Mortal Kombat 3 & Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mortal Kombat 3 & Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - Page 2 Empty Mortal Kombat 3 & Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

-  Patches  -

Mortal Kombat 3 Patch (by Conn):
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/mk3_msu1_patch.zip

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Patch (by Conn):
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/umk3_msu1_patch.zip

-  PCM Packs  -

Mortal Kombat 3 Arcade PCM's (by Relikk):
Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmouiwBQnhNU-q8zTc08?e=kgnwY8

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Arcade PCM's (by Relikk):
Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmouin_QrKgA7hCMvafE?e=3bL6jb

Note: When compared to the arcade version, the default SNES MK3 ROM plays different stage themes on two stages. They are Shao Kahn's Tower and The Pit 3. In UMK3, every stage plays a different theme than the arcade version. To fix this there is an optional "arcade_tracks.ips" patch in each zip that restores the stage themes and makes them arcade perfect.

Last edited by Relikk on Tue 10 Jan 2023 - 13:29; edited 5 times in total
Relikk
Relikk

Mortal Kombat 3 & Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Mortal Kombat 3 & Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 :: Comments

D2DEZEL

Post Fri 14 May 2021 - 7:05 by D2DEZEL

hello, it is I who merged the two files I had not seen the bug. I updated the file. thanks everybody Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 14 May 2021 - 14:36 by Lucas Dext5r

ComboMan wrote:
Relikk wrote:
ComboMan wrote:It still has the glitched Chapel.

Is this in the deluxe hack?

No, the deluxe hack is fine.  It's when adding the MSU-1 patch with it that glitches the Chapel.  Also, the hack that has the MSU-1 patch already integrated with it has the glitched Chapel as well.

That, they had already told me that when inserting MSU-1 in this hack, the temple bugged the colors. But this stage can no longer be changed, since it has already been distributed in a free space on the ROM.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 14 May 2021 - 16:37 by Conn

That, they had already told me that when inserting MSU-1 in this hack, the temple bugged the colors. But this stage can no longer be changed, since it has already been distributed in a free space on the ROM.
The deluxe patch used space at FF/FD00, where also the msu code was placed (resulting in the bugs.
In the new version, I shifted the code to FF/FA00 which is not used by the deluxe, so it should work fine now

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 23 May 2021 - 8:34 by darthvaderx

Is arcade_tracks.ips compatible with UMK3DX?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 23 May 2021 - 9:25 by Conn

The arcade changes a few bytes, it is not merged with any other hack, so you'd need to apply both,MSU and this arcade hack for its effect.
I also don't know where relikk pulled it off.
Regarding your question, I think you have to try yourself, the deluxe patch has nothing to do with our forum and projects

Back to top Go down

ComboMan

Post Sun 23 May 2021 - 9:32 by ComboMan

darthvaderx wrote:Is arcade_tracks.ips compatible with UMK3DX?
Yes, it is.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 23 May 2021 - 9:34 by darthvaderx

ComboMan wrote:
Yes, it is.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 15 Jun 2021 - 9:32 by SuperFeistyFox

It seems that both games' packs are missing the track that should play at the end of an Animality, which I assume would be umk3_msu1-1 and mk3_msu1-1. Is that track impossible to get?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 15 Jun 2021 - 14:17 by Conn

For now I must give it to relikk to answer this

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 15 Jun 2021 - 22:44 by SuperFeistyFox

darthvaderx wrote:
ComboMan wrote:
Yes, it is.

Thanks.

Funny, I tried it myself and it didn't really work on my end. It still plays the tracks according to the SNES mapping.

Back to top Go down

ComboMan

Post Tue 15 Jun 2021 - 23:38 by ComboMan

SuperFeistyFox wrote:
darthvaderx wrote:
ComboMan wrote:
Yes, it is.

Thanks.

Funny, I tried it myself and it didn't really work on my end. It still plays the tracks according to the SNES mapping.

It works only in conjunction with the MSU-1 patch. I figured that's what darthvaderx was asking, but I did also wonder if the question was about it being a stand alone patch, and until I heard otherwise I would leave it at that. Now, since you're bringing it up, and thank you by the way, anyone who reads this will know it only works on an MSU-1 patched Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Deluxe rom.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 8:48 by SuperFeistyFox

ComboMan wrote:
SuperFeistyFox wrote:
darthvaderx wrote:
ComboMan wrote:
Yes, it is.

Thanks.

It works only in conjunction with the MSU-1 patch.  I figured that's what darthvaderx was asking, but I did also wonder if the question was about it being a stand alone patch, and until I heard otherwise I would leave it at that.  Now, since you're bringing it up, and thank you by the way, anyone who reads this will know it only works on an MSU-1 patched Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Deluxe rom.

I actually tried doing that, but it didn't work on my end. Tested in Scorpion's Lair, but the wrong song plays. UMK3 Deluxe was just updated again. I wonder if that has anything to do with it, though it shouldn't.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 8:56 by Relikk

SuperFeistyFox wrote:It seems that both games' packs are missing the track that should play at the end of an Animality, which I assume would be umk3_msu1-1 and mk3_msu1-1. Is that track impossible to get?

Do you have a video showcasing this? I don't know what you mean.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 9:49 by SuperFeistyFox

Relikk wrote:
SuperFeistyFox wrote:It seems that both games' packs are missing the track that should play at the end of an Animality, which I assume would be umk3_msu1-1 and mk3_msu1-1. Is that track impossible to get?

Do you have a video showcasing this? I don't know what you mean.

No music plays at this point. There was one time there was a loud beeeep noise, though not featured here.
Attachments
Mortal Kombat 3 & Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - Page 2 Attachment
umk3_no_animality music_2.wmv You don't have permission to download attachments.(641 Kb) Downloaded 7 times

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 9:59 by Relikk

Ah, yes. I see it now. I'll get on it.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 10:02 by SuperFeistyFox

Relikk wrote:Ah, yes. I see it now. I'll get on it.

Cool. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 10:13 by Relikk

SuperFeistyFox wrote:

Cool. Thanks.

Sorted. You can rename it for UMK3.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 10:21 by SuperFeistyFox

Relikk wrote:
SuperFeistyFox wrote:

Cool. Thanks.

Sorted. You can rename it for UMK3.

Thanks. Works great now.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 27 Apr 2022 - 10:38 by SuperFeistyFox

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5025/ Check it out! The newest update of the Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Deluxe hack has added in the Graveyard stage! Right now it just plays the Cathedral music and the current MSU-1 patch seems to work just fine with it, but it would be cool if someone were to update the patch to actually put in the arcade Graveyard music in. I understand most hackers are retired, but I just thought I'd let everyone know.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 27 Apr 2022 - 13:05 by Conn

You know, I coded maybe 150 msu patches and don't recall what I did when... also I am probably a bit too lazy to test out what you mean with graveyard stage.
I always put in my source code, so it is also an option to ask the author of additional patches to implement msu Wink

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Wed 27 Apr 2022 - 20:05 by Cubear

@Conn it seems this is a rom hack that is adding in new content from the arcade version. nothing would be missing from your prior hack, this is just a request to add support for fan content.

It could be possible to do something like that.. I need a break from trying to staple down the bugs before I release dq5's patch anyways... I'll look at it. no guarantees.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 27 Apr 2022 - 20:13 by SuperFeistyFox

It's all good. No biggie if you can't do it.

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Thu 28 Apr 2022 - 2:30 by Cubear

I think I can do this and future proof it (if more stages are added) by loading MSU1 tracks based upon the current BG loaded instead of by track number called (since the graveyard + cathedral are calling the same track number, we need to differentiate them). It's a bit late for me to start coding tonight (23:30) but I'll put something together by this weekend probably.

The order of load (sound/bg) may mean that this patch may not have SPC fallback, which isn't really a dealbreaker.

This will likely break the sound test mode unless I put in specific code not to...  which I may. we'll see. the tracks may also need to be re-numbered so song packs won't be directly cross compatible but I can write up a batch renamer for this use case.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Thu 28 Apr 2022 - 3:17 by kurrono

is time for good news abouit the new patch
from Lucas ferreira. .he added the graveyard to the game..

Patch da versão 2.0: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5025/

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 28 Apr 2022 - 5:10 by Conn

@cubear, hi kurrono (been a time). I think the theme is selected here:
$85/A694 BF A9 FD FF LDA $FFFDA9,x[$FF:FDA9]

So with some luck both stages pick the same number from the same spot (so only one byte needs a change to a new graveyard theme), with bad luck it needs to be checked by another property.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next