MSU1 Patch wishlist

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 11 Empty Re: MSU1 Patch wishlist

Post by darthvaderx Fri 27 Sep 2019 - 16:31

Since the FFIV and FFVI hacks were released, why not FFV to close the trilogy? (I won't even waste my time mentioning FF Mystic Quest. Razz )

darthvaderx

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 11 Image110

Since : 2017-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 28 Sep 2019 - 4:01

If you find a qualified asm hacker to do that, why not Razz But you experience with ff4 now the mysery rpg bring, so I am out Very Happy

Correction: FF4 might be released but at the current state recommended to not be played until we are through with our revision Wink

Problem with these suggested rpg:s are the round based fighting that I personally cannot stand. It's a shame that Final Fantasy adventure (seiken densetsu 1) only was released on Gameboy and the remake (Sword of mana) only on GBA Sad
This one I had loved to msu1 if available on snes.
Conn
Conn

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 11 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 28 Sep 2019 - 18:55

Problem with these suggested rpg:s are the round based fighting that I personally cannot stand.

I personally never really liked these turn based fighting games. To me its like just pressing the fight button over and over until you win.

But I will say that sometimes I can tolerate them.

Also when I do play one of these turn based RPG's I usually only play the best of the best and then that's it.

Like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 3 (USA).
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 11 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sat 28 Sep 2019 - 19:49

I not the best at rpgs and I think they take to much time to beat. I understand that a lot of people love them and that's sweet, but for me I would prefer almost any other game, even a lame golf game. lol

Whats wrong with FF4?
Polargames
Polargames

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 11 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by darthvaderx Sat 28 Sep 2019 - 20:06

Polargames wrote:Whats wrong with FF4?

Tons of bugs (missing songs and effects, unnecessary loopings, changed themes etc), Conn and I are fixing everything, we're almost halfway through the game.

If I knew a little about ASM I would take care of FFV myself. Sob

darthvaderx

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sat 28 Sep 2019 - 22:32

darthvaderx wrote:
Polargames wrote:Whats wrong with FF4?

Tons of bugs (missing songs and effects, unnecessary loopings, changed themes etc), Conn and I are fixing everything, we're almost halfway through the game.

If I knew a little about ASM I would take care of FFV myself. Sob

Wow, that's a lot of headaches lol. I give you and Conn kudos on this for sure.  Halfway threw, about how long is the game? I never really played it.

On the ASM, Is FFV a favorite game of yours?
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by darthvaderx Sat 28 Sep 2019 - 22:49

Polargames wrote:Halfway threw, about how long is the game? I never really played it.

I am practically halfway through the game and the timer is showing 6 hours and 38 minutes. (But of course I'm using cheats to rush the game.)

About FFV you can bet, 5 years after its release (1997) I finished it without even knowing a word in Japanese, interestingly a year later the RPGe translation appeared.
Finally it's my favorite soundtrack of the whole FF series.

darthvaderx

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sun 29 Sep 2019 - 16:34

darthvaderx wrote:
Polargames wrote:Halfway threw, about how long is the game? I never really played it.

I am practically halfway through the game and the timer is showing 6 hours and 38 minutes. (But of course I'm using cheats to rush the game.)

About FFV you can bet, 5 years after its release (1997) I finished it without even knowing a word in Japanese, interestingly a year later the RPGe translation appeared.
Finally it's my favorite soundtrack of the whole FF series.

Wow, 6 hours and 38 minutes and that's rushing the game. Confused Man I hate to play that without cheats lol. So with out cheats would it be fair to say its a 12+ hour game? I am guessing of course.

Man, Many Kudos to you on beating the game without knowing Japanese, I for one would be so lost. How did you do it?

On the translation for that game, its always happens when you beat a game right. lol. I had that happen many times myself, its usually in the form of a game update after many hours of dealing with leggy levels.

Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by darthvaderx Sun 29 Sep 2019 - 17:05

Polargames wrote:Man, Many Kudos to you on beating the game without knowing Japanese, I for one would be so lost. How did you do it?

- Memorization of the meaning of certain words.
- Talk to everyone (even without understanding anything) or use an item until something happens.
- Level the characters up to the maximum.

But what also helped was the fact that FFV has the same FFIII (VI) structure that I had already played, the only difference was the job system. By the way I did the same thing with Seiken Densetsu III and FFVII, the latter didn't want to wait for the western version and I imported from Japan, I managed to get to Sephiroth but I didn't win because I wasn't strong enough (I didn't understand the Chocobos creation that gave you the upgrades).

darthvaderx

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sun 29 Sep 2019 - 21:42

darthvaderx wrote:
Polargames wrote:Man, Many Kudos to you on beating the game without knowing Japanese, I for one would be so lost. How did you do it?

- Memorization of the meaning of certain words.
- Talk to everyone (even without understanding anything) or use an item until something happens.
- Level the characters up to the maximum.

But what also helped was the fact that FFV has the same FFIII (VI) structure that I had already played, the only difference was the job system. By the way I did the same thing with Seiken Densetsu III and FFVII, the latter didn't want to wait for the western version and I imported from Japan, I managed to get to Sephiroth but I didn't win because I wasn't strong enough (I didn't understand the Chocobos creation that gave you the upgrades).

Nice, I would of never thought of that at all, beside getting the characters to the max level.But I would more then likely quit and moved onto another game at that point.

That's really cool that both games have the same structure. Really neat tidbit to know. Chocobos upgrading system? What is that? I never played FFVII so I am lost on that.
Also how does one import a game from japan? I always wanted to do that, but I have no clue how.
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Mon 30 Sep 2019 - 21:18

Hi, I know this might be off topic, but would the game Desert Strike be a game that could be msu'ed. If not that's fine.
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by D2DEZEL Mon 21 Oct 2019 - 7:32

hello, nothing complicated, just put the French translation patch on the rom that you can find by searching a little on the internet and then put the patch msu-1. I try to do that with all my msu-1 games. I can help you if you can not do it
D2DEZEL
D2DEZEL
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2018-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by D2DEZEL Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 2:30

The French patch was updated on October 11th of this year. How do you want to proceed for the files? I can not put any link with roms on this forum
D2DEZEL
D2DEZEL
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 3:50

I can not put any link with roms on this forum
Like I always use to say, we admins/mods cannot control pm:s or emails Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by D2DEZEL Wed 23 Oct 2019 - 17:22

here are some French games Very Happy

EDIT: Link removed. No linking to ROMs, please. Do it in private if you have to. - Relikk
D2DEZEL
D2DEZEL
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 24 Oct 2019 - 4:07

@ D2DEZEL
Our rules regarding roms are quite strict. Big N can close our site and may give a high penalty, please respect this.

However, I'd be glad if you can provide the patches so the whole community has an advantage here
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Retroplay Fri 25 Oct 2019 - 15:03

If anybody is up for giving the japanese Ninja Warriors Again the MSU treatment, I've upped some WAVs here:
https://mega.nz/#!utVRRSxQ!hlgtguDHRUpQYxD9-ghLxvC-VxU6MFpB-tLKyH14npo
Retroplay
Retroplay

Since : 2019-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by D2DEZEL Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 8:14

@ Conn
yes I know that big N does not like it. yes I can. is it possible to merge two patch? if not I will put the link or take the patches:

https://traf.romhack.org/?p=patchs&cid=18

I have a service to ask you for Yoshi Island if it is possible to have the patch msu-1 pal?
D2DEZEL
D2DEZEL
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 9:27

Yes, you can merge it with the msu patch,
- Take the US rom with header or without (whatever the translation patch requires)
- apply the translation patch
- remove header
- apply msu patch
- create the merged patch between original and msu+translation rom (ensure the original rom has no header as well)

If you send me the merged patches of all desired roms, I will put them into the patch files of the msu.

I have a service to ask you for Yoshi Island if it is possible to have the patch msu-1 pal?
Unfortunately not, and this will also not happen. This project was the hardest I ever accomplished and I will not touch it again Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by D2DEZEL Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 11:29

@ Conn
I will make them available with great pleasure. Can I do that with Lunar IPS? Yes I understand, I just read the comments on the page of Yoshi's Island, I think it will be easier to make a translation patch for the US rom that does not exist because the French version pal exists
D2DEZEL
D2DEZEL
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 13:46

Yes, just use lunar ips option create ips patch, between original and the merged msu translation rom (just be careful that both don't have a header).
With smw 2 you are probably right. Sometimes it is easier to make a translation of the ntsc rather than port the msu version to pal
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next