The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets - Page 2 Empty The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets

Current Version (0.55):
Code:
https://halext.org/files/oos/oos55.ips

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Secrets is a spiritual successor to the Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons for the Nintendo GameBoy. It's a complete overhaul of a Link to the Past replacing all the dungeons and overworld as well as a brand new story. The game features several new items and mechanics with contributions from Conn, Euclid, SePH and more.

Screenshots:
4b0371e589.pnga985146387.png
08304f00fd.png4446164936.png

Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf6rldhDz4s - Goldstar Demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYlb3lAWeS4 - Hurricane Spin and Nimbus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im2p4jXoucc - Fairy Flippers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DmO8B-r5IA - Fairy Flippers 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btl_KwI6V9E - Progress and Intermission

Last edited by Floki on Sat 24 Apr 2021 - 5:52; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated for 2020 to look more official)
scawful
scawful

The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2013-07-04

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets :: Comments

scawful

Post Fri 1 May 2015 - 1:03 by scawful

I'll be publishing the demo through my personal website http://halext.org/ and it'll be an IPS which you can apply to the ((US)?) rom and it should work fine in most emulators.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 2 May 2015 - 8:04 by Conn

one day we must not Forget to apply the updated complete items patch so that your Rom also Features fasrom and some bugfixes, L2 flute and such.

Back to top Go down

scawful

Post Sat 2 May 2015 - 11:14 by scawful

Conn wrote:one day we must not Forget to apply the updated complete items patch so that your Rom also Features fasrom and some bugfixes, L2 flute and such.

This is very important, I've noticed that I need a few fixes for those type of things, and also my book of secrets X+R trick is broken so that needs to be fixed.

As for a spanish translation, it would be cool but it's nowhere on the top of my list of priorities right now. Gotta finish the rom hack first.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 2 May 2015 - 11:41 by Conn

I think the complete items as well as the all-in are pretty much debugged - the last bugs occured were with fastrom, that e.g., you slay against a pot/bush you'll carry it. But this is also fixed.

Dunno, you can send me your last Rom and I'll apply this. Also I can check your X+R -, but since I did not code that I Need to know the source code, was it the lens of truth?

Back to top Go down

scawful

Post Sat 2 May 2015 - 12:14 by scawful

I applied the patch and I have things like the LV2 flute and what not, but you should probably go over it again and make sure its all good

And yes, it is the lens of truth source code applied to the book of mudora item

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 2 May 2015 - 19:36 by Conn

yes, send the Rom maybe to xaserLE then, as he made the hack... it's possible that some of my code overwrites his, so readdressing is maybe necessary

Back to top Go down

scawful

Post Wed 13 May 2015 - 0:47 by scawful

Okay so the demo IS coming along but not as quickly as I'd hoped. While I could get the hack out in a few days there'd be some confusing stuff and I'm trying to make the demo as user friendly as possible.

So I'm wondering, should I have a sort of half-private beta of the demo if you really want to try the game and give feedback (with specific instructions) or should I just finish the fully playable demo that'll just take a bit longer to finish (end of month maybe?)

Back to top Go down

SunGodPortal

Post Wed 13 May 2015 - 0:59 by SunGodPortal

Never rush a game. Learn from Castlevania 64. Take your time. Get it right the first time so you don't feel obligated to then make Legacy of Darkness. LOL

That's my two cents.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Wed 13 May 2015 - 6:16 by Puzzledude

moegami wrote:Okay so the demo IS coming along but not as quickly as I'd hoped. While I could get the hack out in a few days there'd be some confusing stuff and I'm trying to make the demo as user friendly as possible.

So I'm wondering, should I have a sort of half-private beta of the demo if you really want to try the game and give feedback (with specific instructions) or should I just finish the fully playable demo that'll just take a bit longer to finish (end of month maybe?)
The end of the month or the beginning of the next month is still fast.

Back to top Go down

scawful

Post Wed 13 May 2015 - 10:24 by scawful

That's true, I just promised you guys a projected date and wanted to keep you updated. With finals next week I'm super busy right now which is why I can't do A LOT of work. I also have a job now (my first one Very Happy) which takes up a lot of time as well. I'm so close to having this demo ready though it makes me so excited

Back to top Go down

SunGodPortal

Post Sun 7 Jun 2015 - 1:55 by SunGodPortal

Writing one line of dialogue can take a good 10-15 minutes to make sure it doesn't glitch out.

I don't know what method you use, but here's what I do.

I have two copies of HM open, one with the hack I'm working on and another with a test ROM.

1) pick a piece of dialogue from your hack to edit (I say this because in my case I'm editing the existing dialogue from BCvsG) and copy/paste it into slot #31 in the monologue editor in your test ROM

2) edit your dialogue and then save (in your test ROM)

3) load your test ROM in ZSNES, fast forward to the title (I use a real SNES controller and have the fast forward mapped to the L button for convenience) and press A or whatever, start a new game, if you put your new dialogue in the right spot it will be the first piece of dialogue you see in the game (when link is in bed) and is a very quick way of testing

4) if there are any issues, repeat steps 2 and 3, if there are no problems copy/paste the finished dialogue into the correct spot in your hack's monologue

That's the quickest way I know of since you can't use save states for this.

Back to top Go down

scawful

Post Sun 7 Jun 2015 - 2:23 by scawful

That's actually not a bad idea, I've had plenty of times that I legitimately fought aghanim just to get to his dialogue because if you used save states it would just f*** up or not load at all. I'm going to try this.

Back to top Go down

SunGodPortal

Post Sun 7 Jun 2015 - 3:07 by SunGodPortal

Yeah when I first started doing this I made the mistake of playing through things the first time. Testing took way too long. I had a new idea and told KGP, he misunderstood what I was saying and accidentally came up with this method when he repeated what he thought was my idea back to me. LOL

Once you save your change you can test it in a matter of seconds using this method.

Back to top Go down

scawful

Post Sun 7 Jun 2015 - 3:29 by scawful

I kind of wish I had the organized dialogue like SePH had back in the early parallel universes day. Each dialogue had whatever it actually was written in its spot and it was great because I didn't have to go looking around for the original shit.

Someone should make the hex insertion of a dialogue with everything labeled.

Back to top Go down

SunGodPortal

Post Sun 7 Jun 2015 - 3:34 by SunGodPortal

Someone should make the hex insertion of a dialogue with everything labeled.

Add that to a list ten miles long. Smile

Back to top Go down

scawful

Post Wed 9 Sep 2015 - 11:24 by scawful

Hey everybody! Sorry we've been so in the dark. The demo is coming this Friday!!!! All the dungeons are practically complete, the dialogue is all finished up, gameplay is solid, you can play up to the end of the third dungeon and it's gonna be a grand ol time.

As soon as this is released I'll start taking feedback and workin on it as well as progressing in the later dungeons

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Wed 9 Sep 2015 - 17:40 by Puzzledude

Great news. Now you probably see how I was struggling when testing Goddess of Wisdom, before it was playable without bugs.

Back to top Go down

scawful

Post Sat 12 Sep 2015 - 0:58 by scawful

I have the demo ready right now, I just want to lock up the rom before I release it to everyone. As soon as I get someone on the forum to help me with that I'll have it up!

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Sat 12 Sep 2015 - 5:07 by Puzzledude

moegami wrote:I have the demo ready right now, I just want to lock up the rom before I release it to everyone. As soon as I get someone on the forum to help me with that I'll have it up!
I can do this for you. Just tell me what kind of protection you need. Suitable is Exlorom (since this is a demo, and will probably stay in the "emulator" zone). If someone wishes to play it on other systems like real hardware etc, you will have to entrust the regular Lorom to them personally. Otherwise the protected rom is normally playable in Snes9x and Zsnes (even gameboy DS emu if I recall) and all derivates of Snes9x.

Last edited by Puzzledude on Sun 13 Sep 2015 - 5:30; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

scawful

Post Sun 13 Sep 2015 - 1:24 by scawful

Exlorom sounds fine then, should I email it to you?

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Sun 13 Sep 2015 - 5:34 by Puzzledude

Yes, that's the fastest way (I think you already have the email address from the previous bug fix issue). I'll then resent the edited file back. Also note: the conversion might have a minor effect on indoor doors (usually on 0.5%). In the Conker demo the conversion to Exlorom affected one single door (it became a small key door instead of normal door) and the correction is made in hex (one byte only). But that's why the beta testers are there to help us out.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Sun 13 Sep 2015 - 13:33 by Puzzledude

seriousdog wrote:IPS send me to my demo so they can help moegami.
seriousdog1984@gmail.com
I don't think this will happen, since the game, when finished, will probably be released on the site for everyone to download. Also, since the patch will be a comparison between 1MB original and hacked 8MB, will probably need UPS or xdelta, rather than IPS. And a topic with bug reports and feedback can be made.

Back to top Go down

scawful

Post Sun 13 Sep 2015 - 16:08 by scawful

I emailed you puzzledude, as soon as I have the patch I'll make a new thread for the demo. Bug reports and feedback on the game will be done there Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Sun 13 Sep 2015 - 16:59 by Puzzledude

Ok. Will do the conversion of the rom and also the UPS patch for it and I will also make a zip with all files needed, like the patcher and the appropriate/recomended emus, since your Lorom is 4MB, which means by default 8MB for Exlorom instead of 6.

I believe tomorrow at the same time everyone will already be playing the game.Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 14 Sep 2015 - 8:54 by Conn

I only hope you have updated my all-in related fixes Woot!!

There were recently issues with the timer found by Schicksal88 and also the icerod:
https://www.zeldix.net/t219p180-patch-update

I'm also curious for your beta to see whether all my code is debugged successfully now Smile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next