Battletoads in Battlemaniacs

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Battletoads in Battlemaniacs - Page 4 Empty Battletoads in Battlemaniacs

Patch (v3, 29th July 18, delayed playback fixed, sd2snes version added):
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/btbm_msu1_patch.zip

PCMs (v3, btbm_msu1-1.pcm fixed):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1axXYAqcdM5FXVK8RBNeyuKmtXes1SqxV/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited by kurrono on Sun 29 Apr 2018 - 0:38; edited 3 times in total
kurrono
kurrono

Battletoads in Battlemaniacs - Page 4 Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Battletoads in Battlemaniacs :: Comments

Relikk

Post Tue 25 Apr 2023 - 11:08 by Relikk

I seem to remember testing these when you brought it up last month and they were completely fine on my system. No distortion, whatsoever.

Did you check to see if you had the volume boost enabled in the options? I think it doesn't do anything on certain board revisions, but still worth checking. Did you contact ikari regarding a possible bug in the latest firmware for the new FPGA?

EDIT: Nevermind. I see you did both of those things, already. The fact that this doesn't happen on my set up, and neither does it on ikari's, it's either down to your cartridge having a bad amp or it's a part of your own signal chain. Apart from maybe being a little louder than they should be, there's nothing "wrong" with the PCM files.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 25 Apr 2023 - 11:58 by speedy

i did contact ikari's people on github. so i am a bit back and forth now Smile

yes, they are checking it as well. and i will pass over the point with the amp. what revision of the fx pak pro are you using?

i have no issues in tnmnt turtles in time, final fight, biometal.. but star fox in the other hand also makes trouble.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 25 Apr 2023 - 12:06 by Relikk

The amp is purely speculation, as I have no technical knowledge of the workings of it where an SD2SNES is concerned, but it seems like it's sensitive to higher amplitudes.

I have an SD2SNES version of the Pro. It'd be one of the first run Pro's that wouldn't fit into a US cartridge shell, as I got it when it was originally announced.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 25 Apr 2023 - 12:15 by speedy

Battletoads in Battlemaniacs - Page 4 1f44d

and any suggestions how i would check the amp and the signal chain?

i thought - from my perspective - i checked what i would understand as signal chain. by using different snes, different cables, different connection-variants and different tvs. but maybe i should understand something else under "signal chain"?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 25 Apr 2023 - 12:40 by Relikk

No, you got it. If you still have the problem after alternating and eliminating other sources and paths from the SNES to your audio system or TV, then your understanding of it is fine.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 26 Apr 2023 - 1:33 by speedy

@relikk

uff, at least i got this right Smile

but any suggestions how i could check the bad amp, to pin point that problem?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 26 Apr 2023 - 4:58 by Relikk

I'm afraid not. Only ikari can help you with that, if it is indeed the issue.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4