Pilotwings - Page 3 Empty Pilotwings

-  Patch  -

v5: http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/pw_patch.zip

-  PCM's  -

Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/deqewz8y8y5hn96/pw.rar?dl=0

Aqua MIDI Remastered (by Aelieth):
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rMoUXUq9CRVSouiv2HwQ4qpPfvziIfe7/view?usp=sharing
YouTube Preview

Last edited by kurrono on Sat 30 Dec 2017 - 1:34; edited 3 times in total
kurrono
kurrono

Pilotwings - Page 3 Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Pilotwings :: Comments

kurrono

Post Fri 29 Dec 2017 - 21:30 by kurrono

Conn can u move Shiryu video. Where it goes please or u need laptop to do that?

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 29 Dec 2017 - 22:10 by pev

Ok, Kurrono, i think i know what the problem is. During the time that tony/shirley/lance are boarding the helicopter, accumulator A is being used as a counter.

During this time, A is bombarded with counted values from 00-FF, which, is sent to the MSU routine (hence, the screeching sound) until the counter is finished and settles on track 8. I also found another bug where your silver medal music did not play (fixed that).

At this point, you can omit the routine for the helicopter rescue and the screeching music will be gone (but no msu). This will work for now until I can get a better understanding how this A counter is being started.

If you really want this track, maybe you can mix it into the successful helicopter landing and make the missing track 8 play after a couple of seconds (will be a pain to sync up to the game, but its possible). At least, for now, until Conn or I figure out what the hell is going with this weird issue. I emailed you an updated asm.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sat 30 Dec 2017 - 1:36 by kurrono

Guys here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ht8s3yuwwo0bovu/pw_patch.zip?dl=0

Im thinking on uploading other game ..but hey music. Is from tv show ost not the game itself

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 30 Dec 2017 - 4:52 by alex_com

kurrono wrote:Guys here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ht8s3yuwwo0bovu/pw_patch.zip?dl=0

Im thinking on uploading other game ..but hey music. Is from tv show ost not the game itself

Going to try this (v4) patch later today and report back.
Also on the v3 patch the initial buzz (screeching) right after booting the rom was back (was fixed on v2).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 30 Dec 2017 - 6:48 by Conn

I added v4 to first post, but it will surely buzz agan:
Code:

msuPlay:
   STA $2004
   STZ $2005
   STZ $2006
Looks like pev built his patch upon the old code where 2006 wasn't shifted yet.
But that's easy to fix in a v5 Wink

The difference between v2 and v3 (shifted 2006) most likely can't be responsible for the re-occurring bug. I suspect this to be random/reset or something.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 30 Dec 2017 - 9:03 by alex_com

Ok so far so good, not a single buzz with v4! Maybe the PCMs need to be normalized at -18db, because the issue with the helicopter engine noise (Almost no engine noise when you speed up and take off) in the secret missions remains.
Thanks for fixing it so quick!

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 30 Dec 2017 - 9:53 by Conn

Unexpected since 2006 is at original place (at least in the asm, but maybe pev fixed.something else, so that this is working). In any case I'm happy to hear this might be the final version Smile

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 30 Dec 2017 - 21:44 by Conn

Revising the bug was a problem with  $01a26c,that should play track 8 and was nopped out in v5, so that spc is played here now.
Deeper dgging by pev revealed that the counter pushes values between 00 and ff to 2004.

I wonder if a solution like this works (just add the code to the current asm)
Edit: the zip v4 by kurrono contains 2 asm and I of course checked the wrong. Sorry.

Code:

org $01a26c
JSR track8

track8:
 PHA ;
 LDA $2002 ;
 CMP #$53 ;
 BEQ msuTrack8 ;  new play directive
 PLA ;
 STA $2140 ;
 RTS ;

msuTrack8:
 PLA
 STA $2140 ;
 cmp #$08. ;do we have track 08? Yes, play it...
 Bne $03
 JSR playInGame
 Jsr muteSpc ; if not mute the spc, I'm not sure whether this is right to cal here
 RTS

If it doesn't work, you could give me a Geiger savestate right before  $01a26c is called and I can try when I'm back on my laptop Wink

Edit:
the current v4 has 2 asm inside...  seems I took the wrong to check 2006 in my posts.above. Such things cause confusion.. also the code above is for the outdated asm. Cannot adjust it for the current because I do not know what the nopped out code overwrites here

;org $01a26a ; Tony,Shirley,Lance are Rescued
;JSL aScreenL08
; NOP

without being able to open the rom. But it may give pev an idea what to do Smile

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 4 Jan 2018 - 17:29 by Conn

download v5 in first post, fixed the track 08 issue

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 5 Jan 2018 - 7:43 by Shiryu

Perhaps one of you guys can help me out with this pickle:

Using both VGMTrans and nintSPC to convert the SPC files from SNEsmusic.org into midi for Pilotwings results in dozens of midi files from the main title theme alone instead of each individual track. This is the first time I have seen this behaviour when converting supported game music into midi. I don't want to use the midi files from VGMusic for my upcoming arrangement/remix projects, I want the most accurate, 1:1 spc to midi transformations possible. Any help?

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Fri 5 Jan 2018 - 11:04 by kurrono

I use spc2midi..but for some songs spc2midi is not god enough..the song come bad in some games

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 5 Jan 2018 - 11:06 by Shiryu

Thanks, I will give it a shot, but in my experience spc2midi has very poor results most of the time.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Fri 5 Jan 2018 - 11:26 by kurrono

The one can explain bout using vgmtrans and nintspc is arcade tvnhis taking long making his music..but it will be awesome whrn he release demons crest with his music

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 5 Jan 2018 - 11:28 by Shiryu

Got it, thanks.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Fri 5 Jan 2018 - 15:49 by kurrono

Shiryu have u tested the stage of the helicopter..im not good at that stage haha...always get shot!!.. if it plays msu musicnor if still crashes? Pleasr let us know your skillful on that stage

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 5 Jan 2018 - 15:55 by Shiryu

I haven't had much time since Xmas but the "trick" is to either go as high as you can and just never fly straight until you take out all gun emplacements near the landing zone or if you feel confident fly as low as 1 or 2 altitude bars and just fly straight into the landing zone, missing out all gun emplacements while at it. Pilotwings was my 3rd PAL game I bought back in 1992, as such I have done everything there is to do on that game.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 5 Jan 2018 - 19:06 by pev

It did not crash and the correct track played.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Fri 5 Jan 2018 - 22:18 by kurrono

Awesome but how Conn fix3d that..? The code looks the same as u had it.what Conn change in the code?

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 5 Jan 2018 - 23:30 by pev

Never really bothered to check the asm. I trust Conn's word and his requests. He is a living embodiment of the Nike mantra of "Just Do It". His word alone goes above Chuck Norris's mere existence. One misplaced jump routine from Conn's code can destroy the fabric of space time as we know it.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Fri 5 Jan 2018 - 23:55 by kurrono

He he so,u believe. In the real god..i see.. mantra .. .i can see that.. The truth behind a story..interesting!!!

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 6 Jan 2018 - 7:08 by Conn

Eh? *lol Very Happy

The fix was easy:
Code:

aScreenL08:
   CMP #$00
   BNE $05
   LDA #$08 ; run normal msu Routine if A is 00 to play track 08 (avoid loading msu between 01-FF)
   JMP aScreenL
   LDA $2002
   CMP #$53
   BEQ $06  ; make spc mute if in msu mode
   LDA #$08  ; if in spc mode, execute native code
   STA $2140
   RTL
   LDA #$00
   STA $2140
   RTL
you get there with a $00 in the Accumulator, this value I used to play the msu theme $08. When you get repeatedly there (values 01-FF), the msu play routine is skipped.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sat 6 Jan 2018 - 8:24 by kurrono

Awesome job Conn..u always got the solution.
Impressive!!

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 6 Jan 2018 - 12:02 by alex_com

Plays great on sd2snes too, no other bugs so far.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 28 May 2020 - 14:32 by VVV18

There are two PCM's in the PCM's, right?
Thank you!!!

PCM 17...

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 28 May 2020 - 15:16 by Relikk

One looks like the original WAV file that they must have forgot to delete.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next