Zelda3 IQ test grand release

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Zelda3 IQ test grand release - Page 4 Empty Re: Zelda3 IQ test grand release

Post by leertaste1 Sat 17 Oct 2015 - 12:54

This hack was much longer, than I would have thought at first :p

Zelda3 IQ test grand release - Page 4 6lkGAfI

It is done, thank you for the great challenge

The block dungeon was the most difficult part for me for sure. There is one thing I want to say about the final dungeon however, which I'm sure you've heard from others as well:
Spoiler:

There is one thing I'm curious about, I think I might have missed a path and since the final dungeon was so long, I don't really want to and know how to get back to that part fast...
Spoiler:

Oh and another thing: I don't remember ever getting to the teleporter on the right in the very first room of the rabbit hole, where you take the zickzack path and end up at the teleporter on the left. Did I miss something there?

leertaste1
Bee
Bee

Since : 2015-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 17 Oct 2015 - 14:02

Before I forget, your messages in the Block Puzzle Dungeon were great as well as being motivating for to go on.
Nice, that you could find motivation in them.

It is done, thank you for the great challenge
Congratulations on solving the game. And playing obviosly. Note: not everyone is capable of solving this game.

Did the rooms with the invisible paths + Hammer-thingys really have to be?
I believe this to be the most unattractive part of the dungeon.

There is a point where the I remember the path splitting. You have a choice to jump to the left or right and then proceed via a bombable wall. I realized too late, that I couldn't go back and simply jumped left. Is my memory playing tricks or me or is there another path? If so, would it have been different?
There is only one path actually, the other path is a dead end.

Oh and another thing: I don't remember ever getting to the teleporter on the right in the very first room of the rabbit hole, where you take the zickzack path and end up at the teleporter on the left. Did I miss something there?
Nothing there. If you think about it, Alttp doesn't allow to warp to 2 different rooms from one single room. So it doesn't matter which warp you take. Since the right one would be a little more beneficial regarding the advancement in the next room, it was blocked.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Zelda3 IQ test grand release - Page 4 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by lidar Sat 17 Oct 2015 - 15:27

Thank you Puzzledude for your work. I just started the third (block) dungeon and I am enjoying this part of the game a lot.

I am using Linux and after your new release I got it up and running quite easily with Snes9x (current GTK3 development version in Github) and by using .zip extension. I also tried renaming moegami's Oracle of Secrets to .zip and got that running too, so I have lot of playing ahead of me. Good job!

lidar
Newcomer

Since : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 17 Oct 2015 - 16:50

lidar wrote:I am using Linux and after your new release I got it up and running quite easily with Snes9x (current GTK3 development version in Github) and by using .zip extension. I also tried renaming moegami's Oracle of Secrets to .zip and got that running too, so I have lot of playing ahead of me. Good job!
Yes, that's why I made a new release, since I didn't want to let the Linux and Mac users down, and the users who would prefer to play it on Wii. So I hope now the game is much more available. Also: I could obviously not test it on Linux, but it should be fine, since there is only one way you run/emulate SNES, no matter the device.

I hope the developers of flash carts and clone snes consoles will also realize to implement what Snes9x is emulating.

Regarding Oracle of secrets Demo - yes I forgot, this is actually mapped the same way, Lol. So, smart move you made there.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 20 Oct 2015 - 20:27

Here is my first lets play video.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Zelda3 IQ test grand release - Page 4 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 21 Oct 2015 - 5:52

Nice, Erock. Smile
That first part with patching is so totaly recomended to watch for all the guys on Romhacking, who apparently have problems with that. That's how you start and play the game.

Of course I also made an update, which allows you to play on various emus listed in the updated Readme. But this "old strategy" (which you are using in the video) works as well, as you can see.

Also: you started with the most difficult dungeon - interesting.

That "hidden" block is really not hidden. You pushed it to that position in 1:02:26 and probably forgot about it. It is logical though, that you can not have one space only to proceed up with this game design, you need at least two.

Regarding the beta. I made the beta testing myself, which maybe was a mistake, since it would be better to bring the beta out to everyone. But you know past decisions are in the past. All the small problems remaining will probably remain there indefinitely (similar like in PW and GoW, which also have remaining bugs still, despite released and finished).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 15:24

Actually if you want to make a game that cart makers can't reproduce easily. Here are some options.

1) Force your game to use the SA-1 chip

SMW already had this coded and there is no flash cart or any other way to put this on a cart other than destroying an existing game with SA-1 chip inside.

2) Force your game to use MSU1 music

If they put it on a cart it won't have any music. How lame is that. Not many people would like to play a game without music when otherwise they could.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Zelda3 IQ test grand release - Page 4 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 16:05

Not many people would like to play a game without music when otherwise they could.

Unless it has music like Persona 3 Razz
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by lidar Fri 23 Oct 2015 - 14:59

Puzzledude wrote:
Yes, that's why I made a new release, since I didn't want to let the Linux and Mac users down, and the users who would prefer to play it on Wii. So I hope now the game is much more available. Also: I could obviously not test it on Linux, but it should be fine, since there is only one way you run/emulate SNES, no matter the device.

Just finished the hack. Thank you for the challenge. I especially enjoyed the last two dungeons. No problems whatsoever with the Linux+GTK3 version of Snes9x.

I actually managed to do the both things Conn mentioned a couple of pages back: I arrived to Helmasaur room from the top through the pit dungeon and I also accidentally threw the goldstar to the pond (item selection dialog showed it as a blank square - fairy gave it back as normal bombs). Luckily it was a non-breaking bug, because I didn't need it anymore after that as I only had the final battle left.

Last edited by lidar on Fri 23 Oct 2015 - 14:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed wrong quotations)

lidar
Newcomer

Since : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 23 Oct 2015 - 15:06

Congratulations on solving the game. It is interesting how many players are capable of solving it, despite it being non conventional.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 23 Oct 2015 - 19:28

Congratulations lidar for the IQ of 130 Razz I didn't have so much, at least I had to ask Puzz 5 times in total ^^

Actually if you want to make a game that cart makers can't reproduce easily. Here are some options.

1) Force your game to use the SA-1 chip

SMW already had this coded and there is no flash cart or any other way to put this on a cart other than destroying an existing game with SA-1 chip inside.

2) Force your game to use MSU1 music

If they put it on a cart it won't have any music. How lame is that. Not many people would like to play a game without music when otherwise they could.

Any person with only a bit knowledge of ASM can surely reverse the changes which the cart-makers most probably possess. I know that "stealing" the intellectual property of other people and making profit through it is disgusting, but there's little we can do. In the end the snes era is dead and I think only few people will buy a cartridge in a time when they only have to spend little more money for buying a sd2snes.
If you want the best working protection think about PW: It's (almost?) impossible to get through the game without cheating and savestates Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Zelda3 IQ test grand release - Page 4 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by altoiddealer Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 0:52

Puzzledude wrote:
I see 2 water-trailing blocks and one normal.
Yes, that's it. You solve everything with these 3 blocks.

This is just a Hint, not the entire solution:
Spoiler:

I'm enjoying the hack so far, but I'm totally stuck on this very puzzle and your hint still just isn't making this click for me.

I think what you are saying is that the right water block needs to go all the way around the level, so it can be pushed down on the right fence... right? No matter how many times I try I just can't seem to find a way to make it around w/o getting stuck

altoiddealer
Leever
Leever

Since : 2015-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 2:15

I think what you are saying is that the right water block needs to go all the way around the level, so it can be pushed down on the right fence... right? No matter how many times I try I just can't seem to find a way to make it around w/o getting stuck
Yes, the block needs to go around and this is doable making standard double moves with the water block and then undoing the water with the regular block. Of course you need to be careful not to bring the block to close to the vertical wall.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by altoiddealer Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 9:23

Just found that one maneuver I kept missing Smile

These are some pretty incredible puzzles, very well done sir!

altoiddealer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 10:59

Hey Puzzle,

i''ll got gigabyte respect for you what you everythings do with a ALTTP rom it's hard and hard think work to make it good gaming i'm strungle with some rary things some what with header room errors Sad

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2015-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 12:43

altoiddealer wrote:Just found that one maneuver I kept missing Smile

These are some pretty incredible puzzles, very well done sir!
Thank you. Yes, I needed a long time to make them.

Arnachy69 wrote:Hey Puzzle,

i''ll got gigabyte respect for you what you everythings do with a ALTTP rom it's hard and hard think work to make it good gaming i'm strungle with some rary things some what with header room errors Sad
Nice, just to tell you, the IQ uses maximum room header possible for all rooms. So using this Exlorom hex-gluing method, you never have room header issues.

Last edited by Puzzledude on Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 12:46; edited 1 time in total
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 14:31

Hey Puzzle,

Is there real not an possibility to compare this rom
that i'm can inject to wad?

Your,Conn ,Seph and many other good rom hackers work deserves more respect that's why that i injected these roms to Wad Very Happy

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 15:29

Exlorom is incompatible with Wad. But you still can play the game on Wii using the Snes9x GX emulator (the result would be similar as playing on Wad, using Homebrew).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 15:46

Puzzledude wrote:Exlorom is incompatible with Wad. But you still can play the game on Wii using the Snes9x GX emulator (the result would be similar as playing on Wad, using Homebrew).

Yeah okay i leave it thx man i hef a look on it on the pc
and is very nice what i see this brand new game but Checksum Not seen in Hash.exe
when i patch the rom i'll patch it to .zip format .smc or .sfc don't work
i got a black screen if i start the game
or did i get wrong with Xdelta Gui
when i change the extentions from zip to .sfc or .smc the game won't work
and on my wii playing this great new game with the extension .zip
i'll don't thing its not gonna work
But great man what i see looks very good
but how long you are busy now? with game rom snes hacking a couple Years?

i'll got now the first 2 dungeons and the house of link ready for play
and it work fine for the first time a god a snes rom hack but i got lots to learn
and will now try to make an title menu screen but's very hard to do Sad
thx man

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by altoiddealer Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 17:04

*EDIT* NVM I think I just got it Smile

altoiddealer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 11 Nov 2015 - 5:18

when i change the extentions from zip to .sfc or .smc the game won't work and on my wii playing this great new game with the extension .zip i'll don't thing its not gonna work
All Snes9x emulators have zip support as far as I know.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 Wed 11 Nov 2015 - 5:53

Yeah you got right Puzzle it see.zip format but when i start your rom the snes9x gx say's unrecornized zip format Sad and don't start

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 11 Nov 2015 - 12:51

Arnachy69 wrote:Yeah you got right Puzzle it see.zip format but when i start your rom the snes9x gx say's unrecornized zip format Sad and don't start
In this case the game is not compatible with this emulator. Note: I wasn't able to test all emulators.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 Wed 11 Nov 2015 - 13:39

Puzzledude wrote:
Arnachy69 wrote:Yeah you got right Puzzle it see.zip format but when i start your rom the snes9x gx say's unrecornized zip format Sad and don't start
In this case the game is not compatible with this emulator. Note: I wasn't able to test all emulators.

Yepzzz Puzzle on normal pc emu's runs fine but on the wii
so do youre last zip rom oracle of seasons i'll gues that's an issue to for the wii

But when anybody help me with an other thing house moves

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by altoiddealer Tue 17 Nov 2015 - 15:18

I made it to the end... but where are the silver Blue2 Woot!! Razz arrows? Crying or Very sad

Does it have something to do with the room mentioning CALADIA?

altoiddealer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next