Erock's Wishing Well

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Erock's Wishing Well Empty Erock's Wishing Well

Post by Erockbrox Sun 13 Nov 2016 - 4:23

Do you have any last graphics request seph because I guess now is the time? Also I was actually wanting to turn the bubble (skull with red balls which drain magic) into a poison purple mushroom from Mario Bros. Idk, it just seemed to be a fitting idea.

Also I have a few graphics the artist drew that I hadn't posted.

I asked the artist if there was anything that he could improve upon and he sent me these. However its up to you if you think they will make the game better.

The current galaxy guide is actually shown incorrectly. It needs to be flipped over the x axis. If you look at all the official logos its the other way around compared to the one currently in the game.

Here the artist tried to make the galaxy guide better.

Erock's Wishing Well Logo1_zpsj19hzdrd

Here he tried to make the fox tail actually look like a fox tail.

Erock's Wishing Well Foxtails_zpstswhqsx6

Here the shirt was made to look like conkers hoody

Erock's Wishing Well ConkersShirt_zpsy4545rdn

And I still have another complaint. In the gear dungeon there is that one gear at the start of the dungeon where you can fall though it and then later on that same gear acts as if it is solid.

Only reason I point this out again is because when I watched Andy's playthrough he actually said something about it as well. I can link the clip if you don't believe me. That probably should be fixed.

I still would like all the rest of the monsters who are using their original graphics to have them redrawn.

I was always a little disappointed that there were no xenomorphs in the game. You know the aliens from alien. So so check this out. Turn the evil sprite into that of a baby xenomorph! You could even have a body of a person/character leaded up against the wall and have the xenomorphs come out of their chests! But that would be optional.

I'm sorry, but it can't be helped and I will sent this to the artist to have it done.

I will assume 7 colors + 1 transparency if not told otherwise.

And there are others too that could be redrawn like for instance the Funny Stack. You could actually make it like Poki from Super Mario World or make it into a new monster, but currently I see that you just used the boss Blind's arm graphic as the head of the Fuzzy Stack. Surely we can do better than this.

Alright I will send the remaining monsters who are still using their original graphics to the pixel artist and then hopefully we can call it done.

Here I was able to throw in my tail and fist item into the pond. Normally I believe you can't or aren't supposed to be able to do this. At 2:20 I get the fist and I think that is like the no sword punching thing.

Here is a message tile that I never read before because I never knew it was a message.

Got some terrible noise during the moldrum fight. Maybe its just znes being buggy, but it the noise lasted until I left the dungeon.

The chomp chomps got stuck. Interesting. It might be as simple as just removing one of those blocks.

Here I'm doing puzzle dudes new puzzle because it was changed. I did do the twitch dungeon in the devs hideout, but didnt think to record it.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Erock's Wishing Well Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Erock's Wishing Well Empty Wishing Well

Post by Erockbrox Sun 13 Nov 2016 - 4:59

I now understand why you can hookshot to walls in this dungeon. Its because they are really blocks. Gotcha.

Erock's Wishing Well Conkers_High_Rule_Tail%202016%2011_12%2020-22-40_zpsog2wamzi

Here there was a tile that was left behind.

Erock's Wishing Well Conkers_High_Rule_Tail%202016%2011_13%2000-36-21_zpshmfh3n8h

Here there is a peg that if upward and let the player push on it. It looks like your pushing on an invisible object when the layer is added. I'm removing one of the layers here to show this as you cant see this normally.

Erock's Wishing Well Conkers_High_Rule_Tail%202016%2011_12%2023-04-03_zpsrpismdjh

I never noticed this before, but the shooters here have glitched graphics. Not the bullets but the shooters on the walls.

Erock's Wishing Well Conkers_High_Rule_Tail%202016%2011_13%2001-14-18_zpsxqlgn9fn

Here is another one of those pegs embedded into the walls. I assuming this was placed here by accident.

Erock's Wishing Well Conkers_High_Rule_Tail%202016%2011_12%2023-50-44_zpswy49ho2h

In the upper right corner you can push the block on top of the bomb graphic. Once done the graphic display incorrectly. If you keep on pushing this block you could push it on top of that other bomb graphic too. So the two bombs placed against the wall need to be removed.

Erock's Wishing Well Conkers_High_Rule_Tail%202016%2011_13%2001-21-25_zpsitsvkfoz

In one of the rift areas when going from one screen to another this strange graphic appears. You don't have to fix this because its very minor and I never noticed it until now, but I'm just making it aware.

Erock's Wishing Well Untitledkjhkhkj_zpssx5apt3a

Last edited by Erockbrox on Sun 13 Nov 2016 - 9:30; edited 3 times in total
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Erock's Wishing Well Empty Re: Erock's Wishing Well

Post by Erockbrox Sun 13 Nov 2016 - 9:23

Okay, well I just sent an e-mail to the pixel artist with some of the last remaining graphics that the hack will benefit from.

I don't know when he will finish them, but I'll just post them here once he finishes them.

Also,what purpose did the Tardis have in the garden of eden? You know the one by Tingle. It seems as if that one was never used.

Someone said that the lumber jacks were made into strippers. Did this ever make it into the game? I never saw it. Was there a way into the strip club?
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 13 Nov 2016 - 18:55

Someone said that the lumber jacks were made into strippers. Did this ever make it into the game? I never saw it. Was there a way into the strip club?
The lumber hacks were gfx-changed into the two transvestites behind the strip club.

Was there a way into the strip club?
No, it is just decoration, you can never enter.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Erock's Wishing Well Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 13 Nov 2016 - 21:07

I just checked the trans people behind the strip club. I have to admit that this was funny as hell.

I recorded some more videos thinking there was more original content, but it was apparently only this one puzzle.

Also fix that gear platform that you fall through in the gear dungeon.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Sun 13 Nov 2016 - 21:53

Puzzledude wrote:
The lumber hacks were gfx-changed into the two transvestites behind the strip club.

Was there a way into the strip club?
No, it is just decoration, you can never enter.
Oh, so that dungeon was scrapped?

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 13 Nov 2016 - 22:20

That peach castle for example is way beyond all my original expectations for this hack.

Actually this one single decision was really a big turning point for the hack. The original space idea was okay, but the SM 64 castle was a slam dunk and put the hack on the map to be forever remembered. So it was an excellent design choice.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 27 Nov 2016 - 4:30

Here are some last suggestions things that need to be done.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 10 Dec 2016 - 21:25

Recently Seph asked me if I had any things remaining for the game to submit them and so that's what this is all about here.

Erock's Wishing Well Give%20to%20seph%20no%20need%20to%20redraw_zpstpndza2a

And now for the newest pixel art from the pixel artist. I will explain each one from top to bottom. One the right are the originals.

Erock's Wishing Well Give%20to%20seph_zps5qbm5jnn

The alien baby is to replace the left, right evil fish.

I got flute boy or Bart Simpson redrawn. I think the new version looks a lot better.

This is a replacement for the wall bubble or fireblade graphic. The one we currently have just bugs me as it doesn't look like it fits with the rest of the graphics. And really when the current graphic was made it was just the small bubble graphic from the skull bubble magic thing and slightly modified.

I asked the artist if he could draw an alternative version of the fish.

The heart that goes inside the ghost. Originally the heart was too small and its hit box is 16x16 so I drew a circle around the heart, but I never really liked this. So I asked the artist to redraw the heart bigger. I hope this works better.

Fuzzy stack was replaced with Blind's hand and fireball graphics. While this monster almost looks original, its not since it just recycles graphics already used in the game. I've always wanted the Fuzzy Stack to be like Poki from the Mario Bros universe and so here you go.

Here is a tiny mushroom. I was wanting the skull bubble magic draining enemy to be different. The only thing I could think of is to make it sort of like the poison mushroom from the Mario Bros games. So maybe just leave the skull, but replace the red things around it with this tiny poison mushroom.

The robot enemy's head was way too big when he turns sideways. I asked the artist to draw a new sideways head that is supposed to be more representative of the robot. If this doesn't fit just let me know the details an order to make it fit.

Ah, the Substation logo. You know this has bugged me for sometime. I think the new version looks a lot better.

I asked the artist to draw an alternate version of the bee.

I asked the artist to draw the water ball that rises up out of the water and flys at you to instead grow spikes and stay as a ball of some sort. The only thing is that I don't know if its really any better than the current one. So I'm on the fence with this one.

There still is another batch of animations/drawing that the guy is still working on. So look forward for another update on graphics improvements.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 12 Dec 2016 - 23:10

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 15 Dec 2016 - 6:37

Made a video addressing some more things and comments and things and stuffs.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 29 Dec 2016 - 17:53

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 14 Jan 2017 - 19:55

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 16 Jan 2017 - 5:17

*lol, I hope SePH found this funny as well Very Happy

I quote what he wrote in the admin forum:

1- add patty message in vaati

''Patty: your swords fucking break pots!''

2- fix space blocks boomerang go through

3- add bg2 things in parallel tower ruins in stairs to fix glitch

4- add exit underverse!

5- fix the crc

these above, plus add all that 'final' erock stuff...

but quite honestly ain't in the mood for it.

Razz (Conn)

So, the points left are really easy to implement (2 hours SePH?), but it sometimes happens that projects are dropped 5 meters in front of the goal line for a short while (due to a burn-out or whatsoever). I really hope that SePH gets his motivation back soon. I mean not only him, but we all put enormeous energy into this project to let it happen:
Euclid and me with endless coding, Puzz with dungeon design, qwerty with the msu-1 tracks, you with all your (unwanted or not) suggestions, all the beta players. It would be a shame if this project was abandoned, but I am sure this will not happen. I think SePH knows about the obligation he owes all us Conker fans out there to let 1.1 release happen! Very Happy

Just give him a bit more time (and hope that he won't travel to Cuba and gets an airplane crash or whatever). Keep faith! Wink
Conn
Conn

Erock's Wishing Well Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 23 Jan 2017 - 23:32

Erock's Wishing Well Untitledjhkjhkj_zpsxpumkdjs
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 23 Jan 2017 - 23:32

Erock's Wishing Well If_conker_were_real_by_shyguygrimm_zpsmpabjbx9
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 30 Jan 2017 - 14:24

Smile

Last edited by Erockbrox on Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 13:32; edited 1 time in total
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by sumotherguy Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 17:13

Erockbrox wrote:This is what I find so funny.

Seph: This game will be released on a certain date no matter what!

Reality: Ah, fuck it. A month after the expected date and still nothing.

Please, no drama, Seph is understandably exhausted from this project. I think we're all immensely appreciative of the work that went into the game and for the fact that it was indeed released though I can understand if you, and possibly a few others, will continue to feel underwhelmed until the project hits maximum spread and appeal. Indeed I wish that Conker got the same sort of treatment as did Pokemon Prism after its cancellation, what with a community forming around it and a highly tuned in playthrough in Twitch plays Pokemon Prism.

sumotherguy
Cucumber
Cucumber

Since : 2015-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 21:46

Erockbrox wrote:This is what I find so funny.

Seph: This game will be released on a certain date no matter what!

Reality: Ah, fuck it. A month after the expected date and still nothing.

This isn't going to make it happen any sooner. You need to find a better way to vent your frustrations. Preferably one that doesn't drive anyone else crazy.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Erock's Wishing Well Image213

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 13 Feb 2017 - 0:47

Some news. The pixel artist guy that I've hired for additional artwork for the game just sent me some more stuff. Here is a preview.

Erock's Wishing Well For%20seph_zps0dn7u0az

Once I pay the guy I'll post the unblurred images.

Looks like Obi Wan's dead ghost will finally make it into the game after all. Also the fire rod has been changed so that the top of it is a tiny red and white mushroom and the in game hammer actually looks like the icon in the items menu.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Thu 16 Feb 2017 - 17:49

The game final update (from me) is rdy to roll out once you submit that final stuff.

Founder

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 17 Feb 2017 - 5:19

Speed up Erock, SePH is done with his parts Wink
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 19 Feb 2017 - 15:40

Okay here is the latest artwork from the pixel artist.

My motivation behind a lot of these was simply to try and replace things that were still using their original graphics. Whenever you give something new graphics it makes the game feel really fresh.

Erock's Wishing Well All%20of%20the%20sets_zpsqdmarx1q

Now, let me explain these.

1) This is a full size Alien from the movies Aliens. I figured that since we now have a baby alien to replace the right evil sprite that is was only fitting to have an adult alien too. This Alien is to replace the Armos Knight's graphics in the boss rush leading up to dark Gannon.

2) I believe that the vulture was replaced with the bat version of Gannon's graphics. I believe that you encounter the vulture sprite in the halls of pain. These new bat graphics are to replace the current bat graphics for the vulture. Actually I think the frame on the far right is the gannon bat frame where he breaks though the floor/pyramid. Maybe you could use these for the gannon bat phase too.

3) It always bugged me that the fire mushroom was still using the original fire rods graphics. So why not have a rod, but on the top of it, it has a tiny mushroom on it. This weapon should make more sense now.

4) I asked the artist to draw new graphics for the in game hammer animations. I asked him to match that of the original icon in the item menu. Honestly, I don't know if he got all the correct frames here or not. If this has to be redrawn then I think it should look more like Thor's current hammer design like in the Avengers movies.

5) Obi Wan Kenobi from star wars! He is the guy preventing you from getting the red light saber. Originally his graphics were that of a skeleton then it was changed to that of some final fantasy character. Now, we actually have appropriate graphics for him. Now, when people play the game they will actually be able to make sense of this room. It would really be cool if we could apply that translucent effect to his sprite in this room to make him really appear as if he is a ghost.

Here is an enlarged version of the image above.

Erock's Wishing Well All%20the%20sets%20but%20BIG%20version_zpsydbfffdw

I actually asked the pixel artist to redraw tons of other stuff too, so I don't know if he will send more in the future.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 9:12

3. The rod graphics are shared with both rods (fire/ice).
4. The hammer is missing four tiles.

Founder

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 22:24

We could use the new graphics for both fire and ice rod, at least its something different.

Also sent the artist the last 2 tiles to draw for the hammer. it was hard to see them in yychr and an easy miss.

you can always release the game now and do graphics upgrade later if you want.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next