A Link to the Past - Master Quest v1.00 (Closed Beta)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Link to the Past - Master Quest v1.00 (Closed Beta) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Link to the Past - Master Quest v1.00 (Closed Beta)

Post by Jeimuzu Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 10:47

SunGodPortal wrote:As for editing them, isn't that what some of the overlays in HM are for? I've never edited them, but I assume that's what purpose they serve. I have no idea which ones go to what rooms though. I've never really paid that much attention to them in my editing experience.
You are correct.  I forgot about the overlays. Embarassed

I've never edited them before. I could make use of one holes tag that I removed from room 103.
Jeimuzu
Jeimuzu

A Link to the Past - Master Quest v1.00 (Closed Beta) - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2015-10-01

Back to top Go down

A Link to the Past - Master Quest v1.00 (Closed Beta) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Link to the Past - Master Quest v1.00 (Closed Beta)

Post by SunGodPortal Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 15:26

In the original you can not get in, if the holes are there. So you need to change the floor with the star to get to the big chest and then change the floor again to come out. Basically - you can not get trapped and are not required to use the mirror in the original (as far as I know); not sure how things are here.

He's got a button under a pot to trigger the wall explosion. When I stepped on it, not only did it blow the wall, it also made holes appear as if I had stepped on one of the star tiles. I believe that change is the culprit.

I wouldn't have fallen down the hole were I not trying to avoid one of those hands (wall master?). I guess even then I still wouldn't have made it out. The simplest fix I can see that doesn't ruin his design plan would be to add in something that the player can use to hookshot across the hole(s).
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeimuzu Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 16:49

SunGodPortal wrote:
In the original you can not get in, if the holes are there. So you need to change the floor with the star to get to the big chest and then change the floor again to come out. Basically - you can not get trapped and are not required to use the mirror in the original (as far as I know); not sure how things are here.

He's got a button under a pot to trigger the wall explosion. When I stepped on it, not only did it blow the wall, it also made holes appear as if I had stepped on one of the star tiles. I believe that change is the culprit.

I wouldn't have fallen down the hole were I not trying to avoid one of those hands (wall master?). I guess even then I still wouldn't have made it out. The simplest fix I can see that doesn't ruin his design plan would be to add in something that the player can use to hookshot across the hole(s).
Ah yes, I know what you're alluding to now.  This would be the culprit:
A Link to the Past - Master Quest v1.00 (Closed Beta) - Page 2 Room_p10
Presumably, there's no discernable difference between switches as far as the "Holes" tag is concerned.  I'm just glad it doesn't cause the game to crash unlike other tag combinations (i.e. switch opens door & kill enemies to open).  I would stick a block on the other side of the hole, but the hookshot can't reach it.
Jeimuzu
Jeimuzu

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 18:27

Presumably, there's no discernable difference between switches as far as the "Holes" tag is concerned.  I'm just glad it doesn't cause the game to crash unlike other tag combinations (i.e. switch opens door & kill enemies to open).  I would stick a block on the other side of the hole, but the hookshot can't reach it.

Here's an idea. Put something on the other side of one of the bottom holes (near the "X") that the hookshot can grab onto. That way you can get out. Another alternative might be to put another star tile near the chest. You wouldn't be able to reach it until the wall is gone so it wouldn't ruin the set up near the door.

A Link to the Past - Master Quest v1.00 (Closed Beta) - Page 2 Hookho10
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeimuzu Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 18:44

SunGodPortal wrote:Here's an idea. Put something on the other side of one of the bottom holes (near the "X") that the hookshot can grab onto. That way you can get out. Another alternative might be to put another star tile near the chest. You wouldn't be able to reach it until the wall is gone so it wouldn't ruin the set up near the door.
You can already get out by using the hookshot to grab the statues.
Jeimuzu
Jeimuzu

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 18:49

You can already get out by using the hookshot to grab the statues.

heh Guess I forgot you could grab them. Must not be my week. Ohmygod
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 13 Nov 2015 - 5:30

Looking at your picture above - you can never be where the chest is with this hole-setup. And even if you would somehow be there, you can hookshot out using the 2 statues. Not sure what caused your problem (since this is the same as in the original).

Regarding the room-header, all seems well there also, since you need the tag for blowing up the wall and the holes-tag to change those 2 holes blocking the path to the switch, by using the star tile in the right section of the global room (and this also is the same as in the original). So there should be no problems.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Fri 13 Nov 2015 - 15:24

Not sure what caused your problem (since this is the same as in the original).

It's because he changed the pull lever to a trap switch and instead used an under-pot switch to trigger the wall. Apparently the game can't tell the difference between a star tile and a switch (at least) with this set up. Because of that, it's like you are triggering a star tile when you shouldn't in a place where you normally have no access to it.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 13 Nov 2015 - 15:38

SunGodPortal wrote:
Not sure what caused your problem (since this is the same as in the original).

It's because he changed the pull lever to a trap switch and instead used an under-pot switch to trigger the wall. Apparently the game can't tell the difference between a star tile and a switch (at least) with this set up. Because of that, it's like you are triggering a star tile when you shouldn't in a place where you normally have no access to it.
Oh, yes, that changes things (I just saw the trap-switch-sprite in the picture), since the star tile is compatible with the under-pot switch if you are in a room, with the tag of changing holes with stars.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Fri 13 Nov 2015 - 16:01

Oh, yes, that changes things (I just saw the trap-switch-sprite in the picture), since the star tile is compatible with the under-pot switch if you are in a room, with the tag of changing holes with stars.

I'm curious and it seems relevant here...

How do you tell which holes belong to which rooms? I looked through the overlays and I wasn't convinced that, for example, "Holes (6)" corresponded to the 6th overlay in the editor.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 14 Nov 2015 - 5:43

It is all mixed, I believe SePH decoded this once. Don't remember, where this info is though.

All together I have to say this pit changing effect is very unstable and not recomended to use in a hack (of course this is not valid for the original, where everything works).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Stark Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 16:47

Hi there! Is there a version going to be released? I collect Zelda3 hacks and this would be awesome to have! Very Happy

Chris Stark
Rope
Rope

Since : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 18:19

I believe this is the most recent version of the game:
https://www.zeldix.net/t432-the-legend-of-zelda-link-to-the-past-master-quest-1

but do note: a lot of our shortcuts go to Romhacking.net, which seems to be down for some days now.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Stark Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 21:53

Yeah I noticed that. Hope the page comes up again... Thanks Dude!

Chris Stark
Rope
Rope

Since : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by nergalmcl Tue 17 Oct 2017 - 15:25

Hi there
I'm currently playing this rom hack because i love ALTTP.
I have some issue in Turtle Rock.

I just want to know if somebody finished the game?

Because it's necessary to hit the switch for the blue blocks who block the entrance to the right side.

rom: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/601/
nergalmcl
nergalmcl
Newcomer

Since : 2017-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 17 Oct 2017 - 17:24

I just want to know if somebody finished the game?
Yes, I have. It was version 0.8 back then, now it is 1.5.

Because it's necessary to hit the switch for the blue blocks who block the entrance to the right side.
I can already see your problem through Hyrule Magic in Turtle Rock and the solution is easy. The gameplay is changed, so you don't go right. In the main room you find the jar with the switch under it to open the door, then go to the right up door to get the key. Then back to main room, press the switch again and go to left upper door. Behind the blue peg there is a big chest, so this is later. Behind the other blue peg, there's a big key, but you get there with warping (there's also a pegswitch there). So this is how you lower the blue pegs.

It also seems when you get the big chest, you need to exit the dungeon to get the brown bumps down again.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by nergalmcl Tue 17 Oct 2017 - 20:55

Puzzledude wrote:
Spoiler:
I can already see your problem through Hyrule Magic in Turtle Rock and the solution is easy. The gameplay is changed, so you don't go right. In the main room you find the jar with the switch under it to open the door, then go to the right up door to get the key. Then back to main room, press the switch again and go to left upper door. Behind the blue peg there is a big chest, so this is later. Behind the other blue peg, there's a big key, but you get there with warping (there's also a pegswitch there). So this is how you lower the blue pegs.

It also seems when you get the big chest, you need to exit the dungeon to get the brown bumps down again.

Yep, those items are just what left for me.
The "warping" thought was so helpful. Unbelievable how i missed that warp. lol Embarassed

I love this rom hack, barely can't wait for Ganon's Tower. After this i'll play Parallel Worlds.
Thank you.
nergalmcl
nergalmcl
Newcomer

Since : 2017-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeimuzu Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 23:34

Puzzledude wrote:It also seems when you get the big chest, you need to exit the dungeon to get the brown bumps down again.
Correct.  The idea here is to exit and reenter from entrance 18 so you can just warp back to the end of the dungeon while simultaneously resetting the pegs after acquiring the mirror shield.
Jeimuzu
Jeimuzu

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2