Axelay

Go down

Axelay

PepilloPEV Patch [2019-02-21]*: LINK
PepilloPEV Arranged PCMs [2019-02-21]*: LINK
TRACK MAP

* Note: This patch was re-coded and now stands at version 1.1 (as of February 21, 2019). This patch fixes the weird sounding and/or missing FX sounds in different stages. Partial SPC fall back has been incorporated into this patch (meaning only supported MSU PCMs have fall back if not present). You will also need to re-download the PCMs. There are fewer PCMs since I only MSU'ed the ones that had re-masters, everything else was left as SPC.

Last edited by pepillopev on Mon 25 Feb 2019 - 12:41; edited 17 times in total
pepillopev

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Axelay :: Comments

Post on Sun 1 Apr 2018 - 16:37 by Shiryu

Video up!

Thank you for your work on this, one of my favourite games of all time. Hope I find the time in the future to work on this soundtrack.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 1 Apr 2018 - 18:00 by pepillopev

Mine too.

Back to top Go down

Shadowrun

Post on Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 5:19 by Shadowrun

I need to check this one !
thanks for your great work !

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 8:48 by Señor Ventura

This is one of the most expected!!

Maybe it has sound effects at very low bitrate, but with the new music it gets much more impressive.

Back to top Go down

qwertymodo

Post on Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 17:38 by qwertymodo

It is possible that the SFX sound better with MSU-1 than with the original audio, even though the MSU-1 doesn't directly affect the SFX at all.  The reason for this is because of the fact that the original SPC, used for both music and SFX, only had 8 channels.  Some games reserved channels for SFX and only used the remaining channels for music.  Other games allowed the music to use all 8 channels, but then overwrote some channels when playing SFX.  If the game uses the latter procedure, replacing the music with MSU-1 means that the game is never using any of the SPC channels for music, so there will never be any channel conflicts, and the SFX will always play exactly as intended, without missing any channels.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum