Wolfenstein 3D

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

20180616

Post 

Wolfenstein 3D





Patch:
Wolfenstein MSU1 Patch v1.2 (Conn / PepilloPEV)*

PCM: (click on image to download)


Thanks to DarkSamus and Polargames for the provided research material to get this patch project started.

*Note: For version 1.2, applied Conn's fix for alternate mute.


Last edited by pepillopev on Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 10:04; edited 13 times in total

pepillopev



Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Wolfenstein 3D :: Comments

avatar

Post on Fri 22 Jun 2018 - 4:26 by Conn

I'll try to replace the intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_kami3DlHQ
with this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nlmje-rUQs
I'll need to replace the intro with Ikari player.

evo doesn't have such a video... but as said, no time right now. Also there are 3 projects in the works, while YS5 is finished now eventually - Edale finished the pcm (Pev just needs to post that).

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 22 Jun 2018 - 9:26 by edale

Polargames wrote:On ys 5 is that why its taking a longer process then other games of getting it msued? I have been reading everything so far that has been posted on the game and earthbound, they seem to be monster headaches to figure out.
A good chunk of that delay on Ys V was my fault. I've done a lot of audio for MSU projects the past few weeks, and was starting to get burned out; so I was going a LOT slower than I usually go (2-3 weeks rather than 2-3 days).

Also, because Ys V has a hardmute, I had to make a number of the SFX tracks that I'd usually just leave absent for the SPC fallback to take care of. While a number of them I just did SPC rips, some of them I actually custom made (one track even has a recording of me breathing heavily overlayed on top on my heartbeat, all on top of a sustained ominous musical chord; you don't want to know how many dozens of recordings I made to get some good sounding ones: mediafire.com file/blb53r7ca9p3pmv/ys5_msu-90.wav).

There also was one track that was called multiple times, but didn't quite fit for one of them, so I lucked into convincing @Conn to split that instance of the track off, so I could put a different PCM for that one.

I released a V1 of the Ys V PCM pack the other day, I don't know how long it'll take, but I have a guy who's working on remastering one of the shorter songs from it, and when he finishes and gets that to me I'll release a V2 version, but the game is 100% fully playable as-is (assuming you have the most recent patch).

---

As for Earthbound... 191 tracks, next to no remasters done. The real trick with Earthbound is actually finding the tracks to convert to PCM. There's actually 2 or 3 people working on remastering the missing Earthbound tracks for the MSU-1 mod atm.

TL:DR- Earthbound's gonna be a month or four before it's finished. And that's assuming there's no more problems with the ASM code (which we won't know for sure until we get the PCM set finished, and the game playtested with it).

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Fri 22 Jun 2018 - 11:28 by Conn

I looked into OOTW. Looks like a terrible game to msu it. I think I am able to find a trigger for it, but again hardcore mute and such.

Earthbound: Oh wow, do you like to pcm every of the 191 tracks? It has a spc fallback Razz ....

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Fri 22 Jun 2018 - 19:04 by Polargames

edale wrote:
Polargames wrote:On ys 5 is that why its taking a longer process then other games of getting it msued? I have been reading everything so far that has been posted on the game and earthbound, they seem to be monster headaches to figure out.
A good chunk of that delay on Ys V was my fault. I've done a lot of audio for MSU projects the past few weeks, and was starting to get burned out; so I was going a LOT slower than I usually go (2-3 weeks rather than 2-3 days).

Also, because Ys V has a hardmute, I had to make a number of the SFX tracks that I'd usually just leave absent for the SPC fallback to take care of. While a number of them I just did SPC rips, some of them I actually custom made (one track even has a recording of me breathing heavily overlayed on top on my heartbeat, all on top of a sustained ominous musical chord; you don't want to know how many dozens of recordings I made to get some good sounding ones: mediafire.com file/blb53r7ca9p3pmv/ys5_msu-90.wav).

There also was one track that was called multiple times, but didn't quite fit for one of them, so I lucked into convincing @Conn to split that instance of the track off, so I could put a different PCM for that one.

I released a V1 of the Ys V PCM pack the other day, I don't know how long it'll take, but I have a guy who's working on remastering one of the shorter songs from it, and when he finishes and gets that to me I'll release a V2 version, but the game is 100% fully playable as-is (assuming you have the most recent patch).

---

As for Earthbound... 191 tracks, next to no remasters done. The real trick with Earthbound is actually finding the tracks to convert to PCM. There's actually 2 or 3 people working on remastering the missing Earthbound tracks for the MSU-1 mod atm.

TL:DR- Earthbound's gonna be a month or four before it's finished. And that's assuming there's no more problems with the ASM code (which we won't know for sure until we get the PCM set finished, and the game playtested with it).

Wow, Man thats a lot on one's plate. I honstly could not handel something like that. And slowing down because you felt burned out thats fine because your health is more important then a game. I know that from a previous project, not w3d with Conn, working with conn is awesome. The project I had worked on was a 5-10 page paper, with sources,such and redoes as well, I cracked under the stress and wound up at the E.R needing to get a shot to help calm me down. So I am glade for you just slacking off a bit. Smile For all its worth Ys 5 turned out great, So take as many beer breaks you need Very Happy . Don't worrie about Earthbound that game from what I have read that was posted really is a huge headache.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Fri 22 Jun 2018 - 19:07 by Polargames

[quote="Conn"]I looked into OOTW. Looks like a terrible game to msu it. I think I am able to find a trigger for it, but again hardcore mute and such.

Earthbound: Oh wow, do you like to pcm every of the 191 tracks? It has a spc fallback Razz ....[/q

So does that mean that game for you at least is on the back burner for now, or is it a game that you would not play yourself?

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 22 Jun 2018 - 19:38 by edale

I actually don't know too much about Earthbound myself, I've never actually played it.

So far, other than helping to organize things I haven't really done anything for the Earthbound MSU project.

I'm planning on taking a week or two off of MSU work before jumping in to help on that project. That doesn't mean work isn't being done, it's just being done by other people atm.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 23 Jun 2018 - 0:26 by Polargames

edale wrote:I actually don't know too much about Earthbound myself, I've never actually played it.

So far, other than helping to organize things I haven't really done anything for the Earthbound MSU project.

I'm planning on taking a week or two off of MSU work before jumping in to help on that project. That doesn't mean work isn't being done, it's just being done by other people atm.

I had only played Earthbound about 2 to 3 times thats all I had ever play. When it came to the snes I play the normal hits like mario,kirby,Contra 3, Really wished they would of Re made the og contra to snes like mario all stars. But oh well. Understandable, I hope that you enjoy the time off from msu and have fun. :-)

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 23 Jun 2018 - 2:25 by edale

Polargames wrote:I hope that you enjoy the time off from msu and have fun. :-)
Well, I do have FFXV PC that I bought release day, but am only in chapter 3 of... Needless to say, I have plans for the time off, lol.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 23 Jun 2018 - 8:22 by Conn

I looked into OOTW. Looks like a terrible game to msu it. I think I am able to find a trigger for it, but again hardcore mute and such.
$80/C95B BC 00 80 LDY $8000,x[$80:8004] A:0004 X:0004
The level triggers are easy, it is here in the X (02: intro, 04: level1, 10: password, etc). But the sfx mute is a pain in the a... at least I couldn't find a good mute. Neither hardcore mute. And the worse: geiger crashes and bsnes has no apu trace function.
Maybe I find the music pointer (it's connected to the stack somehow), if anybody likes to help, be my guest Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 23 Jun 2018 - 8:58 by Señor Ventura

Conn wrote:As said, don't count on it.
There's a video of the intro, I plan to use that alike the alttp video for the intro. No idea what you mean by 16 bit tiles, I never touched the game until now.

Means that videos uses a plane to update tiles in order to show an animation, and we are used to see 256 color videos on the msu1, so every tile costs 64 Bytes.

If you use 4 colors tiles, every tile costs 16 Bytes, and then the bandwidth spreads more.

The key is that the game surely uses only 2BPP tiles, and with this you can enlarge the window of the video, or increase the frame rate.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 23 Jun 2018 - 9:53 by Conn

I'll simply use Ikari code from alttp. I need more colors since the video I have is excellent.

I now found the mute for OOFTW:
$0204: FF FF (2 bytes)
Together with the level select
$80/C95B BC 00 80 LDY $8000,x[$80:8004] A:0004 X:0004
to trigger level specific music, I have all basics I need now...

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 23 Jun 2018 - 13:36 by Polargames

edale wrote:
Polargames wrote:I hope that you enjoy the time off from msu and have fun. :-)
Well, I do have FFXV PC that I bought release day, but am only in chapter 3 of... Needless to say, I have plans for the time off, lol.

Hey thats awesome LOL

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat 23 Jun 2018 - 13:39 by Polargames

Conn wrote:
I looked into OOTW. Looks like a terrible game to msu it. I think I am able to find a trigger for it, but again hardcore mute and such.
$80/C95B BC 00 80    LDY $8000,x[$80:8004]   A:0004 X:0004
The level triggers are easy, it is here in the X (02: intro, 04: level1, 10: password, etc). But the sfx mute is a pain in the a... at least I couldn't find a good mute. Neither hardcore mute. And the worse: geiger crashes and bsnes has no apu trace function.
Maybe I find the music pointer (it's connected to the stack somehow), if anybody likes to help, be my guest Very Happy

Wow, the game crashed geiger, I did not know that could happened, So far every game I had played with it never done that before.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum