* Lowered volume per OMorty's request

Last edited by pepillopev on Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 13:27; edited 35 times in total

pepillopev

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Macross Scrambled Valkyrie :: Comments

Post on Sun 8 Jul 2018 - 14:33 by OMorty

First off, I just want to say thanks to pepillopev for his work on the patch and the music packs, as well as RocketBlast for putting out the initial Macross music pack! Glad to have run across this MSU1 patch. Smile

However, I'm having an issue with the volume of the current Macross music pack. When playing the patched ROM with SNES9x via Retroarch, the music plays way too loudly and drowns out the sound effects. Is this an issue with the pcm files, SNES9x, and/or Retroarch? If there's a way for me to fix things, I'd greatly appreciate any pointers!

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 8 Jul 2018 - 14:57 by OMorty

@pepillopev The Macross OST pack is the one giving me volume issues. The Robotech one plays at the right volume for me.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 8 Jul 2018 - 15:22 by pepillopev

@OMorty Honestly, I'm not in to changing the volume level all the time to suits everybody's tastes. This aside, I will show you how to do this on your own (via a quick fix). Make sure you do the following steps below on your already patched Macross MSU1 ROM.

#1 Get WindHex <- click on the link to download from DropBox

#2 Run WindHex and then open your patched MSU-1 ROM (see image below)

#3 Press CTRL+G, now type the 3FFE90 address in File Position white box, then click done or press ENTER key

#4 Change the value FF to something lower (marked in red box), then save your ROM

This value corresponds to the volume. FF being the max (255 decimal). The lower the number, the lower the volume. Change it then save the changes and reload the rom in your favorite emulator. Keep adjusting this value until you find a volume that is to your liking.

The only drawback, is that you will have to keep two separate MSU-1 Macross patches (one for Robotech, the other for Macross with the lower volume hack shown above). Eventually, Rocketblast or myself will make some time to lower the volume. This method, at least, will give you a quick fix.

Last edited by pepillopev on Sun 8 Jul 2018 - 15:47; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 8 Jul 2018 - 15:28 by OMorty

@pepillopev Oh, I wasn't demanding you fix it ASAP. Take your time tweaking the pcm files. I appreciate the quick fix!

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 8 Jul 2018 - 15:31 by pepillopev

@OMorty This is just a temporary fix until I have some quality time to review RocketBlast's set. I would have to compare it to mine and adjust the volume accordingly. Right now I'm preoccupied with finishing Conn's Out of this World PCM set. Otherwise, I would help you out by re-normalizing the Macross OST set. Best of luck to you and Happy Gaming.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 8 Jul 2018 - 16:56 by pepillopev

@OMorty Oh, don't worry I did not take your comment as a demand for a quick fix, lol. That is the bad thing about plain words (it lacks the emotion). Reading a sentence can be interpreted many different ways (depending on the reader's state of mind). I took no offense to it, so neither should you. You have a fantastic day.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 11:11 by pepillopev

@OMorty I lowered the volume level for RocketBlast's Macross PCM set. The file is now labeled as:

macross_rocketblast_volume_lowered_v1.2.rar.

I played the game for a bit and seems fine to me at this volume level. Hopefully, it works the same for you. Happy Gaming!

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 15:53 by OMorty

@pepillopev Thanks so much! The music doesn't drown out the sound effects anymore! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 22:21 by pepillopev

@OMorty Not a problem. Always a pleasure to help out when I can.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 23:25 by Polargames

I played on google again and found some more cover art.
All rights go to there respected parties, I found this on google.  :-)

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum