Conker's ~ High Rule Tail ~ Public Release!

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Conker's ~ High Rule Tail ~ Public Release! - Page 3 Empty Re: Conker's ~ High Rule Tail ~ Public Release!

Post by Jahikoi Mon 14 Nov 2016 - 10:20

Excuse me linking to someone's stream, but it's the easiest way for me to explain what my issues are.

In some of the dungeons, a bunch of the enemies despawn after I've killed the boss. But I had an issue where one of the pieces of heart despawned too.

https://www.twitch.tv/andy/v/97907018

at 5:53:00 there was a piece of heart in that room. During my playthrough, I was hugely confused as to what that room was for given there was nothing in there.

at 5:52:50 he has the map up, and it has one darkened room left. I had no idea how to find that room, was wondering if anyone could explain how to get there. I tried to watch two streams (Andy's and Patty's) to try to figure out how to get there - I know Patty eventually got it, but I can't pinpoint when he found it.

Other than that it was a pretty great game - burned myself out and haven't finished it yet, though.

Jahikoi
Newcomer

Since : 2016-11-14

Back to top Go down

Conker's ~ High Rule Tail ~ Public Release! - Page 3 Empty Re: Conker's ~ High Rule Tail ~ Public Release!

Post by qwertymodo Mon 14 Nov 2016 - 13:47

I still have those saved as Audacity projects, so if it's just volume tweaks, I can make those easily without affecting the timing.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Conker's ~ High Rule Tail ~ Public Release! - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 14 Nov 2016 - 13:53

Ok, I made some adjustments to tracks 36 and 37, give those a try.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 14 Nov 2016 - 14:26

Awesome!

Issue with end3:

The complete middle sentence is missing. Until it is clarified if Erock has forgotten to record or qwerty has forgotten to merge it, I cannot proceed Sad

I am finished with end1/2 already and continue with end 4/5 in the meanwhile.

If Erock needs to re-record, please do it as fast as possible. We cannot just ignore this sentence, people can't read that fast.

Edit:
Neither can do bad end 5, since this sentence here is missing as well:

Last edited by Conn on Mon 14 Nov 2016 - 15:09; edited 2 times in total
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 14 Nov 2016 - 14:35

I never received audio for that sentence.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 14 Nov 2016 - 14:56

Unfortunately, I neither can do end 5, last sentence is missing in this pic @_@

Edit: OMG, no sentence fits here, wtf has Erock recorded?

Last edited by Conn on Mon 14 Nov 2016 - 15:08; edited 1 time in total
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 14 Nov 2016 - 15:04

I don't seem to be able to edit, so sorry for the double post, but yeah, any audio that's outright missing is because I don't have it.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by suFami Mon 14 Nov 2016 - 15:10

Just wanted to say Congrats to everybody on the release! Can't wait to set aside some time to give a playthrough.
suFami
suFami
Leever
Leever

Since : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 14 Nov 2016 - 15:10

No worries, I deleted the pics (to not spoil other users) and sent them to Erock, you and Seph instead.

End1,2,4 are alright (already adjusted them to match), end 3 one slide needs to be rerecorded, and the complete end5 - here nothing fits at all.

I hope Erock is able to do that fast, and you get the merge fast as well, so we do not miss much more time before 1.1 release!
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 14 Nov 2016 - 21:08

I can re-record whatever you guys want, but I swear that I recorded all the sentences that I was told to do.

I would also like to hear exactly which recording that are going to be in the final game to see if I'm happy with them or not.

I've recorded these so many times now, some of them I have remembered by heart.

I just got home after a long day of work so I can probably do this tomorrow hopefully.

Also I would like a version of Conker that is an smc version instead of a sfc format because I need to see how some of the graphics are for the pixel artist. Currently I don't know how to open the graphics with zcompress and the .sfc version of the game.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Conker's ~ High Rule Tail ~ Public Release! - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 1:00

Just open it in a hex editor and insert 512 (0x200) bytes at the beginning, doesn't matter what they are.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 3:21

In end 3, a complete phrase is missing; end 5 is a complete mess - some sentences are what is shown on the screen, many phrases are missing... it should be re-recorded from scratch.

Erock, please record them faithfully, and also try to hit the tone of the previous records. That's quite important. If you have a different accent it would sound starnge.
I would like to get rid of my obligations here, so I hope that we can do it soon (re-record - erock, merging -qwerty, slide time adjustments - me, release -seph).

The latest zcompress doesn't differ anymore between headered and non-headered rom, also if it is just the sfc extension, simply rename it.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 3:48

Lord SePH wrote:Endings 3 and 5 are only missing Conker voices. Erock was supposed to do them later on but never did and overtime we just probably forgot about them.

Oh, so I'm supposed to do this in the voice of Conker and not the country hill billy voice?
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 6:39

I just tried using two different snes tools to add a header and none of them worked with zcompress.

it says that the file is in the wrong format or something.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 8:15

Not much experience with zcompress, but may I suggest to focus on the recordings as priority?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 12:08

Erockbrox wrote:I just tried using two different snes tools to add a header and none of them worked with zcompress.

it says that the file is in the wrong format or something.
The problem is not SFC, but the internal-header name. At 7FC0 you need to rename it from CONKER HIGHRULE TAIL back to THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.

Second parameter: 200 byte header.
Third parameter: ROM must be 200000 in hex or above, ie 300000 or 400000 in hex, ...+header.

Recompression location for GFX must be 87200.
If you have a .sfc file, rename the extension to .smc.

Then zcompress will work.

Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Conker's ~ High Rule Tail ~ Public Release! - Page 3 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 16:36

I'm quite free this weekend, erock...Can you record soon please? The whole community is waiting Sad
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 18:36

If erock's recordings do not fit with his older recordings, I suggest he redo the older recordings so they don't stand out.

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 18 Nov 2016 - 7:46

No worries, release when you feel for it - but as said, I would like to finish my final task here asap, so that it is off-mind. I had to break up coding in the middle of nowhere, and my retirement is delayed for about 2 months already Cool
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Fri 18 Nov 2016 - 13:19

Hey, I'm just glad I'm not the only thing holding back the release, I've been having too much fun with Chrono Trigger Very Happy
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 21:55

Sent Narrator take to Seeeeeeeph. Will work on Conker voice next.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Zanak Sun 20 Nov 2016 - 16:37

Hi, sorry I didn't do as much testing on the beta as I should have, got very busy. Anyways, congrats on the release Smile.
Zanak
Zanak
Snap Dragon
Snap Dragon

Since : 2016-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 23 Nov 2016 - 23:49

Currently watching the cutscenes in Conker's BFD to try and get his voice right.

There are also several little references that I didn't get in HRT that are also in BFD. For instance the skip messages part and the part where Conker is drunk and trying to get come and Birdi says he can't help but then says he can.

I would have missed over those references since I hadn't played BFD in years.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 24 Nov 2016 - 9:06

No need to mimic that voice in perfection, just record the phrases as best as you can. It'd be awesome if I can finish my task this weekend. Since qwerty is rather enthusiastic to burden himself with more and more work, I guess he's free enough to finish this small task of merging your voice also in no time.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 24 Nov 2016 - 12:45

I hope you guys are ready to beta test PW next Razz Current plan is final beta goes live Dec 1, release Jan 1. Who knows if I'll actually hit either deadline, but if I don't at least try it'll never be finished...
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next