How do I change the background image of the titlescreen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do I change the background image of the titlescreen

Post by Arnachy69 on Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 15:10

Hey Master hackers up here !

How did i change the background image of the titlescreen
i mean the castle the water with shadow and the sword
(not the letters) that i hef learn from good man Puzzledude
anyway thanks for that mate
i'm realy happy with that you can make the greatest things when you know what youre doing haha
but ik mean the sword water and the castle some hackers what i see here makes the greatest backgrounds of it

Regards
Arnachy69

Arnachy69
Rank: Witch
Rank: Witch

Since : 2015-09-27

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I change the background image of the titlescreen

Post by SunGodPortal on Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 18:14

The castle and river is on BG1. The title itself is on BG2. Just select BG1.
avatar
SunGodPortal
                             
                             

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I change the background image of the titlescreen

Post by SunGodPortal on Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 19:24

I moved this to the "request" section because this area of the site is for forum related concerns.
avatar
SunGodPortal
                             
                             

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I change the background image of the titlescreen

Post by Arnachy69 on Wed 27 Jan 2016 - 8:53

yeah man i know it's on bg1 the water sword and the castle
but my question is how did i change that to my own background and yess how put that in my rom
Letters are fine now maybe i will upload some screens haha
but my question was how did i change the standard background to another one Very Happy

Arnachy69
Rank: Witch
Rank: Witch

Since : 2015-09-27

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I change the background image of the titlescreen

Post by SunGodPortal on Wed 27 Jan 2016 - 16:00

Download Zcompress, read the readme (something many people fail to do), use it to extract the compressed graphics into a .bin file, edit the graphics in the .bin file using a program like YY-CHR, reinsert the graphics with Zcompress. Done.

Make sure that your ROM is either 1,024 kb or 2MB in size before using Zcompress. Otherwise it will not work.
avatar
SunGodPortal
                             
                             

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I change the background image of the titlescreen

Post by Arnachy69 on Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 4:16

i'll know that program friend and i have it others i cannot make letters and change letters

ps.. the size it not important when the rom name is orginal

"THE LEGEND OF ZELDA"
i decompress roms from over the 3 meg's that works to Sad

Here look others i cannot make this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Arnachy69
Rank: Witch
Rank: Witch

Since : 2015-09-27

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I change the background image of the titlescreen

Post by SunGodPortal on Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 4:22

I don't understand what you want then.

ps.. the size it not important when the rom name is orginal

"THE LEGEND OF ZELDA"
i decompress roms from over the 3 meg's that works to

I was talking about odd file sizes like 1,027kb. The weird sort of sizes that Hyrule Magic creates in it's failures. 1MB, 2MB, doesn't seem to matter as long as it's "round".
avatar
SunGodPortal
                             
                             

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I change the background image of the titlescreen

Post by Puzzledude on Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 5:09

SunGodPortal wrote:Download Zcompress, read the readme (something many people fail to do), use it to extract the compressed graphics into a .bin file, edit the graphics in the .bin file using a program like YY-CHR, reinsert the graphics with Zcompress. Done.

Make sure that your ROM is either 1,024 kb or 2MB in size before using Zcompress. Otherwise it will not work.
I believe he actually knows how to use the program. It is just the method of how to edit the title screen background that's evading.

I don't understand what you want then.
His first wish is to alter the background of the title screen, his second is that bug, with the "THE" missing in the name "Legend of Zelda".


Last edited by Puzzledude on Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 5:19; edited 1 time in total

Puzzledude
   
   

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I change the background image of the titlescreen

Post by Puzzledude on Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 5:13

Here look others i cannot make this
The solution is simple. You have "THE" written bellow, you just need to re-draw it (ie draw it the second time using the gfx) to the upper part, so that it will say "THE Legend..."

This can be done with the Title screen editor of Hyrule Magic. But the "L" will still miss one small portion, depending on how you made the connection from "THE" to "O" in "Omega". This connector can be used, but the letters are of a different shape though, so it might not fit exactly.

How did i change the background image of the titlescreen
i mean the castle the water with shadow and the sword
The process is the same, this is a gfx and pal edit. However editing a complete title screen - squeezing the new parts into the gfx set and them draw them a-new with the HM title screen editor is considered advanced editing - specially when also fixing the pals correctly and because of very limited space. You just need to find the correct title screen gfx set in yy chr. But like said, this is advanced editing.

ps.. the size it not important when the rom name is orginal
I was talking about odd file sizes like 1,027kb. The weird sort of sizes that Hyrule Magic creates in it's failures. 1MB, 2MB, doesn't seem to matter as long as it's "round".
The size of the rom actually is importaint, since zcompress will also not accept the 1MB rom. It is tested to accept 2MB, 3MB, 4MB, but it should also work with 1.5, 2.5 and 3.5. Other sizes will not work.


Last edited by Puzzledude on Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 5:19; edited 1 time in total

Puzzledude
   
   

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I change the background image of the titlescreen

Post by Arnachy69 on Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 5:24

What i mean i will change is the background the air the castle the sword
and Yess that's in BG1 the Legend of and A link to the past is on BG2
and i will change BG1 background Very Happy

SunGodPortal wrote:I don't understand what you want then.

ps.. the size it not important when the rom name is orginal

"THE LEGEND OF ZELDA"
i decompress roms from over the 3 meg's that works to

I was talking about odd file sizes like 1,027kb. The weird sort of sizes that Hyrule Magic creates in it's failures. 1MB, 2MB, doesn't seem to matter as long as it's "round".

Arnachy69
Rank: Witch
Rank: Witch

Since : 2015-09-27

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I change the background image of the titlescreen

Post by Arnachy69 on Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 7:49

Puzzledude wrote:
Here look others i cannot make this
The solution is simple. You have "THE" written bellow, you just need to re-draw it (ie draw it the second time using the gfx) to the upper part, so that it will say "THE Legend..."

This can be done with the Title screen editor of Hyrule Magic. But the "L" will still miss one small portion, depending on how you made the connection from "THE" to "O" in "Omega". This connector can be used, but the letters are of a different shape though, so it might not fit exactly.

How did i change the background image of the titlescreen
i mean the castle the water with shadow and the sword
The process is the same, this is a gfx and pal edit. However editing a complete title screen - squeezing the new parts into the gfx set and them draw them a-new with the HM title screen editor is considered advanced editing - specially when also fixing the pals correctly and because of very limited space. You just need to find the correct title screen gfx set in yy chr. But like said, this is advanced editing.

ps.. the size it not important when the rom name is orginal
I was talking about odd file sizes like 1,027kb. The weird sort of sizes that Hyrule Magic creates in it's failures. 1MB, 2MB, doesn't seem to matter as long as it's "round".
The size of the rom actually is importaint, since zcompress will also not accept the 1MB rom. It is tested to accept 2MB, 3MB, 4MB, but it should also work with 1.5, 2.5 and 3.5. Other sizes will not work.

Yepz Puzzle Indeed other sizes are not allowed i'll tested it haha
but that what i'll hef learn from you ( Thx Bro ) works fine
but the "THE" is difficultly to understand for me
what i hef understand what you saying is the you make and name with 11 letters in it

A link to the past hef a count of 14
you can use 11 indeed "THE"has a count of 3
when you make an name with 11 letters let's THE into it
in HM blur THE away save and it has the new name
so i understand
but what the background with the water sword is on BG1
how did i change that is there no way to import an other background into it? Very Happy

Arnachy69
Rank: Witch
Rank: Witch

Since : 2015-09-27

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I change the background image of the titlescreen

Post by Puzzledude on Fri 29 Jan 2016 - 6:14

but the "THE" is difficultly to understand for me
what i hef understand what you saying is the you make and name with 11 letters in it

A link to the past hef a count of 14
That's because "THE" was drawn twice, since it repeats. It actually is 11, and 3 of these 11 are used/drawn twice.
If your new name does not contain "THE", then it is 11. "THE" needs to remain due to "THE LEGEND", otherwise it will be missing, like in your case. But you also have "THE" in the name "THE OMEGA...". Simply reload the same "THE" on the upper horizontal element with Hyrule Magic Title screen editor, by using the Draw function.

Once you construct your gfx in the gfx set, you can "load", use/draw them multple times, you can even load them mirror like, vertical mirror, rotated, on different Pal, etc. All possible with HM title screen editor, where you select these properties.

That's why I don't recomend for you to edit the Title screen background, where only a small number of unique gfx is used and then reloaded multiple times to make the Picture, and reloaded vertically mirrored into the water to make the effect of the water mirroring the mountains. It is also reloaded on multiple Pals to make the horizon.

Puzzledude
   
   

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I change the background image of the titlescreen

Post by Arnachy69 on Fri 29 Jan 2016 - 10:18

haha i won't now to know is how to make an own background
and how i put in that in my rom the letters i figured out now how it works Very Happy

Arnachy69
Rank: Witch
Rank: Witch

Since : 2015-09-27

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I change the background image of the titlescreen

Post by SunGodPortal on Fri 29 Jan 2016 - 15:47

You should be able to do the background the same way, it's only a matter of finding their location in the AllGFX.bin file and then making the changes you want. There should be any major difference between changing the background image and the title.
avatar
SunGodPortal
                             
                             

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I change the background image of the titlescreen

Post by Arnachy69 on Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 7:15

When i understand you good.
is that the background of the game created on the same way as the letters and i good looking and search for the air,castle sword and the water?
is that what you mean ?

Arnachy69
Rank: Witch
Rank: Witch

Since : 2015-09-27

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I change the background image of the titlescreen

Post by SunGodPortal on Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 7:44

They should be in the same file as the letters. Where in that file? I do not know. It will be difficult to find them, but they ARE in there. Everything should be in the AllGFX.bin.
avatar
SunGodPortal
                             
                             

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I change the background image of the titlescreen

Post by Arnachy69 on Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 10:49

yeah i'll know it's hard to see haha i'm respect for puzzledude and the other hackers they made a custom background Very Happy

Arnachy69
Rank: Witch
Rank: Witch

Since : 2015-09-27

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I change the background image of the titlescreen

Post by Puzzledude on Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 13:42

Arnachy69 wrote:When i understand you good.
is that the background of the game created on the same way as the letters and i good looking and search for the air,castle sword and the water?
is that what you mean ?
This is a lot more difficult than the letters, since the gfx is scatered and used multiple times. The main title is used once on-the-fly.

Bin gfx file
at E800= shel (irrelevant) + mountain in the back
at F000= main gfx set for title screen (castle, water, hills)
at 1C800= cloud + hill leftover (a very small piece)

Here some screenshots:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Manipulating title screen palettes (world colours 1 pal 5)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Puzzledude
   
   

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I change the background image of the titlescreen

Post by Arnachy69 on Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 14:33

Thx man Puzzlemen haha Great but indeed it's very difficult to make but its so very inddicted to make look codes hacking in what for kind is hmmm easy i'm not say when you make asm hack codes but this looks nice because the end result what you make is awsome haha but giga thx man i gotta look at this begin this week and the letters what i learn from you works fine Very Happy
but its very important how big you make the letters you must alway's count count how much place you get to make it Very Happy

Arnachy69
Rank: Witch
Rank: Witch

Since : 2015-09-27

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum