Gradius III

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Gradius III - Page 4 Empty Gradius III

-  Patch  -

Patches for US/JP v3* (by PeV):
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8018phnwarqoxci/Gradius_III.zip/file
*Support for Vitor's SA-1 patches included. Please review readme file for details. Readme updated 02/10/2024.

-  PCM Packs  -

Arcade (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/wr42VBga#uKLVSI5Ysq1zW-lxtLUHMjHHTEHy3cnYIHL52n-jidI

X68000 MIDI Power Arranged (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/YqJ23BCL#hGaNYAGf8e1sQ2RJK4ili0xXRFgV-F3qj2IbBVtIKpk

Option Fire NES Version (by Arasoi):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/JTElTKyD#Xj_7ohCeO-_yVWOTI-qn57AtXqfrJFxK9K8f5HfSak8
YouTube Preview

Kurrono's "Arranged" Pack:
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LZFAkuoDNn2kTOlZ-SyPxU0GUScVG8g3

-  Track Map  -

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rIj67MBZWKlAn4vG8sgVbgDc3ef8gFBfWJXMgnL9DTU

Last edited by pev on Sun 11 Feb 2024 - 15:52; edited 41 times in total
pev

Gradius III - Page 4 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Gradius III :: Comments

Post Mon 5 Apr 2021 - 9:03 by GeneralMorden

An update of the SA1 patch for Gradius 3 is out: https://github.com/VitorVilela7/SA1-Root/releases. Will you create a new MSU1 patch for this game?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 5 Apr 2021 - 11:43 by pev

GeneralMorden wrote:Will you create a new MSU1 patch for this game?
Sure, as soon as I am done testing another MSU1 project Conn and I are working on.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 4 Sep 2021 - 21:43 by VVV18

Good night...

Could someone please check these patches;
they feel wrong to me;

Patch US v1.6: MSU-1 + SA-1 Patch Merged 04/18/21
CODE:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W7Tf48zjQe1ecZquLKSN5Rk2pU8JWZna/view?usp=sharing
(every time I apply this one, it says "could not find C:\Users\user\Desktop\MSU1+SA1 PATCH\out\*.msu )

Already for this: Patch US v1.4b: MSU-1 Only
CODE:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12YcBpJ7RYjkQ6iBpUNmfe2NZhjr34Nlx/view?usp=sharing
( The ZIP file tells me this: MSU1_G3_ROM_Patch_Conn,PepilloPeV_v1.5_2 but when extracting the files I find this patch: Gradius3-Original-v1.4b )

Maybe it's a mistake, just when copying and pasting...

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 5 Sep 2021 - 4:41 by Conn

1. It works for me, maybe you didn't rename the input rom to in.sfc
Try it manually to simply apply a patch from the in folder
- G3SA1-ORG-MSU1-V1.6-CRC_CD973979.bps
- G3SA1-STD-MSU1-V1.6-CRC_CD973979.bps
The created msu.file is simply an empty file (new text document, rename it

2. the zip name doesn't matter it's the version of the patch that counts. Sometimes only a readme is updated or so. It says in the description 1.4b, and this is also the patch name.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 5 Sep 2021 - 10:18 by VVV18

Conn wrote:1. It works for me, maybe you didn't rename the input rom to in.sfc
Try it manually to simply apply a patch from the in folder
- G3SA1-ORG-MSU1-V1.6-CRC_CD973979.bps
- G3SA1-STD-MSU1-V1.6-CRC_CD973979.bps
The created msu.file is simply an empty file (new text document, rename it

2. the zip name doesn't matter it's the version of the patch that counts. Sometimes only a readme is updated or so. It says in the description 1.4b, and this is also the patch name.

I did exactly as you said Conn, manually applied the patches, now it's working,
the CRC after the patch: Origin: 65DC1A7C - Standard: 5D3ACF5E,
(with Vitor Vilela patch updated)
Thank you very much!!!

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 27 Sep 2021 - 22:26 by flex

Hi Guys,

I am using the standard MSU-1 Only 1.4b patch and eveything seems to be working fine except the opening sequence never seems to have any music until the title screen appears, everything else seems ok. It is doing this on all of the PCM packs I have tried (Arcade, X68000 etc).

Is there something wrong with the patch or am I missing something? I am using an original SD2SNES if it makes any difference.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 28 Sep 2021 - 14:13 by Conn

I wait for others chime in, in case there's something on the ASM side, I'll look into it if I have time. Pev unfortunately left this forum.

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Tue 28 Sep 2021 - 14:26 by JUD6MENT

This is one random suggestion, but applying a patch to a clean rom for a new try does sometimes help. I remember one time i patched a Yoshi Island and the menu would mess up and it turns out all i needed to do was try again with a new rom. It is rare but i think sometimes roms can mess up when moving data between devices or patching.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 29 Sep 2021 - 5:26 by Relikk

flex wrote:I am using the standard MSU-1 Only 1.4b patch and eveything seems to be working fine except the opening sequence never seems to have any music until the title screen appears, everything else seems ok.

No problems here. Make sure you're patching the correct ROM (CRC-32: cd973979).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 29 Sep 2021 - 12:26 by Conn

...and try replacing the pcm that doesn't work with any other pcm (or try a different pcm set)

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 17 Dec 2021 - 1:30 by staxx

Excellent work on Gradius 3. I just want to report a bug on all the hidden/bonus levels after level 2 do not have any music/pcm playing. The second levels bonus stage works fine. Tried non SHA1 and SHA1. Otherwise everything is working great.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 17 Dec 2021 - 5:37 by Conn

I can confirm this bug, but cannot really fix it since no source on my hands. We need to wait for Pev here I think

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 17 Dec 2021 - 16:51 by staxx

Well it looks like the bonus levels tries to play g3-msu1-0.pcm. So I renamed g3-msu1-26.pcm to g3-msu1-0.pcm and it kinda works but the music gets cut off a little early, I am not sure if it affects anything else or what the original g3-msu1-0.pcm is for.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 17 Dec 2021 - 17:36 by Conn

Yes, I know about $2004-00 plays with no loop.
There is a $86-0c check that is not addressed so it plays a "default" track. I already informed Pev and he's going to fix it. I do not have the source so the only thing I could do is tinkering - so better wait for Pev so he recompiles it, I'm sure he's soon on it Wink

So we need a bit patience, but thanks for your report. I wonder since the patch is already out for so long and nobody has reported it yet - but the bonus stages are also hard to reach.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 29 Dec 2021 - 5:53 by Conn

Ok, I came up with a "dirty fix" since the source seems to be lost. The fix is, that whenever 00 shall be written to $2004 (pcm-0 is about to play) it plays bonus theme $1a (pcm-26) instead.

Both Sa-1 (now 1.7) and native (now 1.4c) have been updated in first post. Not completely playtested though, but I made a backup of the former if there is a problem Wink

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Thu 30 Dec 2021 - 6:35 by alex_tenjo

@Conn Thanks for your dedicated work to maintain and improve all patches.
Could it be possible that you release the MSU code only of your merged patch? I am interested in it (instead of the native 1.4c) to try to use it with the Japanese version of the SA1 patch (1.4c is already fully compatible with the Japanese ROM except of its checksum).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 30 Dec 2021 - 9:56 by Conn

Sorry, I do not understand what you need... there are 3 patches
1.4c (for native)
and 2 SA-1 versions (v1.7)

I do not have any source or anything else. It's a simple hex edit i made upon pev's work to fix the bonus stage.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 30 Dec 2021 - 10:03 by pev

@alex_tenjo The source code for native, from what I recall, was just added on top of Vitor’s GitHub source code. All that was required was minor changes (ie, due moved RAM locations, code offsets, etc).

I was looking through my external drives but halted due to Conn fixing the bug and the NBA Jam request. I am still missing the source code for the SA-1 merged version.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 30 Dec 2021 - 10:05 by pev

@Conn Gradius III has always been your project. I remember you coded all over again when my original intent way back in the early days was to complex, lol. It was never my work.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 30 Dec 2021 - 10:59 by Conn

Haha Smile
No it was yours. Possibly I tinkered here and there as always, but I couldn't find the source as well if I ever had it Razz

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Thu 30 Dec 2021 - 13:06 by alex_tenjo

Thanks for your replies.

What I am attempting to do is trying to use your MSU1 patch with the Japanese version of the ROM since Vitor Vilela made a specific SA1 patch for that version.

Your native 1.4c is fully compatible with the Japanese ROM without any modification (except for its checksum but it is not a problem in addition to be very easy to solve).
However, if I try to mix your 1.4c MSU1 patch with the standalone Japanese SA1 patch, there are two locations (0x0052C7 to 0x0052C8 and 0x0079FD to 0x007C20) where both patches write different values. By looking at those addresses on the intended US ROM patch with your merged one, I come to the conclusion that you might have moved your MSU1 code somewhere else to remove any interference with the SA1 patch.

That is why I have asked you (in case if it was easy and not time consuming) if you can send me a patch that contents only your modified/shifted MSU1 code.
Thanks to that I could (maybe) use it with the Japanese ROM, and in addition, in case Vitor Vilela update its US patch in the future, merged it with your MSU1 patch should be quicker and easier (if the "possible new SA1" patch does not use any new addresses where there is current MSU1 code).

That post is just to let you know what I why I am trying to do, without source, isolate the MSU1 code is probably be something difficult.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 30 Dec 2021 - 13:35 by pev

@alex_tenjo I recoded the original Gradius III for MSU purely out of boredom last night. If you sit tight for a bit, I can send you the new source code if you want to tinker with it. I’m not at home for the moment. I will email the latest source code upon my arrival.

I was eventually going to port it to all Gradius III SA1 variants (including the Japanese one). Unless you want to give it a shot. If not, just ask Conn or myself and we can help out when time allows.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Thu 30 Dec 2021 - 14:12 by alex_tenjo

Many thanks pepillopev, and yes I would like to try if I can do something myself using your recoded MSU1 patch (however because I am not a coder, I can only figure out a very few and results might be only failed attempts).

Thanks again for your offer and for your time.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 30 Dec 2021 - 15:45 by Conn

I extracted the msu only stuff for the SA-1, @alex, I'd wait for Pev's new revision, but if you are curious you could give it a try on jpn.
The standard is the boss only version, the org is, yes the org.
Attachments
Gradius III - Page 4 Attachment
jpn.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 30 Dec 2021 - 16:53 by pev

@alex_tenjo Well, never mind, Conn went ahead of me, yet again. I'm done. No need for the new code.

@Conn I really wish you stop jumping the gun like that and give people time to respond. I almost feel like you have to be first in everything. I just figure to mention it since you do this quite often. I just choose to speak up this time.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next