U.N. Squadron (Area 88)

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

U.N. Squadron (Area 88) Empty U.N. Squadron (Area 88)

Patch

Patch (by PepilloPEV):
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/UnSquadron-Msu1-Patch%5bNstcEng,Fre%5d.zip

Mirror: https://mega.nz/file/FfVngDSR#jCSVGVYzCuyjBf9xKA3aYDTHQbupvDBSEgum52BUAxo
Update: oct/9th/22: Japanese version by Cubear added

PCM Packs

UN Squadron Guitar Music by Breath of the Sea (by JUD6MENT) (23/Feb/24 updated by arasoi):
Code:
Download:
https://mega.nz/file/OYd3XS4Z#HXkqPDs2HwspQkhgzP94V-iwK3Ht5gR1WVuYdD297fQ

Mirror Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wwylod0laf4xytx/UN+Squadron+MSU1+Breath+of+the+Sea+Music.zip/file
YouTube Preview

Arcade (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/96oEVL7Y#vLg7uzgENWgMCWXKH-oANWMtLxdIWmI-HtKNTkWJQ1o

Custom Pack (by Kurrono):
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dlb2nhtd4kndnfa/MSU1_UN_Squadron_Kurrono_PCMs.zip/file
- Link replaced 06/04/20, old had corrupt ZIP file -

Last edited by pepillopev on Thu 4 Jun 2020 - 14:30; edited 12 times in total
pev

U.N. Squadron (Area 88) Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

U.N. Squadron (Area 88) :: Comments

Post Thu 21 Dec 2017 - 22:35 by BillyJo

what a beautiful Christmas gift ! Smile thanks for the hard work !

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 21 Dec 2017 - 22:37 by pev

No problem. I was a little hesitant in doing at first since not too many tracks were out there for this great title. But, in the end, I gave in and made it happen. Hopefully, some souls out in YouTube land can create the missing tracks.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 22 Dec 2017 - 5:12 by Señor Ventura

This game needed better music, capcom generally treat its games with low filtered pass for it, and, at least for me, playing un squadron is a pain for the ears because that reason xD

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 22 Dec 2017 - 5:41 by Relikk

Which version is Kurrono doing? I'll do the arcade version if he's not.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 22 Dec 2017 - 7:35 by shadowAOD

Awesome, thanks so much for doing this hack PepilloPEV Very Happy

I really hope this is the music for the intro "fingers crossed" -

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 22 Dec 2017 - 8:47 by pev

Relikk wrote:Which version is Kurrono doing? I'll do the arcade version if he's not.

Relikk, I think Kurrono is not doing the arcade track swap (doing a mix of different youtube samples currently out there). My guess, go for it. The more pcm sets, the merrier.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 22 Dec 2017 - 8:49 by Relikk

Cool. I have most of the tracks recorded already. It looks like there might be a few that are SNES exclusive that aren't in the arcade version, like the intro. I'll try and get it as complete as I can.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 22 Dec 2017 - 8:54 by pev

Relikk wrote:I'll try and get it as complete as I can.

Fantastic. As soon as you and Kurrono finish your sets I'll set them up and host them of my dropbox account.

Last edited by pepillopev on Fri 22 Dec 2017 - 12:19; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Fri 22 Dec 2017 - 10:30 by kurrono

U know me Relikk..i like remixes better..Mr Mk heheh..u saw that new umk3 hack 1.3 a guy is doing ..classic subzero now has a friendship like mktrilogy..i hope he can add rain too

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 22 Dec 2017 - 11:51 by pev

After doing some more testing, I found out that RetroArch's Bsnes core is not fully compatible with my patch code (some msu1 tracks do not play). Due to this finding, I updated my readme file an omitted the Retroarch Bsnes setup information (and flagged this method as non-compatible, for now).

I fully tested Bsnes v073+3a from start to finish and all msu1 tracks play fine. I'm also pretty confident that qwerty's Snes9x is unaffected (but will do a full playthrough, in my free time, to make sure full compatibility).

I also included the full msu1 game track list as mapped out by the game in the readme too.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 22 Dec 2017 - 12:12 by pev

shadowAOD wrote:Awesome, thanks so much for doing this hack PepilloPEV Very Happy

I really hope this is the music for the intro "fingers crossed"

I think if you ask Kurrono or Relikk, they may add the track as an alternative for you to use.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 22 Dec 2017 - 13:58 by Relikk

kurrono wrote:U know me Relikk..i like remixes better..

Indeed you do.

kurrono wrote:u saw that new umk3 hack 1.3 a guy is doing ..classic subzero now has a friendship like mktrilogy..i hope he can  add rain too

Interesting. I haven't seen it. Never really played MK3 on SNES all that much because by the time MK3 was releasing on consoles, the PS1 had arrived and there was a better port there than on the SNES.

Anyway, I'm done for the moment with the arcade soundtrack for U.N. Squadron. I might tweak the volume levels a bit but, compared to the SNES version (which is loud), the arcade versions music isn't as loud compared to the SNES so, I think the balance is decent here.

The only track that's missing from the arcade is the intro as the arcade has no intro music. I used the SNES one instead.

Here's a link:
https://mega.nz/#!UiQEEC5C!29lp2Ga6VcGPQnXJfooguaDwkdnPUP6Dh2_Nh7Cebhk

EDIT: New link. I noticed that the credits aren't set to loop, as well.

Last edited by Relikk on Fri 22 Dec 2017 - 17:54; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 23 Dec 2017 - 4:14 by Conn

I updated the first post with the new link as the old was broken - Thanks Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 23 Dec 2017 - 10:22 by Señor Ventura

the 400MB pack sounds too distorted

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 23 Dec 2017 - 12:18 by pev

pepillopev wrote:I'm also pretty confident that qwerty's Snes9x is unaffected (but will do a full playthrough, in my free time, to make sure full compatibility)..

I played the whole game in qwertymotos' Snes9x w/o issues. So, yes, Snes9x is definitely a go with the current version of the patch. Kurrono has mentioned that the standalone, older version of bsnes works (not talking about the retroarch bsnes core from before).

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sat 23 Dec 2017 - 14:20 by kurrono

Señor Ventura wrote:the 400MB pack sounds too distorted

What u mean distorted..is it loud? What ur using sd2snes?

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 23 Dec 2017 - 16:46 by Señor Ventura

kurrono wrote:
Señor Ventura wrote:the 400MB pack sounds too distorted

What u mean distorted..is it loud?  What ur using sd2snes?

I mean it sounds distorted. I'm using AVS audio editor.

I need to increase de dB level, and then it sounds directly broken.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sat 23 Dec 2017 - 16:53 by kurrono

If u want i can send u the mp3s and u fix it....cause i think when i do mp3 .conversion to wave..it gets messup....i see what i trying to say...some of music i had to create them not available intil i use original spc or arcade..but that wont work... relik got his version ..done

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 23 Dec 2017 - 17:09 by Señor Ventura

kurrono wrote:If u want i can send u the mp3s and u fix it....cause i think when i do mp3 .conversion to wave..it gets messup....i see what i trying to say...some of music i had to create them not available intil i use original spc or arcade..but that wont work... relik got his version ..done

Ok, perfect... i have to reupload the super ghouls'n ghosts soundtrack too.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sat 23 Dec 2017 - 18:12 by kurrono

We gonna make this grow lot of patches ..but everything takes time...so patience..that is a virute. Wink

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 23 Dec 2017 - 19:36 by Conn

Any video in progress? Wink

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 24 Dec 2017 - 8:56 by Relikk

I made a small one playing on hard, then rage quit when I died because it was a stupid death. Sad

https://youtu.be/NhyUXnEoX8I

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 24 Dec 2017 - 19:49 by Conn

I added the video to original post to keep consistency Smile

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sun 24 Dec 2017 - 19:56 by kurrono

I contacted Shiryu last night..he will make video soon

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next