F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

V11 test results:

F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 3 I_vote10100%F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 3 I_vote11 100% 
[ 2 ]
F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 3 I_vote100%F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 3 I_vote11 0% 
[ 0 ]
F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 3 I_vote100%F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 3 I_vote11 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

2 posters

Poll closed

F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 3 Empty Re: F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports

Post by Cubear Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 18:42

InvincibleStriker wrote:But didn't I do that already? Patched it, put it inside, got the .msu and renamed all tracks to what was seemingly fitting numbers. Yet no result

sorry, i don't know how to help you. please try watching this youtube video made by @JUD6MENT

Cubear
Cubear

F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down

F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 3 Empty Re: F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 0:13

Some common mistakes are

1) sd2snes require an extra step to make work but i have never looked into that as i do not own one, but we have a forum talking all about.
2) you might be using an outdated emulator or an emulator that does not support. Try the most recent snes9x
3) the header to the rom was not removed
4) things need to be named correctly and in the same folder together, and you also need a .msu file. It probably isnt this one because it has been mentioned already to check for this
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 0:22

InvincibleStriker wrote:Hi, I wanted to try out the mod but no matter how correctly I do it, the music NEVER works right. It all just stays vanilla (only working ones are Forest 1 and 3). What do I do with it?

Which pcm set are you using? Some of the pcm sets are trying to go for a snes soundfount, so the tracks do play the original soundtrack and it is only using new music for the new stages. Some of our pcm sets will do a complete change of music for all stages. If you are having new stages like forest play correctly but not old stages, it may be the pcm set you are using is designed that way.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 4:10

please provide a screenshot of your folder, most often some stuff is named wrong or msu file missing like Jud6Ment already said.
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by InvincibleStriker Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 8:32

F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 3 Issue210
F-Zero Deluxe Poll bug reports - Page 3 Issue10
This is how I did it

InvincibleStriker
Rope
Rope

Since : 2024-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by InvincibleStriker Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 13:22

JUD6MENT wrote:
InvincibleStriker wrote:Hi, I wanted to try out the mod but no matter how correctly I do it, the music NEVER works right. It all just stays vanilla (only working ones are Forest 1 and 3). What do I do with it?

Which pcm set are you using? Some of the pcm sets are trying to go for a snes soundfount, so the tracks do play the original soundtrack and it is only using new music for the new stages. Some of our pcm sets will do a complete change of music for all stages. If you are having new stages like forest play correctly but not old stages, it may be the pcm set you are using is designed that way.
I am trying the BlurCafe album. And its just won't function right, I'm not sure if theres something I'm doing wrong or its just some unknown error, it just won't play the music properly.

InvincibleStriker
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 17:37

It looks alright, only possible explanation I have is that you didn't apply the IPS files on the ROM?
The problem should be something stupid overseen at your end, since you are the only one experiencing the problems...
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by InvincibleStriker Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 17:56

Conn wrote:It looks alright, only possible explanation I have is that you didn't apply the IPS files on the ROM?
The problem should be something stupid overseen at your end, since you are the only one experiencing the problems...
didn'r apply the IPS files on the ROM? Wdym?

InvincibleStriker
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 23:28

InvincibleStriker wrote:
Conn wrote:It looks alright, only possible explanation I have is that you didn't apply the IPS files on the ROM?
didn'r apply the IPS files on the ROM? Wdym?

did you patch the rom? The .ips file is the patch that you combine with the original rom.

Here is an example (with timestamp exactly where you need to start watching)
https://youtu.be/mZCci2s6I9E?feature=shared&t=195

One last thing, some emulators will not play a MSU-1 patch, which emulator are you using?
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by InvincibleStriker Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 9:13

Wait, Flips? Never heard that I needed this application for that, no one like ever said that. Also I tested both SNES9x and BSNES and both share issues

InvincibleStriker
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 9:19

InvincibleStriker wrote:Wait, Flips? Never heard that I needed this application for that, no one like ever said that. Also I tested both SNES9x and BSNES and both share issues

Ok, well now you know what to do, watch my 5 minute tutorial video that i and Cubear have sent you and follow it.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by InvincibleStriker Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 16:30

JUD6MENT wrote:
InvincibleStriker wrote:Wait, Flips? Never heard that I needed this application for that, no one like ever said that. Also I tested both SNES9x and BSNES and both share issues

Ok, well now you know what to do, watch my 5 minute tutorial video that i and Cubear have sent you and follow it.
wait so... how exactly does it go? What I was doing was patch the game twice with the mod and MSU patch. Make a bunch of .pcm files counting from five then add the ones that are in the album. Was I missing anything. Like idk what exacty did miss out, the tutorial doesn't provide me why. And flips works weird, I tried to find the msu file but I cant find it. Also where did the OTHER msu file came from?

InvincibleStriker
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3