Out Of This World (Another World)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Out Of This World (Another World) - Page 2 Empty Out Of This World (Another World)

Patch v7:
Link

PCM Sets:
Creative Pack*
This set uses creative themes and a intro video remake

Classic 3DO Pack**
This set uses classic themes and the 20 anniversary intro video

PittStone Alternate MSU Video Intro
Only a msu intro video (no complete pcm pack), but a quite cool intro! Replace it with that that comes with one of the above pcm packages of your choice.

--------------
* Credits: there is a text file in the download giving credit to everyone involved with the project, including where the audio and video were sourced from.

** Keep in mind of the limitations of the original SNES version. Great care was taken to pick the most suitable 3DO tracks with relation to the SNES version. Additional rom hacking from the standard ROM would be required to add the additional 3DO tracks not found in the SNES version. So please, be kind with the comments. For the video, Relikk's 20th anniversary with remastered audio was used. You can switch it, if you so desire (by downloading the other version from the above link).
-------------

Theme map: Link

Coverart by Polargames:
Out Of This World (Another World) - Page 2 Outoft11

Last edited by pepillopev on Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 17:10; edited 16 times in total
pev

Out Of This World (Another World) - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Out Of This World (Another World) :: Comments

Post Wed 11 Jul 2018 - 10:52 by pev

@Conn I doubt it is file corruption (the track plays w/o issue on foobar). The only difference between the two tracks is the file size. Have you tried swapping with other tracks around the same file size (1.5MB or less)?

Last edited by pepillopev on Wed 11 Jul 2018 - 11:16; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 11 Jul 2018 - 11:07 by pev

@Conn I'm checking to see if this track is suppose to loop. It cuts off cuz it is short in playtime (assumed this track was a loop). I'll get to the bottom of it.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 11 Jul 2018 - 11:12 by pev

@Conn It was the filesize of the track and not due to file corruption. By doubling the playback time and increasing the filesize now the bug is gone. It is weird that the track was set to loop but bugged out cuz its less than 1.5MB. Now at 2.3MB and it works great. Weird. Good call, Conn. Good call.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 11 Jul 2018 - 12:28 by Conn

Great you could resolve it Smile
Are there more tracks having this problem? Let me know when/if the pcm pack is updated... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 11 Jul 2018 - 22:15 by pev

@ToAll Fixed Track 4 for Creative uploaded (have to re-download package). Also added Classic Set (merged Relikk's 2nd video). You only need the video if you chose to use the video-audio ips patch.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Wed 11 Jul 2018 - 22:25 by Polargames

pepillopev wrote:@ToAll Fixed Track 4 for Creative uploaded (have to re-download package). Also added Classic Set (merged Relikk's 2nd video). You only need the video if you chose to use the video-audio ips patch.

Sounds Great Pepillopev Very Happy Yes

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post Mon 16 Jul 2018 - 12:26 by pev

@fullgamezone There is a theme link with a GoogleDocs at the top of this page (here it is anyway Theme Link). This GoogleDoc has all the track values and where it corresponds to the game to help you out making your own Sega CD PCM set. Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 16 Jul 2018 - 13:06 by Relikk

The problem with the Sega CD version is that most of the music is used for cut scenes and incorporates the sound effects from those cut scenes as well. It's not really viable.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 16 Jul 2018 - 13:09 by pev

It seems to me until a good and complete source music material arises, the Sega CD PCM version is indefinitely postponed. I do hope something eventually turns up.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 16 Jul 2018 - 16:19 by Señor Ventura

What frame rate has that intro?, is very solid.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 16 Jul 2018 - 16:20 by Relikk

They're 30fps.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 16 Jul 2018 - 16:37 by pev

If Conn feels it is worth it then he will do it. Otherwise, you will have to sit tight until someone else shows up to help you.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 16 Jul 2018 - 17:38 by pev

@fullgamezone I do but this game does not really interest me much to make the effort. I only helped out with the PCMs because I owed Conn a huge favor. Sorry to disappoint.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 16 Jul 2018 - 18:41 by Conn

It could be possible to add more themes, but the code is not friendly. I once tried to get stage numbers of password and failed. To add more tracks you need find those ram addresses. I may be able to find, but the game isn't worth that effort for me. I did the patch with the snes triggers available in the code, and that's all I'm willing to supply for this game. It was exhausting enough with video and the strange code I had to deal with.
If you want more tracks you need to use the 3po version or so, I'm afraid

Back to top Go down

PittStone

Post Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 16:40 by PittStone

I have made a new msu intro Video with Clips from a alternate Remake of Another World Intro.
Download

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 17:09 by pev

@PittStone Your link has been moved to the top. Thanks for your contribution.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 17:25 by Conn

Just tested it well done Wink

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2