Axelay

Go down

Axelay

PepilloPEV Patch:
Note: Only latest Bsnes that requires no XML and Snes9x supported. Sd2snes not yet tested
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5ms8knsmwkvjbga/AACxHsAgMqes4qTON1rKTXk1a?dl=0

PepilloPEV Arranged PCMs:
https://app.box.com/s/8a3xfc4brrhtbl3fb0th0akhyrggff6b

pepillopev

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Axelay :: Comments

Post on Sun 1 Apr 2018 - 16:37 by Shiryu

Video up!

Thank you for your work on this, one of my favourite games of all time. Hope I find the time in the future to work on this soundtrack.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 1 Apr 2018 - 18:00 by pepillopev

Mine too.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 5:19 by Shadowrun

I need to check this one !
thanks for your great work !

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 8:48 by Señor Ventura

This is one of the most expected!!

Maybe it has sound effects at very low bitrate, but with the new music it gets much more impressive.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 13:50 by pepillopev

Señor Ventura wrote:This is one of the most expected!!

Maybe it has sound effects at very low bitrate, but with the new music it gets much more impressive.

I have no control over the standard Axelay sound effects. The MSU-1 can only handle one audio stream at a time (so cannot use that to enhanced the sound effects). Sorry, this is a hardware limitation, nothing to do with the code.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 16:41 by Señor Ventura

pepillopev wrote:
Señor Ventura wrote:This is one of the most expected!!

I have no control over the standard Axelay sound effects. The MSU-1 can only handle one audio stream at a time (so cannot use that to enhanced the sound effects). Sorry, this is a hardware limitation, nothing to do with the code.

Yes, i know, i only was mentioning about the quality of the samples that used konami in this game Smile

P.D: In fact there is no hardware limitation, but a very low bit sample rate, the spc700 can do it better.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 16:48 by pepillopev

Senor Ventura wrote:P.D: In fact there is no hardware limitation, but a very low bit sample rate, the spc700 can do it better.

The limitation I was talking about is the MSU-1, it can only play one audio stream at the time. I never said anything about the SPC700.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 17:38 by qwertymodo

It is possible that the SFX sound better with MSU-1 than with the original audio, even though the MSU-1 doesn't directly affect the SFX at all.  The reason for this is because of the fact that the original SPC, used for both music and SFX, only had 8 channels.  Some games reserved channels for SFX and only used the remaining channels for music.  Other games allowed the music to use all 8 channels, but then overwrote some channels when playing SFX.  If the game uses the latter procedure, replacing the music with MSU-1 means that the game is never using any of the SPC channels for music, so there will never be any channel conflicts, and the SFX will always play exactly as intended, without missing any channels.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 17:46 by pepillopev

Qwerty, I appreciate your explanation but it is not necessary. I believe this just a misunderstanding due to the language barrier. I misunderstood Senor Ventura's original comment as the MSU-1 affecting the SPC700s bitrate for this game only.

With this in mind, I just made the comment there is nothing I can do on how the game's original SPC700 programming was made with regards to the sound effects.

If the MSU-1 was able to address more channels then I could have supplemented better sound effect samples by muting the flawed original spc700 ones in this game (since, I do not know how to do it yet via SPC700 programming method, only MSU-1 way). That is all. I hope this clears the confusion.

This is not the only time I had communication issues with Senor Ventura. He does not speak English natively and Google Translate (or whatever he uses) is not perfect.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 18:22 by Señor Ventura

pepillopev wrote:This is not the only time I had communication issues with Senor Ventura. He does not speak English natively and Google Translate (or whatever he uses) is not perfect.

I don't use google, i try to write by myself ^^

I have this sensation sometimes too, specially when i use the "that" to connect two sentences. In spanish it always carries an article, but in english it seems not, or not always...

Anyway, i wish to ask something about the thing with the spc channels, now that it just had come out in the conversation, Could it be possible to sum more channels for sounds? (not to add more sound effects, but for not to be muted).

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 18:25 by pepillopev

@Senor Ventura: I'm sorry, my friend but I am not the one that can help you with this problem. I am still learning the nuisances that come with SNES programming. I know very little about how the SPC700 works myself (still learning). Pretty sure someone here will respond to your request.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 18:29 by pepillopev

@Qwertymoto: I do apologize if you took offense to my last comment. I meant no ill-intentions, still, I could have worded more eloquently without sounding too rash. I know you meant well by adding more to the conversation (you just came in during the chaos). Maybe you can help Senor Ventura out with his question?

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum