Where can I edit the magic container that is left of the item selected?

Go down

Where can I edit the magic container that is left of the item selected? Empty Where can I edit the magic container that is left of the item selected?

Post by Devan2002 Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 22:39

Where can I edit the magic container that is left of the item selected? Hqllc4R_Te2EmNG004hefQ
Does anyone know where it appears under here?
Devan2002
Devan2002

Where can I edit the magic container that is left of the item selected? Image213

Since : 2017-10-30

Back to top Go down

Where can I edit the magic container that is left of the item selected? Empty Re: Where can I edit the magic container that is left of the item selected?

Post by wizzrobemaster Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 22:48

What program is this?

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Where can I edit the magic container that is left of the item selected? Empty Re: Where can I edit the magic container that is left of the item selected?

Post by Devan2002 Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 23:02

Hyrule Magic, the file name is "HM (New)".
Devan2002
Devan2002

Where can I edit the magic container that is left of the item selected? Image213

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 1:55

Can you provide another image? You can edit a magic jar by simply selecting the red marker. As for changing the item, that requires a specific key. The annoying part about HM is that there are hidden commands that require a full keyboard to use. You cannot move doors without a num pad for example/

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Devan2002 Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 8:46

Where can I edit the magic container that is left of the item selected? Rz3wsPCwRmuq6-HaJ5om7g
I found the magic that goes inside the container, but not the container itself.
Devan2002
Devan2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 10:41

Devan2002 wrote:Where can I edit the magic container that is left of the item selected? Hqllc4R_Te2EmNG004hefQ
Does anyone know where it appears under here?
These are the blockset values, which are loaded into GFX numbers, so you can edit which GFX number coresponds to what value.
And has nothing to do with the magic bar, obviously.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 10:44

Devan2002 wrote:Where can I edit the magic container that is left of the item selected? Rz3wsPCwRmuq6-HaJ5om7g
I found the magic that goes inside the container, but not the container itself.
This is where the GFX for the magic bar is. Everything is here: magic filled and the frame as well, but the GFX is "wrapped" meaning you will find only one gfx small square for the corner and one for the frame, which are then loded multiple times. To make for instance a horizontal bar is a whole new level of editing (ASM +GFX), but you can still make the frame less thick. There is also the 1/2 which gets loaded ontop of it.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Devan2002 Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 10:50

Puzzledude wrote:There is also the 1/2 which gets loaded ontop of it.
And where is that graphic at (via HM)?
Devan2002
Devan2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 10:58

And where is that graphic at (via HM)?
I don't think you understand how this works. You can not edit gfx with HM (well you can, but it is just dumb due to being compatible only with Pant shop pro), forget HM and take YYchr. You edit gfx with the gfx editor, not HM. And all the gfx for entire HUD (heads up display) and MENU are in the gfx-area shown in your image above.

Where can I edit the magic container that is left of the item selected? Hudmen10
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Devan2002 Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 13:36

Puzzledude wrote:Where can I edit the magic container that is left of the item selected? Hudmen10
What version of YY-CHR is that?
Devan2002
Devan2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 14:05

What version of YY-CHR is that?
YY-CHR ver 0.97 beta31
(c)1999-2002 Yy

I believe the one hosted on Romhacking.net is newer, but less efficient, since it is in chinese language. I'm using the older version, since it is better in my oppinion.

Do note: I also have a Palettes loaded, which originate from a ZST save state. This save state was taken on the overworld of the original game.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnesthesia Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 16:34

This tutorial here will show you how to get started with gfx editing https://lthzelda.wordpress.com/2009/06/24/lz-3-intermediate-hyrule-magic/

You'll need to use something called zcompress to properly decode the gfx files and edit them in YY CHR, the directions how to do this are all there along with links to software and other resources.

(Also, just fyi any questions like this can be posted in the Requests section, you'll find tons of info on LttP editing there)
Nocturnesthesia
Nocturnesthesia
Cucumber
Cucumber

Since : 2018-03-27

Back to top Go down