Super Mario World MSU-1 patch not working on 2 player mode.

Go down

Super Mario World MSU-1 patch not working on 2 player mode. Empty Super Mario World MSU-1 patch not working on 2 player mode.

Post by MiniComputer Sun 22 Jan 2023 - 12:20

I just now noticed the super mario world msu-1 patch is not working when I do 2 player mode.
Like luigi's own track list doesn't play but instead does the theme for mario only.
Everything else is functioning as is.
Would there be a new update for the patch by chance to fix that ?
MiniComputer
MiniComputer
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2017-11-04

Back to top Go down

Super Mario World MSU-1 patch not working on 2 player mode. Empty Re: Super Mario World MSU-1 patch not working on 2 player mode.

Post by Polargames Sun 22 Jan 2023 - 20:01

In response to your query, it's possible that the 2 player patch and msu-1 won't work together. It would take new coding to make the problem go away. Although I think you are the first user to report this issue, it might not be addressed because it doesn't seriously affect how the game functions. Send a message to the creator of the two-player hack and ask if they can modify it to function with the msu patch. I thank you for addressing us to this problem, and I hope this helps you out. 😃
Polargames
Polargames

Super Mario World MSU-1 patch not working on 2 player mode. Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Super Mario World MSU-1 patch not working on 2 player mode. Empty Re: Super Mario World MSU-1 patch not working on 2 player mode.

Post by Cubear Mon 23 Jan 2023 - 0:25

Which MSU1 patch are you using? From your description it sounds like Super Mario World MSU+

What platform are you playing on? 
If on real hardware, which flash cart?
Cubear
Cubear

Super Mario World MSU-1 patch not working on 2 player mode. Image211

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniComputer Mon 23 Jan 2023 - 2:01

Actually this patch is from conn's msu-1, I think its pretty dated as well since I have had it since late of 2016.
Before it used to work when I first started out with it.
I didn't bother to check it again since life caught up with me.
Over the weekend I decided to do 2 player mode to make sure it works and sure enough it does not.

Also I am not using a 2 player patch as that causes other issues with my hack, graphics wise. :/

This is the rom I am using, (Super Mario World USA.sfc).
I got this before emuparadise closed down shop a few years ago

I am play testing my hack on pc first, then I transfer it over to my fxpakpro on my super famicom to make sure it functions on real hardware as well.

This is msu-1 patch v1.5 I am using currently:

(Super Mario World MSU-1 v1.5 beta patch
(snes9x v1.56 and higher only)

Original Patch created by Conn.

Important note: this patch works only on SMW not-headered US A version (dunno whether other languages are compatible as well. If you do not know what a header is, check http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=17597.0
There are several programs to remove a header. If you open a headered rom in a hex editor you notice that the first $200 bytes are almost all 00.

LEVEL:
 smw_msu1-1.pcm 01 - Piano
 smw_msu1-2.pcm 02 - Here we go!
 smw_msu1-3.pcm 03 - Water Level
 smw_msu1-4.pcm 04 - Fight Bowser 1
 smw_msu1-5.pcm 05 - Boss Battle
 smw_msu1-6.pcm 06 - Cave Drums
 smw_msu1-7.pcm 07 - Ghost House
 smw_msu1-8.pcm 08 - Castle
 smw_msu1-9.pcm 09 - Mario Died (SFX)
 smw_msu1-10.pcm 0A - Game Over (SFX)
 smw_msu1-11.pcm 0B - Passed Boss (SFX)
 smw_msu1-12.pcm 0C - Passed Level (SFX)
 smw_msu1-13.pcm 0D - Have Star
 smw_msu1-14.pcm 0E - Direct Coins
 smw_msu1-15.pcm 0F - Into Keyhole (SFX)
 smw_msu1-16.pcm 10 - Into Keyhole (SFX)
 smw_msu1-17.pcm 11 - Zoom In (SFX)
 smw_msu1-18.pcm 12 - Switch Palace
 smw_msu1-19.pcm 13 - Welcome! (SFX)
 smw_msu1-20.pcm 14 - Done Bonus Game (SFX)
 smw_msu1-21.pcm 15 - Rescue Egg (SFX)
 smw_msu1-22.pcm 16 - Fight Bowser 2
 smw_msu1-23.pcm 17 - Bowser Zoom Out (SFX)
 smw_msu1-24.pcm 18 - Bowser Zoom In (SFX)
 smw_msu1-25.pcm 19 - Fight Bowser 3
 smw_msu1-26.pcm 1A - Fight Bowser 4
 smw_msu1-27.pcm 1B - Bowser Died (SFX)
 smw_msu1-28.pcm 1C - Princess Kiss ^^ (SFX)
 smw_msu1-29.pcm 1D - Bowser Interlude (SFX)

OVERWORLD:
 smw_msu1-30.pcm 1e - ow1 Title Screen
 smw_msu1-31.pcm 1F - ow2 Donut plains
 smw_msu1-32.pcm 20 - ow3 Yoshi's Island
 smw_msu1-33.pcm 21 - ow4 Vanilla dome
 smw_msu1-34.pcm 22 - ow5 Star Road
 smw_msu1-35.pcm 23 - ow6 Forest of Illusion
 smw_msu1-36.pcm 24 - ow7 Valley of Bowser
 smw_msu1-37.pcm 25 - ow8 opening to bowser valley emerges
 smw_msu1-38.pcm 26 - ow9 Special

ENDING:
 smw_msu1-39.pcm 27 - ending1 credits
 smw_msu1-40.pcm 28 - ending2 Yoshi's house
 smw_msu1-41.pcm 29 - ending3 monster names)
MiniComputer
MiniComputer
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Mon 23 Jan 2023 - 2:56

Mario World MSU-1, Mario World MSU-1+, and Mario World MSU-1 Plus Ultra are all three different patches with slight differences. You need to use the right one with the right pcm set to accomplish what you desire.

What you are doing is using the original mario world msu-1 patched rom with a pcm set from SMW+. The original SMW msu-1, intended for no voice lines, does not look for a different pcm when playing for Luigi, meaning Mario and Luigi will both use the same pcm (hence why Luigi sounds like Mario).

The solution is very simple, get a fresh new rom and patch it with smw+ patch. Here is a link below to the page.

https://www.zeldix.net/t1437-super-mario-world-msu

Just to describe our 3 different patches.

SMW MSU-1, plays the pcm with no additional changes or voices.

SMW+, Mario and Luigi voices added. A few level map areas have new music.

SMW Plus Ultra, a patch/pcm set that Cubear and I designed together recently. It has Mario and Luigi voices, a few level map areas new music, and all 78 levels have a different song load from a different music artist. I would highly recommend that one.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Super Mario World MSU-1 patch not working on 2 player mode. Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniComputer Mon 23 Jan 2023 - 13:02

JUD6MENT wrote:
SMW Plus Ultra, a patch/pcm set that Cubear and I designed together recently. It has Mario and Luigi voices, a few level map areas new music, and all 78 levels have a different song load from a different music artist. I would highly recommend that one.

Yeah I think I will go with this, just to be clear.
Can I use this patch on my current msu-1 hack or do I need to start with a new rom ?
I hate to look up and find the newer msu-1 ultra patch ruined my hack with no back up. Ohmygod
*put much effort to fixing that damn game for the past 3 years* Confused
MiniComputer
MiniComputer
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Mon 23 Jan 2023 - 18:55

MiniComputer wrote:
JUD6MENT wrote:

Yeah I think I will go with this, just to be clear.
Can I use this patch on my current msu-1 hack or do I need to start with a new rom ?
I hate to look up and find the newer msu-1 ultra patch ruined my hack with no back up. Ohmygod
*put much effort to fixing that damn game for the past 3 years* Confused

All 3 of these patches need to be seperate. It is best to treat them all as their own mus-1 game and pcm set. Mixing pcm sets with different patches is going to cause small issues with the patch not lining up right with the pcm set, such as luigi having mario voice lines.

Here a quick link to the plus ultra patch. I have a pretty good preview video too

https://www.zeldix.net/t2535-super-mario-world-msu-1-plus-ultra-130-tracks-total
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniComputer Tue 24 Jan 2023 - 1:03

JUD6MENT wrote:
All 3 of these patches need to be seperate. It is best to treat them all as their own mus-1 game and pcm set. Mixing pcm sets with different patches is going to cause small issues with the patch not lining up right with the pcm set, such as luigi having mario voice lines.

Here a quick link to the plus ultra patch. I have a pretty good preview video too

https://www.zeldix.net/t2535-super-mario-world-msu-1-plus-ultra-130-tracks-total

If what you say is indeed true, then the current patch you offered is completely useless to me.
I'll give the pcm track list a look once it's done downloading and see what is and what is not possible for me.
You probably are not aware of it by now, but I did my own pcm sound track for my game.
MiniComputer
MiniComputer
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Tue 24 Jan 2023 - 2:21

So you're using Conn's patch, and MSU1 is not playing properly for player2?

for a clean rom to patch a new version, i'm sure there is some sort of archive .. org.. anization out there that would have something that you could use.

i've also heard tales of a "vimm" who does remarkable preservation work.

If your patched file is truly from 2016, it isn't the most recent version even of Conn's work and you should patch something new.  Please use flips or even the online rom patcher to work on a new unheadered rom.  If you still have this issue afterwards I'll do what I can to assist you.
Cubear
Cubear

Super Mario World MSU-1 patch not working on 2 player mode. Image211

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniComputer Fri 27 Jan 2023 - 10:40

JUD6MENT wrote:Mario World MSU-1, Mario World MSU-1+, and Mario World MSU-1 Plus Ultra are all three different patches with slight differences. You need to use the right one with the right pcm set to accomplish what you desire.

What you are doing is using the original mario world msu-1 patched rom with a pcm set from SMW+. The original SMW msu-1, intended for no voice lines, does not look for a different pcm when playing for Luigi, meaning Mario and Luigi will both use the same pcm (hence why Luigi sounds like Mario).

The solution is very simple, get a fresh new rom and patch it with smw+ patch. Here is a link below to the page.

Right... so smw msu1 plus ultimate patch I downloaded 2 days ago.
1. It has an ips patch and a bps patch, do I need to apply both to a brand new rom or... ?

2. I tried the ips patch and that did nothing but play the original smw spc music.

3. Also I am really not sure if you aware that Fusoya's current LM 3.33 adds 200kb header to the rom.
Removing the header just completely wrecks the rom itself.

https://www.zeldix.net/t1437-super-mario-world-msu

Just to describe our 3 different patches.

SMW MSU-1, plays the pcm with no additional changes or voices.

SMW+, Mario and Luigi voices added. A few level map areas have new music.

SMW Plus Ultra, a patch/pcm set that Cubear and I designed together recently. It has Mario and Luigi voices, a few level map areas new music, and all 78 levels have a different song load from a different music artist. I would highly recommend that one.[/quote]
MiniComputer
MiniComputer
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Sat 28 Jan 2023 - 12:24

Here is a good tutorial to patch msu-1
https://youtu.be/wmt4ddljCPQ

If you are having trouble, it might be what you are naming your rom and music files. That is almost always the big mistake.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniComputer Sun 29 Jan 2023 - 9:19

I will just go without using the smw msu-1 ultra patch you suggested.

Plus I will just settle with the mario's related pcm files playing instead of mario and luigi 2 player mode.

I truly don't know what is wrong with it, but it still fails to play the pcm files when being play tested with snes9x or bsnes current version.

I'll stick with con's msu-1 patch for my project.
Thank you.
MiniComputer
MiniComputer
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down