Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!!

Zeldix :: General :: News

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! Empty Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!!

Post by qwertymodo Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 16:06

Parallel Worlds v1.2 (aka PWDX) is now available!  This culmination of several years worth of work and contributions from several of the Zeldix board members marks the 10-year anniversary of the original v1.0 release.

To copy/paste from the original project thread:

[==Added features==]

-MSU-1 Audio
-Able To Save From The Beginning Of The Game (don't have to get the sword first)
-Stun Enemies With Fist (huge help in the Guardhouse)
-Pegasus Boots Upgrade
-Break Pots with Sword
-Collect Items with Sword
-Death Counter Fix
-Flute Cancel
-FastROM Conversion Greatly Reduces/Eliminates Slowdowns
-Shovel is now available in Zelda's Cell
-Randomly Dig Up Heart/Arrow/Bomb/Blue Rupee
-Load Game with Full Health

[==Vanilla aLttP Bug Fixes==]
(might not all actually do anything)

-Kholdstare Shell Fade
-Mothula L4 Sword Invincibility
-Glove and Shield Palette Bugs
-Cane of Somaria Magic Meter Underflow
-Magic Cape Statue Pulling
-Start/Select Menu Flickering Fixed

[==Parallel Worlds Bug Fixes/Improvements==]

-Title Screen Gfx Glitch
-Able To Collect Both Red/Blue Boomerangs
-Able To Collect Mushroom With Magic Powder In Inventory
-Glitched Door in Blind's Room Removed
-Impa's Ways Crystal Glitch Fixed
-Infinite Scroll Glitch Outside Icy World Church Fixed
-Nayru's Bay Armos Knights Nerfed
-Nayru's Bay/Sheik's Hideout Mothula Beam Glitch Fixed
-Bomb Knockback Damage Eliminated
-Overworld Staircase Exit Y-Coordinate Fixed
-Bunny Change Sprite Palette Bug Fixed
-Minor Link Sprite Repixel (Fix Silver Face)
-Indoor Staircase Layer Priority Fix
-Hylian Shield Overworld Sprite Recolored (i.e. when stolen by Pikit)
-Boss Rooms Now Lock (Use Book of Mudora to Exit)
-Minor Staircase Block Selection Corrections
-Minor Text Edits/Corrections

**Download Link**

MSU-1 Audio Pack Download
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fl7yiif4ht72zqk

Note: this version has been tested, but some changes made at the last minute might have managed to sneak in some bugs, so please report any issues that you might come across.

Starting a TODO list for 1.3:

Code:
===Done===
*Jumping skull shadow sprite is glitchy
*Getting caught by Wallmaster in Din's Catacombs results in black screen
*Change cemetery hole entrance to drop into church basement
-Modify Room #226 to remove the door and ledge

===TODO==
*Glitched overworld tiles (result of the church OW fix, need to pick different tiles)
*Lake Ruins snow/thunder overlay seems to break after beating the dungeon
*Make King Helmasaur vulnerable to attack class 1 (maybe not, that might include the
   Cane of Byrna field, which we wouldn't want)
*Broken OW tile detection (infinite dig tile, icy tile)
*Ending sequence incorrect sprite palettes (torches/chests)
*Jumping off the left side of the Victory Beach ledge jumps over the entire ice pond

*Remove some boss respawn tags
   -Din's Catacombs Lanmolas

*Typos
 -Ending credits "SLIENT TOWER OF THE SKIES"
 -Guardhouse HUD "Celler"

===Known Issues/Might Fix===
*Darunia's Cavern Vitreous gfx glitch

===Known Issues/Won't Fix===
*King Helmasaur metasprite splits into pieces and hits you when it shouldn't be able to
*Blind crystal gfx glitch

Last edited by qwertymodo on Mon 9 Sep 2019 - 16:49; edited 18 times in total
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! Empty Re: Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!!

Post by Erockbrox Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 22:00

Hahaha, I got this confused with Conker's High Rule Tail. lol
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! Empty Re: Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!!

Post by Conn Tue 6 Dec 2016 - 3:59

Congratulations on this beta, it's a relieve that it is in this stage after all your hard work! Very Happy

I hope though, that a couple of playtesters is found, because... well, PW is PW Sad Please do not be too disappointed if less people are willing to playtest as you expect.
Maybe it is less deterrent if PM is proven to be compatible as well?
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 6 Dec 2016 - 11:13

As I've said before, Remodel will be compatible once the room edits are commented out. I've been a real stickler for making sure all of my edits are done in asm, except for the minor graphics edits, but those are also compatible, you just need to use zcompress to copy them over, so it's REALLY easy to comment out things that should be omitted. I even put the room edits in a separate file so it's just a single include statement that needs to be removed.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 6 Dec 2016 - 12:29

I hope puzzle is going to implement and test it for pr Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by sumotherguy Tue 6 Dec 2016 - 14:31

I'm dealing with final examinations at university until Dec. 9th. Afterwards I'll be able to give this some attention. There isn't any mention here of the issue regarding heart pieces in the waterfall cave. Am I to assume this has been previously explained or fixed and is no longer an issue?

sumotherguy
Cucumber
Cucumber

Since : 2015-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 6 Dec 2016 - 15:18

The waterfall cave was already addressed in v1.1 by removing the second piece. There is only one piece now.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 5:26

It's funny you mention the mothula stop firing glitch, the way I fixed it in conker is replace that attack with something more sinister.

But it's quite easy to fix (without replacing the attack), let me dig up that asm and get back to you.

EDIT - straight from the dev threads - this will fix the mothula shooting:
Bug #1: Mothula stops shooting after a while.
$9E/C094 22 5D F6 9D -> EA EA EA EA

The reason - a sprite is spawned while battling mothula in the original lttp - the sprite in question is the moving spike in the boss room. As spikes and moving floors don't exist in most hacks for mothula boss rooms, the sprite is spawned and holds a sprite slot in use. Once the sprite slots are maxed out, no more sprites can be spawned and thus the mothula attack doesn't work.
Euclid
Euclid

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 7:21

That mothula is nothing I need to add to my native bug fix collection then I think if spikes need to be absent... however, what that cane somaria underflow?
Is it something I should add and if yes, what's the problem and fix?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 10:08

The cane of somaria patch is already one of your native fixes, Conn. Maybe I described it poorly?
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 11:35

Oh, my bad ^^'' have overseen that. Thanks!
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 11:43

Also, Euclid thanks! You don't happen to have a fix for king helmasaur glitching out when placed in a large room, do you? It seems like his position calculations were hard coded for a small 1/4 room so when he's placed in a large room like Farore's Isle, the metasprite splits into pieces and he can do things like hit you with his tail when you're nowhere near him. Basically I think he doesn't handle being off-screen and his position just wraps around instead.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 13:59

I don't think this is so easily solvable qwerty (I might be wrong). Since the Helmasaur by default can not be in a big room (the same for all bosses, except Moldorm).

I solved this in the Remodel, by changing the room to small one
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 14:15

Yeah, I figured as much. That one might end up on the wontfix list.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 14:25

Code:
; helmasaur - bounds checking
LDA $7E0D00
CMP #$58
BCS $06
LDA #$58
STA $7E0D00
LDA $7E0D00
CMP #$88
BCC $06
LDA #$88
STA $7E0D00
LDA $7E0D10
CMP #$38
BCS $06
LDA #$38
STA $7E0D10
LDA $7E0D10
CMP #$B8
BCC $06
LDA #$B8
STA $7E0D10
LDA $CF10,y
PLB
STA $0DB0,x
RTL
BOWSER_NOT_HARD:
LDA $CF00,y
PLB
STA $0DB0,x
RTL

I dunno if you can play with these values to fix your problem. This is meant when he's going out of bounds in a small room through, so I have no idea if bigger rooms can handle this code.

Floki

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 15:32

qwertymodo wrote:Also, Euclid thanks! You don't happen to have a fix for king helmasaur glitching out when placed in a large room, do you? It seems like his position calculations were hard coded for a small 1/4 room so when he's placed in a large room like Farore's Isle, the metasprite splits into pieces and he can do things like hit you with his tail when you're nowhere near him. Basically I think he doesn't handle being off-screen and his position just wraps around instead.

Have you tried using one of the 1/4 styled "rooms", but then drawing over it with other tiles to make it a big room? It may be basing these calculations off of the room layout (the simple way of doing it), rather than loading the coordinates, shapes and sizes of the walls (the more complicated way of doing it). I would bet that the programmers took the simple route. If so, you could lead it to believe it was in a small room while it is actually not.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 15:41

Wouldn't that mess up the scrolling?
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 15:45

Possibly, but I guess it would depend on how your room is shaped (whether it becomes an issue or not) and what other things you may be able to configure.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Thu 8 Dec 2016 - 2:38

qwertymodo wrote:Also, Euclid thanks! You don't happen to have a fix for king helmasaur glitching out when placed in a large room, do you? It seems like his position calculations were hard coded for a small 1/4 room so when he's placed in a large room like Farore's Isle, the metasprite splits into pieces and he can do things like hit you with his tail when you're nowhere near him. Basically I think he doesn't handle being off-screen and his position just wraps around instead.
Unfortunately not, its not bounds checking either so don't bother applying that patch.
Euclid
Euclid

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by assassin17 Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 4:22

i wonder if any of this wackiness with Helmasaur King is related to a smaller issue i encountered in vanilla.  when you hit him with the hammer, depending on where the strike is at and possibly other factors, the collision might be drawn nowhere near the point of impact:
http://assassin17.brinkster.net/Helm000.png

EDIT: that's when hitting his feet.  it's also possible to get no visible collision circle (such as when hitting the very bottom center of his mask), even though Link is being knocked back.  a theory i read on the graphic's absence is that the game might be trying to draw it further inside a wall.

Last edited by assassin17 on Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 19:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)
assassin17
assassin17

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! Image111

Since : 2015-03-14

http://assassin17.brinkster.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sat 17 Dec 2016 - 15:56

Found a new typo to fix. Shiek->Sheik in the dungeon name overlay. I need to check if it needs to be replaced in any other in-game text as well.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sat 17 Dec 2016 - 19:21

Well, I just finished my playthrough. Definitely a few fixes left to make, but all in all I feel pretty good about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJugk_TjZoc&list=PLCnXNxndQh_Bdbhhh9iXIhnPGd9DdsCOf
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 18 Dec 2016 - 0:04

qwertymodo wrote:Well, I just finished my playthrough.  Definitely a few fixes left to make, but all in all I feel pretty good about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJugk_TjZoc&list=PLCnXNxndQh_Bdbhhh9iXIhnPGd9DdsCOf

I watched just the first part of these series and I have to admit that you did some nice work here.

Funny how just some small changes can make a big difference. The punch stun weapon works great. I guess I didn't think conn's codes were going to be this useful.

The only real problem is that the whole game really needs to be redesigned. But with these changes the current game is much more playable.

Did you ever manage to fix that one screen in the snow world where if you scroll to the right the game goes into an infinite scrolling loop?
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sun 18 Dec 2016 - 1:54

Yeah, the punch to stun was kind of the lightbulb moment when the whole project changed from "I want to add these cool features" to "this really does significantly change the game" which led to some other changes like disabling bomb damage, which has a similar effect in the Halls of Pain and a few other places. Also, fixing the boomerang means you don't have to choose to skip the blue one and make the first dungeon mini boss 3x harder if you want the red one. Lots of stuff like that, without resorting to directly modifying enemy health or other more direct ways you might think of making things "easier". However, I'm not going to redesign the dungeons. Ever. Period. I know how much work that would be and there is no chance I'll ever do it. I made a conscious choice not to make ANY dungeon edits, and I *almost* managed to stick to that.

The church exterior is fixed though, yes. Unfinished photo here, but you get the idea: https://board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1254&start=10#p30651
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sun 18 Dec 2016 - 2:30

I couldn't check the photo because I had to log in. I couldn't log in because the board didn't give me the option.

Anyway, you seem like you've put a bit of work into this so some time in the near future I'll give this game another chance. Maybe this time will be the one.
Smile
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next