SunGodPortal's Hyrule Magic hack

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SunGodPortal's Hyrule Magic hack - Page 2 Empty Re: SunGodPortal's Hyrule Magic hack

Post by Mr.x Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 12:40

Puzzledude wrote:
By the way, though my experience for making applications is limited for GUI, I could take a whack on creating a new application if I am provided enough documentation. It might make for an interesting learining experience.
Oh really, then are you familiar with RT (room transfer) and RHE (room header expander) coded by XaserLe.

My wish was thus for him to merge this with the HM's indoor editor code to come up with the new (ultimate) indoor editor. But the idea eventually failed due to too much coding required.
Sounds like good stuff! Good luck with that for HM but with an open source project, it defintely can happen. The beneift to an open source project is that anyone can step up to the plate to do it!

Of course creating a new alttp editor is easier said than done. A good amount of documentation is needed to make it, hopefully this stuff is public and in organized and comprehensive notes. Disgust

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

SunGodPortal's Hyrule Magic hack - Page 2 Empty Re: SunGodPortal's Hyrule Magic hack

Post by Arnachy69 Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 7:57

Hey Sun Great,
But is there an opinion to make an compile of HM
to See The Enemy sprites better
with other words there are short letters for enemy's when you will add a enemy sprite

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2015-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 15:03

with other words there are short letters for enemy's when you will add a enemy sprite

When you see something that is labelled like "zz-01" it means that it was something that the author of Hyrule Magic thought may have been a sprite but was actually unusable. Do you remember the "useless sprite" from the original version? They are like that. Useless.  Here are the details for all of those "sprites":

zz02-incomplete stafos
zz03-crash
zz05-pull switch up, redundant, broken gfx
zz0C-unknown, explodes when touched, hurts
zz10-stationary enemy arrow, hurts
zz1B-nothing
zz1D-nothing
zz2D-Sahasrahla text about Moon Pearl with broken gfx
zz50-lone stationary cannon ball, hurts
zz6C-nothing
zz77-anti-fairy with broken gfx
zz7B-agahnim magic ball, can still be launched with sword
zz87-incomplete ganon flame
zz89-unknown, hurts
zz90-incomplete wallmaster
zz94-appears to be a duplicate of pirogusu-rt
zzAB-incomplete crystal maiden
zzB8-dialogue tester
zzBF-incomplete agahnim lightning
zzC2-appears to be a rock fragment from the lanmolas battle, stationary, hurts
zzD7-ganon intro text and pitchfork attack but no ganon, music or sfx
zzE6-incomplete item sprite (?), gives no money, bombs, arrows, health, magic
zzEC-pot/sign shattering animation
zzED-crash
zzEF-crash
zzF0-crash
zzF1-crash
zzF7-crash
zzF8-crash
zzF9-crash
zzFC-overworld floor drop, does not work
zzFD-overworld floor drop, does not work
zzFE-overworld floor drop, does not work
zzFF-crash
zz100-nothing
zz101-nothing
zz11B-crash

Most of them either crash the game or are incomplete version of other sprites. These are all things that the user never should have had access to (because most are not "sprites", they are fragments of sprite code) and they only exist because the author never finished HM. Had he done that you would never have seen any of these. I named them "zz-" to put them at the end of the list and out of the way of things that can actually be used.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

SunGodPortal's Hyrule Magic hack - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 16:51

i now i uderstand a little this is some bug created by the manufactor of HM and you did fix that

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 18:19

In some ways, yes. These are all things that were mis-identified as usable sprites by the original author. Had there been further updates of Hyrule Magic they would have surely been removed from the editor.

EDIT: I don't have the skills to remove them, but I knew how I could at least keep them out of the way.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 Sun 14 Feb 2016 - 4:28

I was search for someone they can learn me good Drawing
In HM in the overworld is it possible to draw to like in YYCHR?
but i can't figure it out how

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sun 14 Feb 2016 - 5:04

Seph would be the best person to ask about that. The amount of graphics mods in his current hack is staggering.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 14 Feb 2016 - 6:38

In HM in the overworld is it possible to draw to like in YYCHR?
No, you can not draw new gfx using just Hyrule Magic, since the gfx is compressed. The program does not contain the decompression algorithm, nor the gfx pixel-art drawing/editing.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 Sun 14 Feb 2016 - 6:43

ow with other words Puzzle you must alway's compress the Zelda Data and than in YYCH makes the colour difference for the sprites and other things like another colour for the Castle
like Meogami makes in his rom ? Very Happy

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Mon 15 Feb 2016 - 12:20

If I'm interpreting this right you're talking about the actual color of the graphics in the game. After you've edited them in YYCHR and reinserted them into the game, you have to change the actual palette that is set on the map, which are all held under palettes. It's a little confusing to figure out which palette is which but with the Hyrule Magic manual you can figure it out.
scawful
scawful

SunGodPortal's Hyrule Magic hack - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2013-07-04

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 Mon 15 Feb 2016 - 12:30

thx meo my friend but i find this a great bug in hm that you not see whitch pallette you won''t to edit
this is defently not for the advance hackers like you,puzzle seph and other but for beginners like me they get a big problem

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2