Conker's High Rule Tail

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Conker's High Rule Tail - Page 2 Empty Conker's High Rule Tail

Patches Download:

v1.29.k: (repatched: November, 24th 2021, (shovel & timer fix)
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/ConkerHRT_v1.29.zip

old v1.28b: (repatched: June, 3rd 2018, net softlock fix)
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/ConkerHRT_v1.28.zip
This old patch is available for the case the new feather animation causes unexpected bugs.

Erock's Version (spin off) - v3:
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ydhdwyoz0rgzsv/CHRT%20Erock%20Version.zip?dl=0

MSU-1 Pack Final v1.2:
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nF86Bvr7G0GWBe9G7yfmQ-6M1IsNJCJX/view?usp=sharing

Password for the msu-1 files:
!conkermsu1!

Note for ZSNES users: Menu -> Config-> Options -> Clear hook at USE NEW GFX ENG
The hdma effect in the desert bugs otherwise!

Last edited by SePH on Sun 12 Mar 2017 - 0:45; edited 2 times in total
Founder

Conker's High Rule Tail - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Conker's High Rule Tail :: Comments

Puzzledude

Post Sat 9 Jan 2021 - 9:15 by Puzzledude

TrueComradeSteve wrote:Here's "convenient" footage for you - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IAFH8uuZEjTv4uD3FptYHIOh6-DtcilH/view?usp=sharing
Thank you. I believe you now, but like said I used your srm on the rom and this never happened on any emus I've used. So it's impossible to say why only you have this problem. We can just give you the correctly patched rom, but I doubt it's going to help.
Also, how do you explain my screenshot, where I could go left using your srm and my rom.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 9 Jan 2021 - 10:28 by Conn

After pm:ed and comparing the code TrueComradeSteve with my1.29f I get as patching result, I noticed his code is somehow corrupted. I do not know what happened (applied several patches like 1.28 and 1.29f, mixing other stuff, LunarIPS problem...? - no idea).

In any case, this issue should be solved...  and closed Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Sat 9 Jan 2021 - 10:53 by Puzzledude

Conn wrote:After pm:ed and comparing the code TrueComradeSteve with my1.29f I get as patching result, I noticed his code is somehow corrupted. I do not know what happened (applied several patches like 1.28 and 1.29f, mixing other stuff, LunarIPS problem...? - no idea).

In any case, this issue should be solved...  and closed Very Happy
Nice. Maybe we should just post the CRC-32 of the correctly patched rom, which is
148D5DE2 for Conker 1.29f. Now you can just compare this ID to the ID of the Rom, that he is using. It should not be 148D5DE2, but something else. It's also 4MB with no header. If the numbers don't match, than that's it: false patching process.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 9 Jan 2021 - 11:28 by Conn

Yes, let's wait for TrueComradeSteve reply, whether he knows what he did wrong. However it is a single case... Though bps is mush safer, it is impossible to combine 2 bps on the same rom, so I prefer ips even if this leads to mispatching.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 10 Jan 2021 - 9:35 by TrueComradeSteve

During the PM with Conn, I had noticed a bug during gameplay. Wasn't quite sure if there was a bug list compiled somewhere of stuff thats known about already, but I have a video showcasing what happened to me.

What seems to be happening to me, is game isn't clearing the "underwater" state thats being applied to links body. What this does is allow me to push Y to "surface" in areas you're definitely not meant to. Was able to skip the entire dungeon almost on replay of it afterwards.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wZlerun20Yo8vf14lpK-EnndQghMFK5d/view?usp=sharing - you'll notice that you move at normal speeds when doing diagonal inputs and when holding a sword charge too, didn't know if that was intended or not, didn't seem like too much of a bug but worth noting as well.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 10 Jan 2021 - 9:43 by Conn

Yes, room at minute 1:02 needs a further barrier I think

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 10 Jan 2021 - 9:51 by TrueComradeSteve

Conn wrote:Yes, room at minute 1:02 needs a further barrier I think

Happened in another location as well tbh, any room it seems where you're in that underwater state and transition to a dry room seemed to do it. I'd have to go through the whole dungeon to see precisely where it happens.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 10 Jan 2021 - 10:04 by Conn

Yes, I encountered it too... I will make further investigations and will update the patch.

Edit: this should not be allwoed after falling in the pit:
Conker's High Rule Tail - Page 2 Conker11

Must be 4d or 5d that needs to be resetted when walking under water and falling into pit

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 10 Jan 2021 - 10:58 by Conn

Ok, should be fixed (also in all-in and complete items).

Clear browser history (else: firefox bug), redownload

ips name is
Conkers_High_Rule_Tail_V1.29g.ips

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 5 Aug 2021 - 23:43 by TaylorLove69RS

Hey there,

I've played through this before, and now me and a friend are going through it together on the most recent version. I noticed that environmental effects aren't affecting us.

The two I notice are the time curse thing in the Tardis, and the underwater area outside (and probably inside, I didn't check) the Parallel Tower Ruins. I didn't bother going to the Star Wars area before getting the helmet because I didn't want to break the game like that, but I assume it would also be the same deal.

In case my emulator settings matter, I am running the most recent version of the SNES9X core on RetroArch. I'm not sure how to find out the exact version of RetroArch I have, but I did download it within the last 2 months. In case it matters, I have also set up the MSU files.

It isn't a huge issue for my playthrough, but I can imagine it could lead to a lot of confusion for some people who may not know that these things should be in place.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 17:50 by crimental

Hello, I am a Hispanic translator, I would like to translate this great game, I have seen that they have shared some files to translate. Can someone give me a hand?
https://www.romhacking.net/community/4315/
Greetings.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 14 Sep 2021 - 14:39 by Conn

I think you need to ask seph. Try on discord maybe SePH#5624.
Translating the dialogues should be quite easy with Hyrule Magic, you can also ask on zeldix discord channel. Most problematic may be to include the special Spanish characters like the turned questionmark. But you'll surely find help at discord if nobody answers here.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 20 Sep 2021 - 19:10 by crimental

Conker's High Rule Tail - Page 2 Hytule10
hyrule magic with conker Sad

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 21 Sep 2021 - 3:56 by Conn

That's a simple copyright protection, I pm:ed you how to avoid this Wink

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Tue 21 Sep 2021 - 12:05 by Puzzledude

I don't think Conker dialogues can be edited with Hyrule Magic though, even when opened, since some complex things were done to the text code if I remember correctly. Worth a try though.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 21 Sep 2021 - 16:27 by Conn

Excellent question actually. I did some custom asm stuff for the monologues, but only wrote 2 or 3 via HM I think. Since seph did the vast majority and he doesn't know much asm, I'd assume they are mostly editable via HM. I'm at good hope.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 18 Nov 2021 - 14:11 by MrKoippa

Awesome game..Only one dna piece missing..
Playing with snes9x -x64 version 1.55.  with msu on win7 pro 64 sp1..Oddly..My ingame time is 00:00 and I haven´t had timer on anything?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 18 Nov 2021 - 18:34 by Conn

My ingame time is 00:00 and I haven´t had timer on anything?
Damned, you are right.
I fixed it in

You should find a
Conkers_High_Rule_Tail_V1.29h.ips
Formerly it was v29g. If it still shows g, clear browser history and re-download (firefox takes old downloads instead refreshing).

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 19 Nov 2021 - 6:22 by MrKoippa

Thank you..In Opera I has to restart the download at 100% and ? mark..
But nice thing is that the main game time works now..
Started a new game too..What comes to Tardis timers.
Worked once when going to level I & II..
Might be that 1st save (srm)with same initials did that..
Or my way of collecting things and running many Tardis waypoints doors..But those are fine for me without seconds timer..

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 19 Nov 2021 - 6:28 by Conn

Could you give a more precise bug report please? That post above is somewhat cryptic to me. To be able to fix bugs I have to reproduce them. So you are telling that tardis timer worked sometimes and then not anymore? If you have the tardis key the timer is disabled, but otherwise it should be there.
If possible give me a savestate (srm file)

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 19 Nov 2021 - 8:18 by MrKoippa

I don´t have it..Along is zip with folder inside srm file and picture of my folder where everything should be ok..

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 19 Nov 2021 - 9:35 by Conn

Oh yeah... I replaced the code of the feather glide to that of feather jump and seemingly disabled some essential features.
Sorry for that. It's complicated to restore that stuff, but so far all works again (timer for playtime and tardis).

You should find a
Conkers_High_Rule_Tail_V1.29i.ips
If it is a previous version (29g or 29h), again: clear download history and re-download again

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 22 Nov 2021 - 18:38 by MrKoippa

Was already on the earlier versions.Only shovel is needed to brake the the game..
I don´t know programming and all else but starting fron this point..Save state 000..Everything can be breaked..Only thing it can be resrored is by save stae state,,And choosing first then second option..If resetted at corruppted spot..Most of the time it reults as at loss at all saves..From the 000 save state travel with a bird to number 2 and then 8..Go to seph´s folder--And go forward..It is just matter of time when someone finds correct room to end credits..

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 23 Nov 2021 - 5:37 by Conn

Sorry, I don't understand much what you are saying with shovel and travel here and there.
I am happy that you are reporting bugs, but we are both no native English speakers. Maybe it is better you try to use google translate?

Here's my try to reproduce your bug with no success. If you can upload a video may help a lot Wink

https://streamable.com/6fvyb7

I travelled with flute to point 2, then 8 then Seph's folder. No crash. Then I used the shovel, all worked.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Tue 23 Nov 2021 - 23:34 by Puzzledude

Conn wrote:Sorry, I don't understand much what you are saying with shovel and travel here and there.
I am happy that you are reporting bugs, but we are both no native English speakers. Maybe it is better you try to use google translate?

Here's my try to reproduce your bug with no success. If you can upload a video may help a lot Wink

https://streamable.com/6fvyb7

I travelled with flute to point 2, then 8 then Seph's folder. No crash. Then I used the shovel, all worked.
Well, I can confirm, that if you fly to number 2 and then 8 and go to SePH's folder and go forward nothing happens. SePH's folder is room 188, Ganon room and end credits are room 0, so these two things are not connected. But staircase door 3 and 4 for room 188 are set to room 0, however you can never make such a transit, unless you are using walk thrugh walls cheat and a special door, which is not used here.

Staricase 2 is leading to room 12 and to "super" Agahnim, however defeating him gives you a ring. There was a bug here before if you defeated him, but I think this was fixed. So no idea. I suggest to the bug reporter to make a video and clearifies what exactly is wrong and where. Also a hash ID of his patched file is necessary, since his game might be patched wrong or is a wrong/unspecified version. I'm still using 1.27 for instance, where everything seems to be fine. Not sure what was updated since 1.27.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next