My hack Plextona

Go down

My hack Plextona Empty My hack Plextona

Post by Erockbrox Tue 5 Sep 2017 - 22:11

I had this idea to create a Zelda 3 hack and I called the game/project Plextona. But honestly I'm just not that proficient in Zelda 3 hacking beyond messing with Hyrule magic.

I thought about doing an original game using Game Maker Studio 2. I downloaded the program and messed around with it, but if I ever do make an original game from scratch like this I may have to hire a programmer to help out with making assets and such. There are assets you can purchase, but sometimes they can still be complicated to use.

Also Game maker Studio 2 is very resource intensive. My laptop, which is my main computer struggles to run the program and to compile the game takes several minutes. If I do make a game from scratch in the future I will most likely have to upgrade my computer.

So anyway, what I think I will be doing is making a Zelda like game out of the Super Mario World engine. I'm also interesting in doing this just to show that an overhead zelda like game can be pulled off within the limitations of SMW. So basically I'm doing it out of a challenge.

I also don't see romhacking as an illegal endeavor. I see it as more of an art form and hope that one day companies will see that there is something of value in this field. If you look at Weird Al Yankovic he literally makes a living off of doing derivative works on songs. So why couldn't a rom hacker to the same?

Here is the most recent video. The game will be in the style of an NES like retro game.

One of the big reasons why I got into hacking games was because I think that it is so cool to see new games running on the SNES. The SNES was an important console to me as a kid, it was not only my main console, but I kept coming back to it over and over during my life.

I think I got my SNES when I was in or around 3rd grade or so. Then the N-64 came out when I was in 5th grade, but in high school I got really into Street Fighter 2 again and then started playing my SNES again. Then I got into Super Mario Kart scores in college. Then I got into setting high scores on games competitively later in college. Then I got into making SNES hacks.

So the SNES has just been with me my whole life. I don't even own a Game Cube or Wii or Wii U or Switch.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

My hack Plextona Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

My hack Plextona Empty Re: My hack Plextona

Post by Founder Wed 6 Sep 2017 - 14:21

Creating a new type of gameplay out of a traditional 2d scroller is surely an intriguing idea.

I truly I believe you'll succeed creating anything you dream of with an engine a documented as smw. If you combine all the knowledge of smwcentral with all your own past ideas and hacks like those puzzles for quest for calatia, ideas for conker or that smw logic hack which was something of its own too, you'll have nothing that stands in your way to create the hack of your dreams.

Happy rom hacking again Smile

Founder

My hack Plextona Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

My hack Plextona Empty Re: My hack Plextona

Post by Erockbrox Sat 7 Oct 2017 - 0:41

Kind of an update, but not really.

My hack Plextona 9s0xJ4M
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

My hack Plextona Image211