Patch v1.9*:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/v8txno5ho68m07g/btdd-patch-original.zip/file

PCM Packs:
"Hylopathic Productions" Arranged PCM Pack presented by PepilloPeV**: DOWNLOAD
"Chip Tune" PCM Pack presented by LJnotN: DOWNLOAD

Track Map: PREVIEW

Cover Art Contributor Links (click on names): Lordmonkus, Polargames, MAD9K
* Two versions are inside the patch folder: sd2snes has no stage clear, since this bugs on some sd2snes.
** Source material music re-composers credits can be referenced by visiting the Google Docs track map link above.

Last edited by kurrono on Wed 25 Apr 2018 - 12:30; edited 1 time in total
kurrono
kurrono

BattleToads / Double Dragon Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

BattleToads / Double Dragon :: Comments

kurrono

Post Wed 25 Apr 2018 - 12:22 by kurrono

OK guys what u been waiting for.,,.is out now..i mean ready!! Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 25 Apr 2018 - 21:29 by xjunox

thanks

Back to top Go down

GinBunBun

Post Thu 26 Apr 2018 - 4:49 by GinBunBun

This is totally radical! Good job dude X3 Been waiting for this one for a long time. Thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 26 Apr 2018 - 7:30 by Ice Man

Been waiting for it as well. Great job!

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 14:04 by pev

@Wesker After a quick crash course from Conn, both of us were able to add some missing themes not in this version of the game. You will have to re-download the patch and PCM set. So far, the following themes were added:

Player Select Theme (mapped to track 16)
Boss Fight Theme (mapped to track 17)
Crazy Ride Theme, Stage 2-3 (mapped to track 10)

* Patch and PCM set at version 1.4 must be re-downloaded to get these changes, PeV 06.17.18 (additional fixes added to boss theme not playing for some bosses).

I also fixed the PCM pack. The original set would just fade out, then come back. Now the music continuously plays. If time allows, I'll poke around for other missing stuff to make it as close to the Sega Genesis version as possible. Apply the patch to a fresh rom.

Last edited by pepillopev on Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 16:20; edited 7 times in total

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 14:57 by Conn

Err.... pev, your patch link refers to legend of mystical ninja Very Happy pcm link is fine.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 15:12 by pev

@Conn Oops, chuck that up to another Copy and Paste epic fail. Arg! It is fixed.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Fri 13 Jul 2018 - 19:38 by Polargames

:-D

Last edited by Polargames on Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 18:57; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 28 Jul 2018 - 18:40 by Wesker

pepillopev wrote:@Wesker After a quick crash course from Conn, both of us were able to add some missing themes not in this version of the game. You will have to re-download the patch and PCM set. So far, the following themes were added:

Player Select Theme (mapped to track 16)
Boss Fight Theme (mapped to track 17)
Crazy Ride Theme, Stage 2-3 (mapped to track 10)

* Patch and PCM set at version 1.4 must be re-downloaded to get these changes, PeV 06.17.18 (additional fixes added to boss theme not playing for some bosses).

I also fixed the PCM pack. The original set would just fade out, then come back. Now the music continuously plays. If time allows, I'll poke around for other missing stuff to make it as close to the Sega Genesis version as possible. Apply the patch to a fresh rom.

Hey! I didn't see this until now! This is awesome! Finally one of the biggest flaws of the SNES version has been fixed! Many thanks to make it possible!

To tell you the truth, it's actually quite close to the Mega Drive version now, unless you take into account that some common tracks of the Mega Drive and SNES version are in different places. For example, the victory music of the Mega Drive version (and NES version) is the continue music of the SNES version, the next level music of the Mega Drive version is the victory music of the SNES version, while the final level/Dark Queen level music of the Mega Drive version (and NES version) is an extended version of the next level music of the SNES version (also used that way on the NES and Game Boy versions).

But other than getting the person who did the remix of the next level music of the SNES version to do an extended version of it which would match the complete final level/Dark Queen level music of the Mega Drive and NES versions (so the track isn't constantly looping on the final level), I'd say this is pretty fine as it is now.

By the way, the boss theme 2 which is marked as not used (and which I noticed it's actually a direct rip from the Mega Drive version) was actually used for the Big Blag boss on the Mega Drive and NES versions. It was also used for the ratship boss on the NES version only, the Mega Drive version left that boss without boss music for some reason and the Game Boy version put boss theme 1 there as the Game Boy version lacks boss theme 2. If someone does a good remix of that track maybe it would be interesting to add it. If not, then I would just leave Big Blag with boss theme 1 as it's pretty fine with it (boss theme 1 is way superior to boss theme 2), and maybe add it to the ratship boss too.

And one last thing, the General Slaughter minibosses of the Missile Mayhem level (the one where you face Robo Manus) actually speeded up the regular level music on the Mega Drive and NES versions, while the Game Boy version put it the boss theme 1. As it's now, it's pretty much as he was originally on the SNES version, without anything to disambiguate him from the regular level music.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 28 Jul 2018 - 23:29 by pev

@Wesker There is still one minor bug I have to squash. I forgot about it when I started other projects. It pertains to the bike stage (wrong track plays). Then again, my mind is fuzzy (would have to review the code again). Eventually, I’ll get to it once I finish Parodius.

As for the unused tracks, I was intending on using them (that’s why they are still in the PCM pack). I just never had my mind in tune to code them in.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 28 Jul 2018 - 23:39 by pev

@Wesker As for the music speed up, that is not possible with MSU. It does not have the ability to change the speed/tempo on the fly. I can possibly play another same track at a faster speed but it won’t be a smooth transition.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sun 29 Jul 2018 - 1:13 by kurrono

Bro i dont know where u got that snake pit its freezing its not happening on me is working pwrfectly
.are u,sure u have the right Rom?

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sun 29 Jul 2018 - 1:14 by kurrono

He dont understand Msu1 replaces .. the famous cd rom that never came out from Sony... thanks nintendo prefered Phillips at the end the deny their games now too....

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 29 Jul 2018 - 7:55 by Wesker

pepillopev wrote:@Wesker There is still one minor bug I have to squash. I forgot about it when I started other projects. It pertains to the bike stage (wrong track plays). Then again, my mind is fuzzy (would have to review the code again). Eventually, I’ll get to it once I finish Parodius.

I don't know, I see the bike stage perfect as it's right now. When you get on the bike, the crazy ride music plays like it does on the other versions. Maybe there's a bug somewhere else but I can't remember it now.

pepillopev wrote:As for the unused tracks, I was intending on using them (that’s why they are still in the PCM pack). I just never had my mind in tune to code them in.

The unused track I believe it's just boss theme 2. Mega Drive and NES versions give it to Big Blag boss, NES version also gives it to the ratship boss. If boss theme 2 is going to be used on the game, I suggest assigning it to those two bosses at least.

pepillopev wrote:@Wesker As for the music speed up, that is not possible with MSU. It does not have the ability to change the speed/tempo on the fly. I can possibly play another same track at a faster speed but it won’t be a smooth transition.

Then maybe boss theme 2 could also be associated to the General Slaughter minisbosses of the Missile Mayhem level so that way it would be used a little more frequently than just Big Blag and the ratship, and leave the rest of the bosses with the boss theme 1 as they are in both the Mega Drive and NES versions (Game Boy isn't a reference because that one only uses boss theme 1 for everything).

kurrono wrote:Bro i dont know where u got that snake pit its freezing its not happening on me is working pwrfectly
.are u,sure u have the right Rom?

That's a Battletoads in Battlemaniacs problem. This is the Battletoads Double Dragon thread. But if you are not getting the pause/unpause error, then I'll check what's going on. See the Battletoads in Battlemaniacs thread.

kurrono wrote:He dont understand Msu1 replaces .. the famous cd rom that never came out from Sony... thanks nintendo prefered Phillips at the end the deny their games now too....

If you mean about the General Slaughter having the level music speeded up on other versions, I already understand that's not possible (I know how CD based systems behave with the music tracks) and as I mentioned pepillopev, I think giving it the boss theme 2 if that's also going to the given to Big Blag and the ratship like on the other versions would easily solve the problem. Game Boy version gave it the boss theme 1 (due to that version not having boss theme 2) instead of speeding up the level music after all.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 29 Jul 2018 - 10:07 by pev

@Wesker The bike stage is good. Then that is just my memory playing tricks on me. It’s been so long doing that game I forgot what was changed.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 29 Jul 2018 - 10:10 by pev

@Wesker Yes, I know what track2 is (compared it to YouTube a long while ago before I added code to Conn and Kurrono’s patch). As I said before, my mind is not into coding it in yet. I hope this clears up the confusion.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 29 Jul 2018 - 17:43 by Wesker

pepillopev wrote:@Wesker The bike stage is good. Then that is just my memory playing tricks on me. It’s been so long doing that game I forgot what was changed.

Hey, I just doubled checked and I think I understand why you thought there was some problem on that level. There actually is. Just not related to when you get on the bike, but when the "Doorman of Doom" enemy (the one who's hidden behind a door and tosses dynamites off to you) appears, he actually triggers the boss theme 1 music! And worst of all, when you defeat him, the music doesn't go off and it keeps playing during the level until you get on the bike and is overriden by the Crazy Ride track.

I guess this is because the trigger that makes the boss theme 1 music play is the Toads or the Dragons doing their astonished poses. They normally do it when a boss appears, except for the ratship boss because they are driving a shuttle on that level, and the General Slaughter minibosses don't trigger it either (they should have, the Toads were astonished by them on the other titles). For some reason, they also put the astonishing pose trigger when these minibosses of sorts appear, but actually neither of the other game versions did anything to alter the music at all with these guys, unlike the General Slaughter minibosses which speeded up the regular music level on the Mega Drive and NES versions or put the boss theme 1 music on the Game Boy version. So there you go, this must be the problem you have been thinking about but couldn't remember right.

pepillopev wrote:@Wesker Yes, I know what track2 is (compared it to YouTube a long while ago before I added code to Conn and Kurrono’s patch). As I said before, my mind is not into coding it in yet. I hope this clears up the confusion.

Ok, don't worry. We'll wait until you wish to return to it.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 29 Jul 2018 - 19:28 by pev

@Wesker Yup, I already fixed that bug and implemented the stage clear. I just have to test it on all bosses.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 29 Jul 2018 - 22:56 by pev

@Wesker The only thing I might have to do is speed up the Stage Clear theme just a bit. Big Blag’s defeat transitions a tad faster to the next screen, cutting off the theme a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 29 Jul 2018 - 23:38 by Wesker

Oh, stage clear theme too. That's going to be great. I don't think it's much of a problem to speed it up a little. Better that than not having it.

I don't know what you are planning to do with boss theme 2, but I suggest giving it to Big Blag and the ratship (will need to add a trigger to it, since the fight takes place in level 4-2 maybe it's easy to do) like in the Mega Drive or NES versions, and also giving it to the General Slaughter miniboss so he has something of a theme too. And leave the rest of the bosses which already have boss theme 1 like that, except, I suppose, the doorman of doom guy (or are you going to leave him boss theme 1?).

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 9:47 by pev

@Wesker I uploaded the fixed patch. I just fixed the stage2 doorman bomb man issue and added stage clear theme support for now.

I like this game, so eventually, I will revisit it again to add the other stuff (ie, implement boss theme 2, etc). I still have to finish Parodius and off I go again into mini-Retirement mode.

Hopefully, no other crazy bugs were added. It is rather difficult to implement artificial triggers for MSU1 when they are not present in the original game. Sometimes, you try something and it affects something else earlier and/or later in the game (much play through bug testing required).

As for the stage clear theme speed. I only sped it up a little (any more, it sounds like clown music, lol). I'm fine with the way it is. Anybody else who does not like it can make there own PCM for it. This is why the Track Map link is in the above post.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 21:05 by Wesker

Hey. I just tested this and while it's true that the doorman of doom issue was fixed, the stage clear theme implementation seems to be causing some new issues for some reason.

First of all, the only stage where I'm having the stage clear theme playing after defeating the boss is 5-2 after defeating Robo Manus. For the rest of the levels, it isn't played at all. And it's weird because in your video it seems to be played after defeating Abobo in 1-2 and Big Blag in 2-3, but I don't get either of them. And I tried this both in console (SD2SNES) and emulators (BSNES and SNES9X) so it's not like the weird SD2SNES-exclusive problem I was having with Battletoads in Battlemaniacs.

But it's not all, there's more. In 4-1, for some reason, the level music starts a little when you begin the level but then the stage clear theme plays and then you don't get any music at the rest of the level, which includes 4-2. Actually, if you use the select level cheat and begin straight in 4-2, it happens exactly the same. And what's even more weird. If you go to 1-2 with the select level, it also happens the same bug, while this doesn't happen at all if you come to 1-2 from 1-1 during a regular play. It behaves normally in that case.

So there you go. I don't understand why these are happening when you seemed to get the implementation working right on the video. Maybe something went wrong with the patch file? I tested both the .bps and .ips file by the way, but this happens with both.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 21:20 by pev

@Wesker As stated before, implementing artificial triggers can manifest problems earlier or later in the game. I would have to do another test run. Or it may be possible I did not create the IPS/BPS patch files properly. I will have to retest, confirm working and the re-create the patch files.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 23:18 by pev

@Wesker Ok, at least I got the right values to reference for the first three stages (guaranteed Stage Clear will play w/o issue).

The Rat Ship, on the other hand, is proving a little difficult. I'm taking a break, for now. I will continue troubleshooting from Rat Ship moving forward.

The problem is I use three checks to make sure my artificial trigger is valid. #1 What stage is it? #2 Am I at end of stage? #3 Is the boss defeated? Number 3 is the most difficult one because one RAM value may work for one boss but not the others. The cheat finder for finding what values change under certain conditions is not perfect. At least it helped me narrow down Abobo, Big Blag, and Roper.

For now, I suggest using an older patch w/o the Stage Clear (if you still have it) until I get this sorted out. Or I'll just post the older patch in the morning and consider the Stage Clear beta and WIP.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next