How would I go about changing the location of doors in Hyrule Magic?

Go down

How would I go about changing the location of doors in Hyrule Magic? Empty How would I go about changing the location of doors in Hyrule Magic?

Post by _FyreNova Tue 29 Sep 2020 - 0:31

The Perfect Guide says that I can use the arrow keys to change their locations, but doing such only cycles through my current selection of doors. I already have a small bit of research in my pocket; mainly having read through this post, which describes a problem identical to mine, but using said method doesn't work for me.

Should I be trying something different? Am I going about the entire thing wrong? Should I instead be using ZScream, as mentioned in the bottommost post? I am genuinely confused, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

_FyreNova
Bee
Bee

Since : 2020-09-29

Back to top Go down

How would I go about changing the location of doors in Hyrule Magic? Empty Re: How would I go about changing the location of doors in Hyrule Magic?

Post by Jared_Brian_ Tue 29 Sep 2020 - 2:08

I'm not sure how it works in zscream, but in Hyrule magic you use the arrow keys on the keypad so 2 4 6, and 8. the way it scrolls through is really weird, right and left scroll through a certain set of positions and then up and down will switch to the next set (this is how I think of it working anyways.) so to get to the position you want you'll probably have to use a combination of both.
Jared_Brian_
Jared_Brian_

How would I go about changing the location of doors in Hyrule Magic? Image213

Since : 2019-05-06

Back to top Go down

How would I go about changing the location of doors in Hyrule Magic? Empty Re: How would I go about changing the location of doors in Hyrule Magic?

Post by Puzzledude Tue 29 Sep 2020 - 10:01

_FyreNova wrote:The Perfect Guide says that I can use the arrow keys to change their locations, but doing such only cycles through my current selection of doors. I already have a small bit of research in my pocket; mainly having read through this post, which describes a problem identical to mine, but using said method doesn't work for me.

Should I be trying something different? Am I going about the entire thing wrong? Should I instead be using ZScream, as mentioned in the bottommost post? I am genuinely confused, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Not sure why you still have a problem after reading that post you linked to. The location of the indoor doors is changed by constantly pressing the number 4 on the numpad (ie arrow left on a numpad). This cycles through every position that a current door type can have. But of course you also need to choose the correct door type. For instance door: direction left, type 0 is primary if its location is in the middle of the room leading from one quadrant to other etc. You can not cycle the door: direction left to then put it to the most right wall of a HM-room for instance. You can not put door type 1 (ie for bg2) to bg1 (must use type 0= ie regular open door on bg1) etc.

Thus you must first use the command: insert door and first choose the correct door element (there are multiple of those: left, right, up, down, bg1, bg2, shutter, keydoor, bigkey door etc etc) and then the num4 cycles through all the locations that a certain door can have. Thus a door element with the direction "left" can never have a location on the right wall of the complete HM-room for instance. The door with the direction "right" can never be a connector east-west in the middle of the room (ie between quadrants), since the door element with the direction "left" has priortiy. Same for north-south where the type "up" has priority over type "down", and thus type "up" will change into the up-down door in the middle of the room, as one of the "locations" in the its location-cycle. Door type "down" will not, since it was designed to be only at HM-room transits and not in the middle of the room (ie was not made for quadrant connections, only for connection from a current HM-room to the bottom HM-room).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

How would I go about changing the location of doors in Hyrule Magic? Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by zarby89 Tue 29 Sep 2020 - 14:34

on Zscream you just select the door mode on the toolbar and drag & drop doors where you want them Very Happy you can use hotkeys to copy/cut/delete them (Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V)

How would I go about changing the location of doors in Hyrule Magic? Zscreamdoors

and here's a version fully compatible with HM
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/157379581618159616/748683788653035640/ZScream_2.6HM.zip
zarby89
zarby89

How would I go about changing the location of doors in Hyrule Magic? Image111

Since : 2016-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by _FyreNova Tue 29 Sep 2020 - 14:55

Puzzledude wrote:
_FyreNova wrote:The Perfect Guide says that I can use the arrow keys to change their locations, but doing such only cycles through my current selection of doors. I already have a small bit of research in my pocket; mainly having read through this post, which describes a problem identical to mine, but using said method doesn't work for me.

Not sure why you still have a problem after reading that post you linked to. The location of the indoor doors is changed by constantly pressing the number 4 on the numpad (ie arrow left on a numpad). This cycles through every position that a current door type can have. But of course you also need to choose the correct door type. For instance door: direction left, type 0 is primary if its location is in the middle of the room leading from one quadrant to other etc. You can not cycle the door: direction left to then put it to the most right wall of a HM-room for instance. You can not put door type 1 (ie for bg2) to bg1 (must use type 0= ie regular open door on bg1) etc.

Thus you must first use the command: insert door and first choose the correct door element (there are multiple of those: left, right, up, down, bg1, bg2, shutter, keydoor, bigkey door etc etc) and then the num4 cycles through all the locations that a certain door can have. Thus a door element with the direction "left" can never have a location on the right wall of the complete HM-room for instance. The door with the direction "right" can never be a connector east-west in the middle of the room (ie between quadrants), since the door element with the direction "left" has priortiy. Same for north-south where the type "up" has priority over type "down", and thus type "up" will change into the up-down door in the middle of the room, as one of the "locations" in the its location-cycle. Door type "down" will not, since it was designed to be only at HM-room transits and not in the middle of the room (ie was not made for quadrant connections, only for connection from a current HM-room to the bottom HM-room).

You see; that is my problem. Even when pressing four, it does nothing. If it helps, I have an Ideapad 130S-11IGM. I've tried holding the fn key, using the On-Screen Keyboard, and simply inputting normally- no dice.

_FyreNova
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by zarby89 Tue 29 Sep 2020 - 15:10

Yeah unfortunately using HM on a laptop is kinda hard because of that Sad no numpad no doors...

using the visual keyboard should work tho in the option button you can display the the numpad
How would I go about changing the location of doors in Hyrule Magic? Visualkeyb
zarby89
zarby89

Back to top Go down

Post by _FyreNova Tue 29 Sep 2020 - 15:23

zarby89 wrote:really fucking cool stuff

How would I go about changing the location of doors in Hyrule Magic? Unknown
I'd love to, but ^this happens whenever I try to open any Link to the Past rom, whether newly downloaded or not. Any fix?

_FyreNova
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by _FyreNova Tue 29 Sep 2020 - 15:28

zarby89 wrote:Yeah unfortunately using HM on a laptop is kinda hard because of that Sad no numpad no doors...

using the visual keyboard should work tho in the option button you can display the the numpad
How would I go about changing the location of doors in Hyrule Magic? Visualkeyb

Oh! This works! Thank you so much! Very Happy

_FyreNova
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by zarby89 Tue 29 Sep 2020 - 15:33

That error usually means your ROM is not valid, are you sure you are opening a US ROM ? the CRC32 must be "777AAC2F" you can see it by loading your rom in snes9x or by drag and dropping your file on that website ->
https://emn178.github.io/online-tools/crc32_checksum.html

the editor must be extracted too and not ran from the zip file (lots of peoples are doing this that's why i am mentionning it Razz )

and the version 1.5.2 is old you should go there and download last version :
https://zarby89.github.io/ZScreamDungeon/
zarby89
zarby89

Back to top Go down

Post by _FyreNova Tue 29 Sep 2020 - 16:03

zarby89 wrote:That error usually means your ROM is not valid, are you sure you are opening a US ROM ? the CRC32 must be "777AAC2F" you can see it by loading your rom in snes9x or by drag and dropping your file on that website ->
https://emn178.github.io/online-tools/crc32_checksum.html

the editor must be extracted too and not ran from the zip file (lots of peoples are doing this that's why i am mentionning it Razz )

and the version 1.5.2 is old you should go there and download last version :
https://zarby89.github.io/ZScreamDungeon/

Oh my, I had no idea. I'll go check it out now, and thanks again for the support, dude.

_FyreNova
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down