Axelay

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Axelay - Page 2 Empty Axelay

P  A  T  C  H  E  S

MSU-1/FastRom Patch v1.2 Merged (by PepilloPeV & Vitor) [2021-04-14]*:
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/z3747btoui3rwwb/MSU1_AFR_ROM_Patch_PepilloPeV_v1.2.rar/file

MSU-1 Patch v1.1 for Stock ROM (by PepilloPeV) [2021-11-12]*:
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/s3pnhSRJ#_mdvO2HZ9anjdNGHv039gjOH_ZhpU6-KaRTI-EyHLhU

S  O  U  N  D     P  A  C  K  S

PepilloPEV Arranged+SPC Hybrid Sound Pack [2019-02-21]*:
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/8a3xfc4brrhtbl3fb0th0akhyrggff6b

T R A C K    M A P
Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BlcCNWpP5OdbBEbJNf2oXkTtH_fe9fzX8uOuB6Ho8ws/edit?usp=sharing

* Note: There are now two MSU-1 patches listed above. The first one has MSU-1 + Vitor's FastROM merged as one. The second is just for MSU-1 support. Both patches required the original "Axelay USA" ROM with CRC of F812B533.

Last edited by pepillopev on Fri 12 Nov 2021 - 9:09; edited 24 times in total
pev

Axelay - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Axelay :: Comments

Post Thu 15 Apr 2021 - 11:03 by pev

supermeiaman wrote:I can't make the merged patch work, for the life of me...
You are doing nothing wrong. I made a mistake when creating the BPS patch file. Please standby while I fix it.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 15 Apr 2021 - 12:31 by pev

@supermeiaman Ok, I found the mistake in the batch file. It is corrected now and it works as intended. Please clear your browser web cache and redownload the patch. Apologies for this mishap.

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Thu 15 Apr 2021 - 12:37 by Retroplay

I was wondering about that as I had no problems applying the patch the usual way.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 15 Apr 2021 - 12:38 by supermeiaman

Thanks, it works now.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 15 Apr 2021 - 12:39 by pev

Retroplay wrote:I was wondering about that as I had no problems applying the patch the usual way.
Yup, mistakes will happen when doing a bunch of projects at once, lol. So, it is up to you guys to guides us back to the "light" side.
Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 15 Apr 2021 - 12:40 by pev

supermeiaman wrote:Thanks, it works now.
Yup, as it should. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 15 Apr 2021 - 12:42 by pev

VVV18 wrote:As for Gradius 3 / Contra 3, SA1 in both not only slows down, it also puts a type of save too, that is: now the option to save scores and such accumulates and some tricks too, in Contra 3 Restoration + SA1, if you do the 30 life trick etc, you will be saved forever, even if you turn off the video game, already in Gradius 3 in the same way, if you do the Arcade difficulty trick in options (A, A, A, A, A, A this trick will be saved every time you play, as well as the score, so in my opinion, I think these merged patches are worth it, thank you !!!
Hmm, I do not recall anything about saving scores for Vitor's latest patch. Only thing that is stated there is the enemies are slowed down to match non-SA1 speeds.

As for Contra III, the restoration was purely a one off thing. I normally do not deal with feature creeping/trolling stuff that much. If it is worth it, sure, I will do it for other games; but not always.
VVV18 wrote:...it also puts a type of save too...
This feature, to the best of my knowledge, was already present in Gradius III SA-1 v1.5 patch.

Last edited by pepillopev on Sun 18 Apr 2021 - 14:37; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 15 Apr 2021 - 14:11 by GeneralMorden

Tested on SD2SNES PRO i had an sound issue in level 4. Anyone else?

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 15 Apr 2021 - 14:13 by pev

GeneralMorden wrote:Tested on SD2SNES PRO i had an sound issue in level 4. Anyone else?
Save a state before Stage 4 and send it to me via PM to see what you are talking about. I have the flashcart to test. Is it buzzing sound?

Last edited by pepillopev on Sun 18 Apr 2021 - 14:38; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 15 Apr 2021 - 14:30 by GeneralMorden

pepillopev wrote:Save a state before Stage 4 and send it to me via PM to see what you are talking about. I have the flashcart to test. Is it buzzing sound?
Yes it is a buzzing sound. I also test it on retroarch with snes9x core. In level 4 only the normal spc is playing.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 15 Apr 2021 - 14:55 by pev

GeneralMorden wrote:Yes it is a buzzing sound. I also test it on retroarch with snes9x core. In level 4 only the normal spc is playing.
Simple question, are you using the latest PCM pack? If level 4 is playing SPC, that means the PCM is not present for this level. I played with RetroArch Snes9x and had no problems. I am currently testing on SD2SNES Pro and almost to level 4 to see what you are talking about.

UPDATE: This is what I have on my SD2SNES Pro on my Super Nintendo PAL with auto-region switch installed...

When does this buzz occur? Also, MSU-1 is playing correctly on Level 4 on my SD2SNES Pro. Hearing a buzz tells me the tracks are wrongly named or missing. I have not coded an exception to ignore non-present tracks for this game, so buzz will occur in this case.

Is the naming convention correct? I called this patch axefr-msu1 (as oppose to the original being axe-msu1). Is this what you have for your folder layout...

Axelay - Page 2 Image_12

If not, I would rename the your PCM files accordingly. I can add a batch file to the old PCM set to rename the files to reflect axefr-msu1. Even though this is trivial, as anyone can do this on their own.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 15 Apr 2021 - 15:09 by GeneralMorden

pepillopev wrote:Hearing a buzz tells me the tracks are wrongly named or missing. I have not coded an exception to ignore non-present tracks for this game, so buzz will occur in this case.
I am very sorry. My mistake. The patch works correctly. I accidentally deleted the track....

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 15 Apr 2021 - 15:12 by pev

GeneralMordem wrote:I am very sorry. My mistake. The patch works correctly. I accidentally deleted the track....
No problem. I am glad you resolved the issue. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 22 May 2021 - 17:30 by Mekeninzo

The newest patch v1.2 on Google Drive tells me I can't download because it has a virus. Please fix T_T

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 22 May 2021 - 17:57 by pev

Mekeninzo wrote:The newest patch v1.2 on Google Drive tells me I can't download because it has a virus. Please fix T_T
There is nothing to fix. Google is pulling a false positive. It is safe to ignore the message and download it.

Click the button that is in red and it will download just fine.
Axelay - Page 2 2021-012

I created the python script and converted it to exe. The exe is safe. All the script does just check for the CRC of the ROM and patch the game. If CRC fails it won't patch and you will get a message it failed. If you don't trust the script, than just use the flips.exe inside the _tools folder to patch the ROM. I cannot patch paranoia.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 22 May 2021 - 20:27 by Señor Ventura

Mekeninzo wrote:The newest patch v1.2 on Google Drive tells me I can't download because it has a virus. Please fix T_T

Only executables contains virus... “.pcm” files doesn’t contain any potential risk of any kind.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 22 May 2021 - 20:38 by pev

Señor Ventura wrote:Only executables contains virus... “.pcm” files doesn’t contain any potential risk of any kind.
Not entirely true. Virus/Trojan horses can be embedded into images and audio formats too. But, this is not what Mekeninzo is referring to.

Somehow, Google Drive falsely flagged my python script converted to exe as a virus. I created it to make it much simpler to patch and avoid the typical "patch did not work" scenarios. But no matter how hard one tries to simplify things, stuff just back fires, lol.

I will probably just go back to the simple batch file to avoid this unnecessary panic. There is no virus in this case, just a false virus flag set by Google Drive. Mekeninzo was genuinely worried it was a virus. Google Drive made it seem scary, lol. Like before, I cannot patch "Google" paranoia, lol.

UPDATE: I moved the patch to a different host since Google Drive is false flagging the patch script as a virus. Again, it is safe to use. You can just use the **flips.exe** file in the _tools folder if you are the non-trusting type. Much luck.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 24 May 2021 - 6:52 by Mekeninzo

Didn't know I had the option of downloading anyway. It told me only the owner can download the file. I'll try it again. Thanks.

I wasn't worried about viruses because I know you guys have safe downloads. I just wanted the file lol. Thanks for switching to a different host.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 24 May 2021 - 7:21 by pev

@Mekeninzo Axelay - Page 2 1f44d

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 12 Nov 2021 - 0:15 by bahsura

Hi there! Thanks for this amazing work. I think the MSU-1 Patch v1.1 (by PepilloPeV) [2019-02-21] link is down and also I can't find the axefr-msu1.msu file in the MSU-1 + Fastrom merged Patch v1.2. Is this expected? Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 12 Nov 2021 - 4:08 by Conn

Doesn't work for me too. I wait whether Pev creates maybe a new link, until then you can use this link (temporary only):
https://www.file-upload.net/download-14745788/axe-msu1-patch-pepillopev-v1.1.zip.html

You simply can make a new textfile and rename that into text.txt (with extension) into gamename.msu. The msu file normally is a 0 byte file which only tells to emulate in msu mode

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 12 Nov 2021 - 9:12 by pev

bahsura wrote:...I can't find the axefr-msu1.msu file in the MSU-1 + Fastrom merged Patch v1.2. Is this expected? Cheers!
Per the instructions included in the README.MD file, important are steps 2 through 4, see below...

Code:
#1 Use Google or other search engine to find the "Axelay (USA).sfc" ROM

#2 Rename the ROM to "in.sfc" and place in the "in" folder. You must have a SFC file extension!.

#3 Execute the "patchGame.bat" file

#4 If CRC matches, you will find two files located in the "out" folder as...
   -> axefr-msu1.sfc
   -> axefr-msu1.msu
   *Note: If CRC does not match, you will get a warning message and the patch process will abort!

#5 Copy the two files from step 4, along with the supported sound pack, to either:
   - SD2SNES or Emulator of choice as...
      * axefr-msu1.sfc
      * axefr-msu1.msu
      * axefr-msu1-x.pcm (where X are the PCM track numbers)

#6 Enjoy the game. Thanks for playing!

If correct ROM was present, the game will be patched and sent to the OUT folder and the MSU file will be generated along with in the same OUT folder.

@Conn Link updated.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum