F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

V11 test results:

F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 2 I_vote10100%F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 2 I_vote11 100% 
[ 2 ]
F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 2 I_vote100%F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 2 I_vote11 0% 
[ 0 ]
F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 2 I_vote100%F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 2 I_vote11 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

2 posters

Poll closed

F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 2 Empty Re: F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports

Post by Cubear Thu 14 Mar 2024 - 0:09

Wiggle_Otter wrote:Alright, after spending some time with V10, I was only able to find one bug, and its a new one. I tried triggering any of the previous ones, like missing or double music, messed up menu music, and all of them seem to be solved this time around. The remaining bug is when doing Grand Prix, every time you complete a race, it plays the extra life sound effect, and if you actually got an extra life at the end, it plays it twice. Sometimes the sound effect cuts off prematurely, but there's not an obvious tell as to what causes that to happen. I did confirm this seems to happen no matter the league, and no matter what position you finish in.
well, that's a lot closer to being good... i'll check it out..
Cubear
Cubear

F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down

F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 2 Empty Re: F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports

Post by VVV18 Thu 14 Mar 2024 - 11:00

Cubear wrote:
Wiggle_Otter wrote:Alright, after spending some time with V10, I was only able to find one bug, and its a new one. I tried triggering any of the previous ones, like missing or double music, messed up menu music, and all of them seem to be solved this time around. The remaining bug is when doing Grand Prix, every time you complete a race, it plays the extra life sound effect, and if you actually got an extra life at the end, it plays it twice. Sometimes the sound effect cuts off prematurely, but there's not an obvious tell as to what causes that to happen. I did confirm this seems to happen no matter the league, and no matter what position you finish in.

Hello, I just tested it on my SD2SNES here too and, indeed, the "1UP jingle" is called every time at the end of a track, but not completely, just the beginning, first chord of the song;
another important thing; the game breaks after finishing BS Grand Prix 1, it is not possible to return to the menu, the screen freezes (black screen)
the CRC of my ROM is: CRC32 - 4773F674,
using SD2SNES revision F, but some SD2SNES menu hooks are turned on, I will test with everything turned off!!!

VVV18
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2019-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by VVV18 Thu 14 Mar 2024 - 11:21

VVV18 wrote:
Cubear wrote:

Hello, I just tested it on my SD2SNES here too and, indeed, the "1UP jingle" is called every time at the end of a track, but not completely, just the beginning, first chord of the song;
another important thing; the game breaks after finishing BS Grand Prix 1, it is not possible to return to the menu, the screen freezes (black screen)
the CRC of my ROM is: CRC32 - 4773F674,
using SD2SNES revision F, but some SD2SNES menu hooks are turned on, I will test with everything turned off!!!

I just tested here with everything turned off and it's the same thing, 1UP music continues to play after the end of any tracks, also after passing BS Grand Prix 1 the game freezes, Master difficulty!!!

VVV18
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Back to top Go down

Post by VVV18 Thu 14 Mar 2024 - 11:23

Conn wrote:would be nice if we get some feedback from the sd2snes testers who reported buzzes (with video please) Wink

@Conn so far I haven't found any buzzing, great!!!

VVV18
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Fri 15 Mar 2024 - 19:05

Conn and I collaborated on a v11, and I think it's the best yet.

Attached to this post and reset the poll results
Attachments
F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 2 Attachment
fzeroDX_V11.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(4 Kb) Downloaded 5 times
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiggle_Otter Fri 15 Mar 2024 - 20:46

I tested V11 a bit, and made sure to do the BS-1 League on Master to make sure it didn't crash, which it didn't. The one thing I'm finding is a slight audio dropout when starting a Grand Prix race. I can't reproduce the behavior in practice mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDjE9fK9kb8

Here is what I mean. It's just a slight blip, but it does happen consistently on every course I tested, even if the course did not use a replacement music track.
Wiggle_Otter
Wiggle_Otter
Bee
Bee

Since : 2024-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Fri 15 Mar 2024 - 21:45

i think that's minor enough to let pass at this point.

Conn + I had to develop an entirely new type of mute to restore the SFX to normal during gameplay, a minor cutout of what i think is AI car engine noise is a small price to pay.
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 15 Mar 2024 - 21:50

Yes, cubear and I had a hard time behind the scenes to get it to the point where it is right now. So we cannot make it absolutely perfect. I think I hear what you mean but (I try desperately avoiding the word nitpicking but I can't).... sorry Embarassed  if you find anything real buggy like crashing, sound distortions like that you find on the lap crossing I definitely will work again on it, but here I must say: back into retirement Very Happy
Conn
Conn

F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by VVV18 Fri 15 Mar 2024 - 23:24

Here in Brazil it's 00:18 and I'll be leaving in a little while, I'll be leaving at 06:18, so I can't finish the tests but anyway: I passed all five normal worlds, Knight League, King League, Queen League, BS-1 League, BS-2 League, I didn't find anything strange, everything works as it should (at least here for me) I played with all the SD2SNES hooks disabled, everything in the same menu disabled; Tomorrow or Sunday I will be finishing the tests, I will play the other tracks, after pressing (L-R) and I will finish the feedback here for you; I played on MASTER difficulty and with Samurai Goroh from the first version (pink car, the first one)
otherwise: thank you very much, @Jud6ment, @Cubear, @Conn, more than fantastic work!!!

VVV18
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Fri 15 Mar 2024 - 23:29

Thank you VVV18 + Wiggle_Otter for your prompt and comprehensive testing. I think we'll update our recommended patch to V11 in a day or so if no other bugs are reported.
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by VVV18 Sat 16 Mar 2024 - 23:54

I just finished the rest of the game and I couldn't notice anything unusual in SD2SNES, I finished with Samurai Goroh (first edition) playing in MASTER on all circuits, both side A and side B after pressing L+R, I also saved a ghost for testing and everything seems to be ok too; I'll go back to playing again with a little less fatigue and I'll do all the worlds again, anyway: for now it looks like we have a 99% perfect PATCH, sincerely I thank you very much, thank you very much guys!!! Aohhhhhhh, I haven't tested anything in practice mode, except the ghost, if anyone wants to do it, here's a tip!!!

VVV18
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 5:26

I think we are good now and project closed. I updated both f-zero original and deluxe with v11 patch as standard
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 18:58

Conn wrote:I think we are good now and project closed. I updated both f-zero original and deluxe with v11 patch as standard

what a journey, great work Conn and Cubear. And thank you very much as I love this game.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 19:28

Thanks J Smile
It took 11 versions... Lol. Cubear and I team up perfectly. So with this and probably Mario Yoshi drums achieved as far I can get it, I can go back into retirement.
Maybe I'll work on that Mario again together with cubear and you, since bszelda had to be synced also 100% and I have gathered some experience
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 20:06

it shouldn't be too difficult to remove the tempo adjustment from low timer on the bongos, removing the SPC pause on game pause might be the only way to keep the bongos synchronized properly through pausing the game though
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 18 Mar 2024 - 3:53

pausing shouldn't be too difficult. I also noticed the bongo's fade sometimes but dunno whether this is a problem.

In any case the sync sound needs to be turned on:

F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 2 Image131
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by InvincibleStriker Mon 18 Mar 2024 - 11:55

Hi, I wanted to try out the mod but no matter how correctly I do it, the music NEVER works right. It all just stays vanilla (only working ones are Forest 1 and 3). What do I do with it?

InvincibleStriker
Rope
Rope

Since : 2024-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Mon 18 Mar 2024 - 13:01

first, make sure you're on v11. that's either the most recent attachment in this thread, or the one from our dedicated thread found here:
https://www.zeldix.net/t2768-bs-f-zero-deluxe-msu-1

once you've got that done, you're going to need a PCM pack, so your folder is going to look like
fzero_msu1.sfc
fzero_msu1.msu
fzero_msu1-5.pcm
fzero_msu1-6.pcm
and so forth.

and so on.  each level will attempt to call multiple PCMs in a determined order, if the PCMs set for a level are missing, it will play default snes audio.
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by InvincibleStriker Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 13:45

Wait so, basically I just need to add in more pcm files from 5 to then fill it with the existing files that I download? Is that where you getting at?

InvincibleStriker
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 18:20

the example is just a quick and dirty explanation. extract your PCM pack into the same folder as everything else and things will work as intended by the author of that pack.

some packs rely on SPC fallback for the original release's courses, and just do new songs for the new tracks found in Deluxe.
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by InvincibleStriker Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 17:23

Okay I have ZERO idea what did all this mean. Can you elaborate more properly on whats what? All this is just techno nonsense to me. No offense

InvincibleStriker
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 18:09

In any particular game, the game says "play a song"

The song that plays has a number attached.

MSU1 patches intercept this number and play PCM audio instead of the regular SNES audio.

If there is NO PCM number with the number requested by the game, the game plays its normal music in most patches.

Some music packs take advantage of this, like only having new music for new courses. This is left to the discretion of the person making the music packs.
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by InvincibleStriker Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 18:12

And what exactly do I do? I created the .pcm files from 5 to the rest but they didn't do anything

InvincibleStriker
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 18:20

patch the rom.
put the patched rom into a folder, along with the files from the music pack.
they all need to have a similar filename.
so your rom will be
f-zero_msu1.sfc
there needs to be a
f-zero_msu1.msu
in the folder as well.

then you put your PCMs from the downloaded PCM pack into this folder as well, and then play it on supported hardware or in a supported emulator.
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by InvincibleStriker Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 18:28

But didn't I do that already? Patched it, put it inside, got the .msu and renamed all tracks to what was seemingly fitting numbers. Yet no result

InvincibleStriker
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next