Trials of Mana / Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2)

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Trials of Mana / Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2) - Page 4 Empty Trials of Mana / Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2)

Patch (v6 21th June 24 - mana holyland fixed):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/4j5yQCiY#WoVekp2JkcjPKcrbnFpbNXWeSyiS-euMccGaTywHBeo
Note:
Apply on japanese Seiken Densetsu 3 (or already pre-translated) rom. The patch is compatible with all translation patches. An English, German and Spanish translation patch can be found in the patch folder!
It also works with Trials of Mana

OST PCM Set by RedScorpion: *
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!6uYjRTaD!X2OJ_w5wkvk2wxo8A-n7qtURjpB5laptDt0aM7wNkgE
Remastered PCM Set by RedScorpion:
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!rq4mgbzQ!Pc0_0C2m9SpNaNNLM9YlV1PP9-pJ1Pm9cSkXE5Hx6RM
Correct Theme 75:
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10TkcoiKvT7-m5ixE1T3eDer01U8TI3pz/view?usp=sharing]som2_msu-75.pcm

SeikenDensetsu3 - Songs of Light and Darkness by OC ReMix / PCM Set by darthvaderx (v3: pcm 75 corrected)
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JrpoAovKnxKh7W3xWvdMp5TH6aOu_qUa/view?usp=sharing

Trials of Mana Remake (Unreal Engine (switch, PS4)) by emuandco
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/ZyBFBb7R#-3uHAqePN3Vr1KdSx-gvbSCk_XDGG8sekzHLEbDnymk
YouTube Preview

*Note to Red's pcm pack:
1) Download first the OST set (SOM2_OST.zip) and unpack the pcm:s into your msu folder. Not all 75 tracks have been remastered, so this is the base pcm set which consists of (high quality) spc resembling pcm themes.
2) Download the Remastered set (SOM2_Remastered.zip) and unpack the files into your msu folder by replacing the existing themes (35 remastered tracks were found, but many of the remaining spc resembling themes are sfx anyways, so a big part could be covered).
3) Theme 75 was was mapped wrong, use the single download pcm and overwrite the existing with this one

Last edited by Conn on Mon 11 Mar 2024 - 15:09; edited 37 times in total
Conn
Conn

Trials of Mana / Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2) - Page 4 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Trials of Mana / Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2) :: Comments

Conn

Post Sat 22 Jun 2019 - 11:29 by Conn

Alright, I check in a few hours when back home. What do I need to do after loaded slot 2 to encounter the bug?

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 22 Jun 2019 - 11:36 by darthvaderx

Get in at the end of the cave, find the firestone, face the big boss, and get Salamando.

Last edited by darthvaderx on Sat 22 Jun 2019 - 12:48; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 22 Jun 2019 - 12:21 by darthvaderx

Which Snes9x version you are using? I tried what you indicated to me in a previous post but it is very old and does not have MSU-1 support.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 22 Jun 2019 - 14:26 by Conn

Ok, third attempt. I just tried to load your srm, it wasn't recognized. Then I looked into it (hex editor) and found only value 60.

It is definitely no savestate. Are you sure you sent the correct file?

I'm using snes9x 1.58, but as stated before I can't trace anything with it, since ONLY geiger has a debugger function. I'd need a GEIGER savestate as I too previously stated. I gave the link a couple of posts ago:
http://geigercount.net/crypt/gsd/snes9x1.51.ep10r2.7z

Even if it does not support msu it has a debugger and thus I can trace also msu stuff.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 22 Jun 2019 - 15:01 by Conn

Ok, don't mind, I found a savestate in the internet, checked and after getting Salamando, the theme is really played until you leave the area.

But:
If you watch this video:
https://youtu.be/n5EIkoDzQws?t=251

You will see that this IS what is supposed to be! Also the native version plays this theme here until you leave the caves Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 22 Jun 2019 - 15:19 by darthvaderx

Sorry again Sad

Next time I'll check any questions before posting, but so far has not given any problem and looks like it will continue like this.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 22 Jun 2019 - 16:07 by Conn

Don't mind. Problematic are themes that interrupt the normal game music, like level up, canon and this fairy theme. If there aren't more, we're safe.

Since the salamando theme does not stop unless you leave the area, here's a bug scenario: imagine you rescue him, the fairy theme is played, on the way outside  of the cave you level up. Since I made the fairy theme an exception, the game will resume with the area theme instead the fairy theme then.
But we can live with this, right?

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 23 Jun 2019 - 21:07 by darthvaderx

Oops, now it's a real bug, at Mana's shrine after the fairy is kidnapped, you have to use the Flammie drum to call the Flammie and leave the place, but continues to play the music presented in the sanctuary and at the same time the PCM 40, but the SNES normal version and not the MSU-1 (minutes earlier when we flew with Flammie for the first time, the MSU-1 version was played). Worst bug I've ever encountered in the game so far:

som2_msu1.srm

(First slot, go south of the sanctuary taking several detours.)

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 24 Jun 2019 - 5:22 by Conn

alright, this time your srm worked Very Happy

v6 in first post, ips size 497 bytes

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 25 Jun 2019 - 9:20 by darthvaderx

Finally!!! Game finished and no more problems detected (at least in Duran's campaign), I made a volume adjustment also in PCM 14 because I found the sound very loud, it's already incorporated in the set. Finally Conn, thank you for the patience and all the work you had to make this Hack perfect, you're the guy !!!

Wink

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 25 Jun 2019 - 10:02 by Conn

I am also relieved Razz

It's funny that some bugs are encountered months later, I also had that briefly ago with Super Mario Allstars where the ending played the incorrect theme, or Pev with MMX. We hack developers are dependent on playtests, so also much thanks to you for the time you spent! So you're the guy as well Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 28 Jun 2019 - 22:12 by darthvaderx

I finally found the lost track !!!

In the Redscorpion's set the PCMs 63 and 75 are the same, but researching I discovered that in fact they should be completely different tracks:

PCM 63 = "Reincarnation" theme (Kevin's first flashback, Karl's death).

PCM 75 = "Legends" theme (flight of Flammie after defeating the last boss).

So I did this last fix on the set putting the right PCM 75 (remix) and changing the documentation, please change the title to V3 Final.

Finally for those who are using the Redscorpion's set, this would be the right PCM 75:

som2_msu-75.pcm
Thanks for everything again. Razz (Conn)

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 29 Jun 2019 - 4:10 by Conn

ok, I edited first post accordingly. Good that you found it! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 19 Apr 2020 - 0:06 by darthvaderx

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 1 Jun 2020 - 5:57 by Conn

Emuandco just pm:ed me with a new pcm set for the Trials of Mana Remake (Unreal Engine).

Find the set in the first post. Small problem is the name convention (som2_msu-x.pcm vs tom_msu1-x.pcm). When using this set you can either rename the sfc and msu file to match the pcm names or use bulk rename utility:
https://www.zeldix.net/t2079-bulk-rename-utitlity
to rename the pcm files.

This is fixed now, please re-download Smile

Back to top Go down

emuandco

Post Tue 2 Jun 2020 - 7:28 by emuandco

Made a lil video showing the remaster pack:

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 2 Jun 2020 - 7:43 by Conn

Much thanks for all your efforts Very Happy
I added your video as link below your set in first post.

Back to top Go down

emuandco

Post Tue 2 Jun 2020 - 8:12 by emuandco

You're welcome ^^. This game deserves all effort possible as it is still one of the best RPGs out there ^^ If anyone finds a bug, PM me and I fix it. And don't forget to buy the remaster for the platform of your choice. The remastering efforts from Square need support!

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 28 Jun 2020 - 15:41 by Killerdog

Hi, everybody.

Did you try to patch with the french sd3_msu1.bps ?

Wenether i try to patch a rom with this patch it fail.

i try with several version of SD3 :

Seiken Densetsu 3 (J) [T+Eng1.01_NCorlett+LNFT].smc
Trials of Mana (U).smc
Seiken Densetsu 3 (Japan).sfc

and got a message : Patch application as failed! with beat v01

I check and all of this rom don't have a header.

I need some help please.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 28 Jun 2020 - 16:39 by Conn

Seiken Densetsu 3 (Japan).sfc worked for me (check pm).

Edit,
updated the readme in the french folder with correct rom info (redownload from first post).

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 29 Jun 2020 - 1:20 by Killerdog

Conn wrote:Seiken Densetsu 3 (Japan).sfc worked for me (check pm).

Edit,
updated the readme in the french folder with correct rom info (redownload from first post).

Thanks, it's working now Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 11 Mar 2024 - 13:53 by Geekfox

The link for Trials of Mana remake PCM pack by emuandco went dead. There's no mirror of the pack elsewhere.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4