Toy Story

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Toy Story - Page 3 Empty Toy Story

PepilloPEV/Conn's patch v1.0b5:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/131voy1n0c2nic7/ts-msu1-patch-pepillopev-v1.0b5.zip/file

enmet's PC RedBook Audio v2 and Sega Genesis PCM set:
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/bhmhhwhb0oqe9kmpgawxlxp293dzos0s

Last edited by pepillopev on Mon 25 May 2020 - 19:12; edited 47 times in total
pev

Toy Story - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Toy Story :: Comments

Conn

Post Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 17:34 by Conn

That test would be important to see whether it's a code or emulator issue, it'd have been only a launch on bsnes, not a play. But well... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 18:31 by pev

Conn, I'm beginning to suspect that Snes9x is not tolerant to non-optimized code (something an amateur coder, like myself, cannot achieve at this time). This may be the case here. I'm not as knowledgeable on finding the best way to code the patch.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 19:29 by darthvaderx

My dears:

Toy Story (USA).sfc + ts-msu1-patch-pepillopev-v1.0b5 + New TSPC tracks =

RUNS PERFECTLY!!!

I do not know what you did, but now it's perfect, in BSnes-Classic the old version was also giving defects, but with much less clipping.

Last edited by darthvaderx on Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 20:32; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 19:55 by pev

Glad to hear that. It seems that the changes Conn made helped out. Now, I wonder if enmet tested the game with 1.0beta5 to see if his issues are addressed.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 20:05 by darthvaderx

"ts-msu1-patch-pepillopev-v1.0b4" has the same result (I did not play the whole game), meaning the difference is in the new tracks that Enmet has made available.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 20:34 by pev

What still bothers me is that I do not get that audio cracking/clipping issue on Snex9x as much (it happens, but not as much compared to your description).

On Bsnes073+3a, it runs great without the audio issue.

I'm on Windows 10 running on an AMD Quad Core with 16GB RAM (with the Spectre/Meltdown patch installed). Supposedly this gives the system a performance hit.

My guess your hardware is probably equal or way better than mine. Though, I do not have a Windows 7 to test on. Kurrono does, I can have him to test.

Either way, I'm still wondering too if Snes9x is just not as tolerant to my code as Bsnes. It could just be how this patch was coded too. I'm not ignoring that possibility.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 21:07 by Conn

Ah, I guessed it was a pcm issue, but when I recommended to test with other pcm:s, I think you tested super mario world, and here you had the same issues...
so it remains a mystery for me.

Anyways, it would be a good idea if you post the new pcm:s in the first post, Pev (if you haven't already Wink ) I lost the overview here with all the strike, and maybe only have one patch version for download (v4, or v5 as you prefer) Very Happy

Last edited by Conn on Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 21:12; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 21:08 by darthvaderx

My PC is already very old:

i7 2600K
Maximus IV Estreme-Z
16 GB Corsair Dominator GT (4 x 4)
MSi Gtx580 Twin Frozr II/OC 1536 MB 384 bits GDDR5

and... Razz (Conn)

Toy Story - Page 3 Thermaltake-level-10

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 21:12 by pev

Like I said you probably have a better system than mine. And that is not old. That is way better than mine.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 21:17 by pev

Conn, it is posted. After this, I am truly done for a while (coder's burn out).

Sent from Topic'it App

Last edited by pepillopev on Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 21:36; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 21:17 by darthvaderx

Next month I will update it with a GTX1080 Ti. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 21:19 by pev

Are those video cards hard to get? I keep hearing stories that cryptominers are driving up prices.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 21:24 by darthvaderx

Yes, and here in Brazil almost doubled in price, but I found a store with old stock, it arrives for me at the beginning of February.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 21:39 by pev

Yeah, I'll stick with my Radeon HD 7900 3GB GDDDR5 for now. Only reason I got this card is because it supports up to 3 monitors (which is how I have it set up in my office). It is too expensive to upgrade. Plus I really do not play a lot of games on my PC (mostly retrogames here). I play on my Xbone and PS4 every now and then.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 21:49 by darthvaderx

Neither do I, but new emulators like Cemu need a card like that and I have not even upgraded my PC since 2011, so the time is right ...
(And I also want to play FFXV PC Edition, I've stopped buying consoles for a long time.)

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 21:54 by pev

Yeah, that makes sense. I can see that being a good justified reason to upgrade.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 5:25 by Conn

Conn, it is posted. After this, I am truly done for a while (coder's burn out).
Me too. I truly stop after SMW2 I think. Very Happy

Enmet reported some further bugs however, dunno whether they need to be addressed:

I haven't been able to do a lot of testing recently but I noticed that Food and Drink and Sid's Workbench didn't not loop for some reason, maybe it just happened on that one occassion, but it's easily fixed by pausing and unpausing.

After beating the game and watching the credits roll, the SPC Main Menu music will play along with PCM A Buzz Clip at the very same time.
The first sounds like a wrong loop value (01 in the table) that gets fixed through pausing/unpausing, where always a 03 is stored...

Then I am really sorry, I gave you wrong advice in the "bugfix", here's to clarify (no need to rechange it however)
$99/FA96 8D 40 21    STA $2140  ($80:2140)   A:0483 X:0002 Y:0001 D:0000 DB:80 S:01F1

As you can see, short addressing takes the bank from the DB. So if you take the long
$99/FA96 8F 40 21 00    STA $002140  ($00:2140)   A:0483 X:0002 Y:0001 D:0000 DB:80 S:01F1
the DB is not taken into account.

The short addressing gets problematic if you have 7E or 7F in DB:
$99/FA96 8D 40 21    STA $2140  ($7E:2140)   A:0483 X:0002 Y:0001 D:0000 DB:7E S:01F1
Then it will save the value into ram instead to the dsp register.

So your long addressing was in any case correct- sorry also I am still learning. I remembered incorrectly and I had the case when I had the 7E in DB and it bugged. But short in corrected v5 doesn't make a difference since it is 80 in the DB and thus has the same effect as 002140.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 7:19 by pev

Conn, I am not sure if Enmet's issue was based out of an earlier version of the patch. If he responds with the same problem with v5 I will look into it.

The thing is, that he cannot use save states. I found out a long time ago, save states on certain ocasions retains elements of previous patches and can fool you.

This is why I play all over again, from start to finish and see if the latest patch did not break anything else.

I may do a full play over but again it all depends if I have time.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 22 Mar 2022 - 2:21 by Zacktheasdfguy

You Did A Great Job. Hope You Keep Impressing People With Your Skills.

Back to top Go down

Mr. Wubbzy

Post Mon 2 Oct 2023 - 4:02 by Mr. Wubbzy

I'm doing my own PCM set, but there's barely any MIDI rips of the soundtrack! Can somebody help me?
I've currently finished the tracks "Nightmare Buzz" & "You've Got a Friend In Me".
And I'm currently waiting on doing the Main Menu theme.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3