Out Of This World (Another World)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Out Of This World (Another World) Empty Out Of This World (Another World)

Patch v7:
Link

PCM Sets:
Creative Pack*
This set uses creative themes and a intro video remake

Classic 3DO Pack**
This set uses classic themes and the 20 anniversary intro video

PittStone Alternate MSU Video Intro
Only a msu intro video (no complete pcm pack), but a quite cool intro! Replace it with that that comes with one of the above pcm packages of your choice.

--------------
* Credits: there is a text file in the download giving credit to everyone involved with the project, including where the audio and video were sourced from.

** Keep in mind of the limitations of the original SNES version. Great care was taken to pick the most suitable 3DO tracks with relation to the SNES version. Additional rom hacking from the standard ROM would be required to add the additional 3DO tracks not found in the SNES version. So please, be kind with the comments. For the video, Relikk's 20th anniversary with remastered audio was used. You can switch it, if you so desire (by downloading the other version from the above link).
-------------

Theme map: Link

Coverart by Polargames:
Out Of This World (Another World) Outoft11

Last edited by pepillopev on Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 17:10; edited 16 times in total
pev

Out Of This World (Another World) Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Out Of This World (Another World) :: Comments

JUD6MENT

Post Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 21:13 by JUD6MENT

Wha whoo! We did it!

Last edited by JUD6MENT on Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 4:22; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 23:38 by pev

@Conn Ok, now we have another issue regarding video with bSnes++. I tried all the posted videos and all end up crashing at the end of video (either white screen lockup or hard bsnes crash with longer remake video).

This issue does not affect Snes9x (it goes straight to the START/CONTINUE screen after video is done). I also used the ootw_audio_video.ips on a clean rom with same results.

Below is the bSnes++ save state manager file (at the bottom, i got a couple of save points right when the video is past mid-way to the end).

bSnes++ Save States Link
bSnes++ Crashing Demo Video

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 0:25 by Polargames

JUD6MENT wrote:Wha whoo! We did!

Very Happy Breakdance

Last edited by Polargames on Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 18:41; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 5:55 by Conn

Awesome release! I hope you have time for the classic set soon, so we are at 100% with this release then Blue4

@Conn Ok, now we have another issue regarding video with bSnes++. I tried all the posted videos and all end up crashing at the end of video (either white screen lockup or hard bsnes crash with longer remake video).

This issue does not affect Snes9x (it goes straight to the START/CONTINUE screen after video is done). I also used the ootw_audio_video.ips on a clean rom with same results.

That's strange. I do not get this bug on bsnes... only: but I get it when using your savestate.
I can imagine the following: you patched a clean rom with audio_video.ips and loaded the (corrupted) savestate from where you had another patch applied (video only or something)?
Can you try again, with your clean rom applied audio_video.ips and using no savestate to see whether this bug still happens (wait the intro time until you get to the video)?
If yes, please give me a savestate before the video starts (your savestate above is inside the video already, so I cannot trace which registers are affected when it goes into the video).

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 12:58 by pev

@Conn Sir, you are correct. I reloaded the game w/o using save states and allowed the game to go from start to finish. The video went straight to the menu as you have predicted. In this case, it was a false alarm. Thank the MSU gods.

As for the classic ost, I will give FullGameZone some ample time to contribute. I'm not in the mood to hear his trolling comments regarding how my work ends up (he is good for that). So this is his chance to pull in his weight and do it. I know he can since he already made the PCMs for Super R-Type and Sim City.

If he fails to do so (given some said time), I will do them. That is, if Relikk beats me to it first. Who knows.

Wink

Last edited by pepillopev on Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 16:21; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 13:33 by Conn

*lol, I wished all bugs were fake bugs... Razz

Alright then, FGZ or Relikk, are you going to make the classic set?
Here's the link to the chosen music:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q_Zpg5ICRjC3mOBVDLf53YoH759mGZQQhASf6QBmQyY/edit#gid=1086674966

Pev and Polar, you did an absolute great job. I love the music, it makes the game so much more awesome!

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 14:29 by pev

@ToAll I had to make some additional edits to the PCM files (some had volume too low, especially the dying theme). I also cut out the extra YouTube fluff from the original rickonami 1080p remake video (making it closer to the original). Please re-download the creative set to enjoy.

Last edited by pepillopev on Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 16:19; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 15:54 by Polargames

@Conn, Awesome I am glade that you like it :-D, Pev does a great job on pcms. @Pev Thats cool dude, no worries on the edits you always knock it out of the park. Looking forward to play this fully.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 16:12 by Conn

There is a small inconsistecy in comparison to original:

msu1:
https://youtu.be/azyBxPtPdPY?t=622

original:
https://youtu.be/Gm9lgIzjlK8?t=442

(msu1 version stops directly after picking up the gun, while the original keeps playing).

I do not know if there is need to fix (code, msu track, looping?)

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 16:15 by pev

@Conn The Snes9x emulator does this (plays for a short while). The bSnes++ emulator does not (plays after cage drop and keeps playing until stopped).

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Conn

Post Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 16:44 by Conn

ok, that's apparently a bug with snes9x. What I did: I made a savestate right after snes9x started playing this theme and took the original rom and renamed it to ootw-msu1.sfc (since I am blind on snes9x and also even Geiger crashes, this indirect method is the only possibility I have to source bugs).

So I had an original rom, without any of my code and msu1 on when loading the savestate with that theme. It stopped playing too.
So, somehow OoTW native code writes on the msu registers. We had a similar problem shortly ago with DKC3:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1445-donkey-kong-country-2

What I assume: Ootw writes 00 on ram xx:2007 and hits the msu register instead. This I can confirm: when I cheat after the music stopped with 002007-03 the music plays again. Ummm. Unfortunately, I can't find that place in bsnes trace log

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 18:14 by pev

@fullgamezone The file is not corrupted (used WinRAR 5.0 to compress it). The latest WinZip or 7Zip should work too. I just re-downloaded and it works fine on my end (get an updated WinRAR/WinZip/7zip, I guess?). All these apps are freeware/nagware (can keep using for free).

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 18:33 by Señor Ventura

I think i prefer the 3do intro version over that one with a real person.

https://youtu.be/v90scHi9p8I?t=37

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 18:34 by pev

@ Señor Ventura You are welcome to make it happen, Señor. Conn posted easy to follow instructions to do your own videos. You are welcome to do the PCMs too.

Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 19:35 by Señor Ventura

pepillopev wrote:@ Señor Ventura You are welcome to make it happen,  Señor. Conn posted easy to follow instructions to do your own videos. You are welcome to do the PCMs too.

Wink

I think the natural evolution of the original intro is the kind of intro of the 3do version, is an opinion, not a critic thing.

To me, mixing real images with precisely this game, doesn't fits, but the work is truly commendable, nobody says the opposite... all that illusion has all the merit.

Greetings.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 19:46 by pev

@Señor Ventura I believe Relikk already did that video (get it from his link). An opinion is a criticism when made public, Señor. No hard feelings, anyway. The 'creative' wording for this set is meant to do something a little different from the norm. But in the end, you have choices that suit your tastes.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 20:22 by Señor Ventura

pepillopev wrote:@Señor Ventura I believe Relikk already did that video (get it from his link). An opinion is a criticism when made public, Señor. No hard feelings, anyway. The 'creative' wording for this set is meant to do something a little different from the norm. But in the end, you have choices that suit your tastes.

I'm sorry, but i don't agree with that, an opinion is a criticism when it center its valuations in the way that the work was done, and i only wanted to say that i appreciate the way than the 3do version understood its own evolution, instead of trying with real actors.

Is a matter of tastes, not of criticisms. The work with this intro pampers a lot the details, has a very good perfomance, and it shows the love and dedication that it haves put to that, How anybody could critizice this?, I don't do it.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 20:36 by pev

@Señor Ventura It is your right to disagree. It is a free world in some regions of earth, is it not? Anyway, you are getting to worked up over this? Still no hard feelings, I hate language barriers (stuff always getting lost in translation). You have a good day, sir. I'm done squabbling over nothing.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 11 Jul 2018 - 4:16 by Conn

I tried hard tracing the snes9x bug... and failed. If this l2 is the only place, I think it's negligible. If there are more, we should recommend to use bsnes only.
Does anybody know already whether there are more anormalities in snes9x?

Senor Ventura, it is not just hard, it is impossible to match everybody taste. We will provide a classic set with relikk video sometime to hit more tastes. If that still doesn't suit you, you either need to play with audio only or make your own video. It's not that hard Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 11 Jul 2018 - 7:07 by Señor Ventura

Conn wrote:Senor Ventura, it is not just hard, it is impossible to match everybody taste. We will provide a classic set with relikk video sometime to hit more tastes. If that still doesn't suit you, you either need to play with audio only or make your own video. It's not that hard Wink

I never wanted it to be understood like that, is a great job, and it denotes that the dedication has been special this time... as big as the game deserves, and is recognizable that the intro with a real person adds a touch to the 32 bits generation.

Is only that i'm in love with the 3do version since... ever!. That's all, only a comment, but i asked for nothing, i swear xD

Greetings Smile

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 11 Jul 2018 - 7:37 by Conn

No worries, I understood it as suggestion/opinion. It's just impossible to address every single wish, so we concentrate on satisfying the masses.
As said, there is a tutorial how to make msu videos, so you can fulfil your wish yourself Wink

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 11 Jul 2018 - 9:44 by Conn

Pev, I think it isn't a bug with snes9x (sorry). I think it's a problem with your track -4 (corrupt?)
Try this:
- rename track -4 into track -4a
- rename track -9 into track -4

snes9x will not have this problem with track 9 renamed to track4 (at least not for me...)

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next