Looking for beta testers (Closed now)

Go down

Looking for beta testers (Closed now) Empty Looking for beta testers (Closed now)

Post by GweiloGopher Wed 1 Jan 2020 - 20:43

I *think* I'm done with my new hack. Basically a full length, fairly vanilla romhack. Easier than Parallel Worlds, harder than Secrets of the Past.  

Note a few things:
- I know there are some incorrect sprites. There are a few rooms where I wanted sprites with various properties to be together for puzzles or whatever but were not in the same sprite palette. I don't know if I care enough to fix it since it's just a visual glitch.
- There are a few places where the incorrect music plays (boss rooms and exiting some caves/houses on the overworld)
- There should be enough heart pieces to get the full 20 hearts before fighting Agahnim (the last heart piece requires the master sword). I've had some issues with sprites not saving, hopefully none of the heart pieces were deleted.

I would love commentary on anything you have: graphics, gameplay, dungeon design! Honestly I'm not planning on changing anything major about the game but am happy to throw in some more Sahashrala tiles to explain new mechanics or puzzles.

Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/arP84Fe

Discord Channel:
https://discord.gg/2FdXaT3

Beta is closed, release should be within the month!

Last edited by GweiloGopher on Mon 6 Jan 2020 - 8:02; edited 7 times in total

GweiloGopher

Looking for beta testers (Closed now) Image213

Since : 2018-07-12

Back to top Go down

Looking for beta testers (Closed now) Empty Re: Looking for beta testers (Closed now)

Post by Wolfcat Thu 2 Jan 2020 - 15:52

I patched with U! no header. I ran it in ZSNES, because that is the emulator I use. And it went black when I dropped down the hole to the right of the castle. I made sure to try pausing, but the pause menu did not appear, so unless I did something wrong, there appears to be a glitch.

OK, I tried again and that glitch didn't happen.

Wolfcat
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2016-02-19

Back to top Go down

Looking for beta testers (Closed now) Empty Re: Looking for beta testers (Closed now)

Post by implicit none Thu 2 Jan 2020 - 19:32

I don't know if I will play the whole game (I should do other stuff, but I tend to procrastinate soo...), anyway I patched it and here are a few things I noticed so far:
1. The start screen says Made by Intimfuchtler
2. wrong year at the copyright stuff...
3. if you go west to the little house with the gate during the rain scene the rain sound stops playing in that area

implicit none
Bee
Bee

Since : 2019-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 2 Jan 2020 - 21:31

1. Because this is a hack of a hack made by Intimfuchtler and Gweilo did not change GFX.
2. Same as 1.
3. Pretty much what always happens unless ASM is used to fix this, but the author edited only indoors.

Also @Gweilo you need to create an Invite to your Discord, otherwise it will not work.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfcat Fri 3 Jan 2020 - 0:33

I am digging this hack. I have the first pendant which was pretty tough for me. I need a break from playing.

Wolfcat
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by GweiloGopher Fri 3 Jan 2020 - 23:35

Thanks all who have played and dealt with the many glitches and such. I updated the download link above, should be beta v.1.5, and the discord link should work as well.

GweiloGopher

Since : 2018-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfcat Fri 24 Jan 2020 - 0:57

Beta testers closed, LOL, give me break, you are funny. The first time I played through version 1.3, then I saw version 1.4 which I played to get past where I had been and now am still playing. I found at least a couple off screen glitches in version 1.4. One was in the first pendant dungeon at the top screen, but I am not saying I can make that glitch happen again, but had to do with layers. The second glitch I found was with swimming upward on the right side of an over world spot.

I don't know if these glitches are in the 1.5 version, but right now this hack is kicking by butt. I think it is another master piece. I am stuck. There are 2 parts in the 3rd pendant dungeon that I can't get past right now. In fact it was so difficult to get to were I am that I went back to the over world to look for more items in hopes to get further in that dungeon. I was looking for videos of how to get past the parts I cannot get past. I am also stuck playing a cave that has two layers where there is Goriya on the top level, and Link is on the lower level with spikes and a ledges that Link can fall off of into lower rooms. I am on the second room which has a spot where a fireball is firing at me while the Goriya has a water way that he crosses that sends him in the opposite direct I want him to go. It was hard enough in the first room.

This is a great hack.

Wolfcat
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by implicit none Fri 24 Jan 2020 - 8:42

And now it is already at version 1.6 Smile

implicit none
Bee
Bee

Since : 2019-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfcat Sun 26 Jan 2020 - 9:11

THIS IS A SPOILER:

Wolfcat
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Mon 23 Mar 2020 - 20:07

so i would definitely add some tiles that have out of the box thinking puzzles just to give a clue especially if some enemies are involved.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down