MSU1 Patch wishlist

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 15 Empty Re: MSU1 Patch wishlist

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 28 Jul 2022 - 20:42

Mr. Wubbzy wrote:Not much, but I'm pretty sure there's someone who can do remixes!

Maybe so, but to have someone make the patch and someone else make the remixes is a lot to hope for. Especially the remixes, i was just having a conversation about this with cubear how it can be frustrating when a msu-1 isnt possible due to not finding any good music for them. I am hoping to fix that problem by eventually learning the skill to make remixes myself eventually, if i ever find that time that is. I wish you luck but dont have your hopes too high.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 15 Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Thu 28 Jul 2022 - 20:57

I know I personally don't have much interest in working on games that there are no replacement tracks for. 

It's just too much effort for something that may not ever materialize.
Cubear
Cubear

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 15 Image211

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wubbzy Tue 2 Aug 2022 - 15:47

Well, how about a MSU-1 hack for the SNES version of Pac-In-Time. We can replace the music with the sound track of the Mac OS Classic version, or maybe the MS-DOS version.
Mr. Wubbzy
Mr. Wubbzy

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 15 Image110

Since : 2020-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 2 Aug 2022 - 18:15

Mr. Wubbzy wrote:Well, how about a MSU-1 hack for the SNES version of Pac-In-Time. We can replace the music with the sound track of the Mac OS Classic version, or maybe the MS-DOS version.
I noticed you are enthusiastic and have special wishes. Unfortunately most asm hackers are retired (pev and I), and cubear, who is more or less the only at this time developing msu patches is completely occupied with his challenges. Of course he only develops patches for games he is interested in.
I'd recommend you learn asm and help yourself to make your dreams become true Smile we asm hackers went through these challenges to learn this way of programming. If you manage, you will gain a lot of power Wink
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Tue 2 Aug 2022 - 18:47

Also, I'm always willing to help out with learning ASM and MSU1 hacking. If you want to do it, I will help you through it (but I won't do it all for you)

I do keep myself pretty busy, but I've been covering some really large games (RPGs are a pain, I should have listened to stay away from them)
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wubbzy Tue 2 Aug 2022 - 19:49

But I don't know how to code!
Mr. Wubbzy
Mr. Wubbzy

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 15 Image110

Since : 2020-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Tue 2 Aug 2022 - 20:04

lol, I didn't know until November 2021. It's something you can learn.
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by Raw64life Sun 14 Aug 2022 - 16:33

Raw64life wrote:
Polargames wrote:
Raw64life wrote:I recently discovered MSU1 and while I love it, I'm flabbergasted that there are no MSU1 hacks for any of the Dragon Quest games. There were 4 of them on the SNES, they're all fantastic games and they've all been fully translated. The games were among the very first video games to have the full OST performed by a real orchestra in the early 90's. If I didn't know any better I would have just assumed that the creation of MSU1 hacks was inspired by the DQ series, but apparently that doesn't seem to be the case.

Who do I have to pay to get these done? I'm only half joking here.

Dear Raw64life,

Hello my name is Polargames, feel free to call me Polar. To answer you post, RPG's of any kind are a pain to msu. They require a lot of work trying to find the right mute point. Even when one feels they have the perfect mute point, it can be not true. They also have a long list of bugs, that when it comes to play testing, can cause a lot of head ache. That is just on the coding side and play testing, when it comes to the pcm's they too are a pain because a lot of music has to be substituted and that takes a lot of time and work also. All the msu patches here are done in people's free time, so some games do get left out. While I understand that Dragons Quest is a great series that a lot off people enjoy, the amount of work required is way to much for just one person to do. As of now we have only one major msu person. So your request may or may not be done. If you are good at ASM code, your more then welcome to try to msu those games yourself Smile. For payment Zeldix cannot accept any kind. Its a violation of the site rules and code of conduct. I hope that my answer has help you out, and please feel free to try the games we have done. Thank you very much. Smile  

Thanks for the quick and shockingly formal response. I'll just keep praying I guess.

Cubear wrote:lol, I didn't know until November 2021. It's something you can learn.

Just wanted to thank Cubear for answering my prayers. You are doing the lord's work.

Raw64life
Newcomer

Since : 2020-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Sun 14 Aug 2022 - 16:59

Happy to be of service Smile  I have a beta patch together for DQ5 (and a track map done for DQ6 in secret...) and need somebody to handle PCM creation and likely a couple people to do playtesting.

I had considered doing DQ4 via project NESted (https://github.com/Myself086/Project-Nested)
but reports are that DQ4 has very poor compatibility still.

RPGs truly are a lot more work than other games, it takes weeks instead of days to work them out. maybe even more.
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by NESminiling0618 Fri 19 Aug 2022 - 12:24

My Wishlist :

- Magical Quest 2 : Great Circus Mystery starring Mickey and Minnie
- Magical Quest 3 : Mickey and Donald

NESminiling0618
Bee
Bee

Since : 2022-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 19 Aug 2022 - 21:40

NESminiling0618 wrote:My Wishlist :

- Magical Quest 2 : Great Circus Mystery starring Mickey and Minnie
- Magical Quest 3 : Mickey and Donald

If you can find remix/arranged music for the game it would greatly increase the odds of the project happening, especially if you are willing to convert the pcm music. Qwertymodo has a good tutorial on that, not too hard.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Sat 20 Aug 2022 - 19:49

The only other full sets i could find for those games were genesis (maybe) and gba (hell no)

not sure it's worth doing when one could just play the genesis game if you like the soundtrack more..
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by wanderer2991 Mon 13 Mar 2023 - 22:20

I would like to see MSU1 hacks of these if possible:
Nobunaga's Ambition(1 & lord of darkness)
Aerobiz Supersonic
PTO 1&2
Operation europe: path to victory
Genghis Khan 2(if anyone takes this up it has a sega/mega CD port & a PC-engine CD one too i think.)
Uncharted Waters 1
Romance of the 3 kingdoms 4(or any other one on the system)
SMT(2 & if)
D&D: eye of the beholder
Liberty or Death
Madou Monogatari - Hanamaru Daiyouchienji

Hi this is my first post on the forum.
wanderer2991
wanderer2991
Newcomer

Since : 2023-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Thu 14 Sep 2023 - 20:41

I've gone ahead and added every single unfulfilled request from this thread (i think) to the first post. I may at some point go through and bold the ones that actually have replacement soundtracks. maybe when i finally get a lazy afternoon Smile
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by grandosegood Sun 10 Mar 2024 - 4:30

grandosegood
Hardhat Beetle
Hardhat Beetle

Since : 2023-07-22