroll]the person who touches it.[Waitkey][Scroll]If a person with a good heart[Scroll]touches it, it will make good[Scroll]wishes come true... If an[Waitkey][Scroll]evil-hearted person touches[Scroll]it, it grants evil wishes.[Waitkey][Scroll]The stronger the wish, the[Scroll]more powerful the Triforce's[Scroll]expression of that wish.[Waitkey][Scroll]Ganon's wish was to conquer[Scroll]the world. That changed the[Scroll]Golden Land to the Dark World.[Waitkey][Scroll]Ganon was building up his[Scroll]power here so he could conquer[Scroll]the Light World and make his[Waitkey][Scroll]wish come completely true.[Waitkey][Scroll]But now, you have totally[Scroll]destroyed Ganon. His Dark[Scroll]World will vanish.[Waitkey][Scroll]The Triforce is waiting for a[Scroll]new owner. Its Golden Power is[Scroll]in your hands.[Waitkey][Scroll]Now, touch it with[Scroll]a wish in your heart.

PS:
I see you already fixed it to scroll. You can compare your solution to mine and see what is the same and what is different.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray138 Thu 1 Jul 2021 - 18:59

Thanks for all your help!
Here's my version of the Triforce dialog. A few changes so that you don't have to press the Waitkey only to get one more word or line. It all  fits in nice, neat 3 line text blocks. Also, no male qualifiers to obtaining the Triforce.

[Speed 02][Position 00][Window 02]Welcome, [Name]...[2]I am the Essence[3]of the Triforce.[Waitkey][Scroll]The Triforce will grant the[Scroll]wishes in the heart and mind of[Scroll]the one who touches it.[Waitkey][Scroll]If a person with a good heart[Scroll]touches it, their good[Scroll]wishes will come true...[Waitkey][Scroll]If an evil-hearted person[Scroll]touches it, it will grant[Scroll]their evil wishes.[Waitkey][Scroll]The stronger the wish, the[Scroll]more powerful the Triforce's[Scroll]expression of that wish.[Waitkey][Scroll]Ganon's wish was to conquer[Scroll]the world. That changed the[Scroll]Golden Land to the Dark World.[Waitkey][Scroll]Ganon was building up his[Scroll]power here so he could conquer[Scroll]the Light World as well.[Waitkey][Scroll]But now that you have[Scroll]totally destroyed Ganon,[Scroll]the Dark World will vanish.[Waitkey][Scroll]The Triforce is waiting for a[Scroll]new owner. Its Golden Power is[Scroll]in your hands...[Waitkey][Scroll]Now, touch it with[Scroll]a wish in your heart.[Scroll]....
Ray138
Ray138

Since : 2021-03-23

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2