MSU Cover Art (LordMonkus)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MSU Cover Art (LordMonkus) Empty MSU Cover Art (LordMonkus)

Post by Lordmonkus Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 17:19

Hi guys, I have been a lurker here for a while enjoying all the hard work people put in on these amazing hacks but I have noticed lately that Polargames is posting covers for these games.
I do want it known that I am not trying to stir up anything here at all. He doesn't claim he made the work and he found it on the internet but they are all just reworked versions of the ones that I made. I also just used artwork found using Google Images so I am not claiming I own any of it at all. I found good (or the best I could find) pictures and put a clear logo on it with the occasional drop shadow or some other filter.

I have been making and posting these over on the Launchbox forums for the past few months here in this thread here: https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/41289-snes-msu-1-cover-art/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-275307

But anyone who wants to download them all and alternative covers I made can download them from my Google Drive which I update with new covers as new MSU hacks are released: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IF0pmvUlnYM_rrrjuZMJi4YuWz3EjocS

Here are the links to Imgur Albums for the covers:
Main Set: https://imgur.com/a/hcyUXmM
Alternate Covers: https://imgur.com/a/Y9oCstq

Polargames Mega Link to download his cover pack:
https://mega.nz/#F!uiZVCI6Z!BA_gMCJDOzW-fy4f8zfJoQ

Anyways  I just wanted to provide links to the covers I have been making and I claim no ownership of any of the artwork used at all. People are free to use them or do whatever they want with them.

Last edited by Conn on Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 4:38; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Imgur Album links. Added Polargames Mega Link)
Lordmonkus
Lordmonkus

MSU Cover Art (LordMonkus) Image112

Since : 2018-07-14

Back to top Go down

MSU Cover Art (LordMonkus) Empty Re: MSU Cover Art (LordMonkus)

Post by Conn Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 17:25

Oh wow, thanks!
That coverart idea is new and I'm not sure yet how to handle it.
If polargames posted some, I usually added them to the first posts with credits to him, so if anything is muscredited, my apologies. In future I'll post it just as coverart without credits to avoid "copyright" issues.

Thanks for supplying your work, I make this topic sticky so anybody can benefit from your work, too Smile
Conn
Conn

MSU Cover Art (LordMonkus) Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordmonkus Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 17:30

No no no, please, I am not mad at him or anything. This is all stuff taken from Google Images. In fact I am just happy anyone finds anything "I created" worth using. I put I created in quotes because I certainly don't have an artistic bone in my body. I only did what he did, I took images from Google and did some lazy Photoshop work on them.
I really don't want any credit from anyone whatsoever. All I wanted to do here was share all my covers in their original state for people wanting to use them.
Lordmonkus
Lordmonkus

Back to top Go down

Post by MadK9 Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 17:32

Will add to this as well, the stuff i put together for use in frontends. I have no claim on any of the art, i just used it to make boxes and discs.

3D Blue-ray Style Cases
https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/44556-snes-msu-1-3d-box-media/

DVD Style Disc's
https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/44539-snes-msu-1-disc-media/

And tnx again to all the hard working devs here, love what you are all doing.

MadK9

Since : 2018-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 17:42

I understood you correctly. You pointed out a mistake of me, crediting polar for the images. This is wrong, since the hard work did the creator of the image, crediting to one person for "only" scaling and labeling msu is surely wrong.

I think it's not bad having two versions of coverart, so I do not see it as competition. It's for the benefit of the users who now can choose between 2 versions Smile
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordmonkus Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 18:20

I also never promoted my stuff outside of the Launchbox forums and not everyone goes over there so I can see not many people knowing about my covers.
Lordmonkus
Lordmonkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordmonkus Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 19:14

Since EVO is in the works I made a couple of covers for it. Check on the Google Drive link above for them. One of them is in the Alternates folder.
Lordmonkus
Lordmonkus

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 19:16

These are cool covers, thanks.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordmonkus Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 19:21

Thanks, i'm glad people like them. I started making them a few months ago because there weren't many made for use in a frontend and the ones that were made were for the more popular games and not the less popular ones. Also because different people were making them there was no uniformity in them so in a frontend they looked weird together.
So I decided to make my own set and keep it up to date with all the games as the patches got released here. I believe I have all the different games covered along with alternative covers in case anyone preferred them.
If I am missing any games please feel free to let me know and I will see what I can do to come up with something for it.
Lordmonkus
Lordmonkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 20:36

Lordmonkus wrote:Hi guys, I have been a lurker here for a while enjoying all the hard work people put in on these amazing hacks but I have noticed lately that Polargames is posting covers for these games.
I do want it known that I am not trying to stir up anything here at all. He doesn't claim he made the work and he found it on the internet but they are all just reworked versions of the ones that I made. I also just used artwork found using Google Images so I am not claiming I own any of it at all. I found good (or the best I could find) pictures and put a clear logo on it with the occasional drop shadow or some other filter.

I have been making and posting these over on the Launchbox forums for the past few months here in this thread here: https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/41289-snes-msu-1-cover-art/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-275307

But anyone who wants to download them all and alternative covers I made can download them from my Google Drive which I update with new covers as new MSU hacks are released: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IF0pmvUlnYM_rrrjuZMJi4YuWz3EjocS

Anyways  I just wanted to provide links to the covers I have been making and I claim no ownership of any of the artwork used at all. People are free to use them or do whatever they want with them.

O I am very sorry @Lordmonkus. I did not know that at all. I was being honest when I said I found them on google, I had put all copyright belongs to the respectived parties because I cannot clame any images as well. Did you want me to stop posting them and want them taken down. I will do that if you would like. I did make one for super double dragon, but I did use google for the image. So that one is up in the air, but I can take that one down as well. Again I am very sorry. Sad @Conn I am also sorry for you being in this because I thought that me just saying that all rights belong to there respected parties that it would please everyone, and I for one was not trying to take credit at all. Sorry.

Man I sure suck Disgust
Polargames
Polargames

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordmonkus Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 20:51

Nope, I don't want you to take them down and you don't have to apologize to me at all. In fact I have no problems with you doing more in the style that you have been doing with the CD jewel case if you prefer them that way. If you want to download all of mine from my Google Drive and use them with your jewel case look by all means go right ahead and do so.
Like you I cannot claim any of the art used as mine, I used Google Images to find cool art work that I liked, added it to the template someone posted on the Launchbox forums and plopped a clear game logo on it and called it done.
I wish I had found that Double Dragon art that you found, I probably would have used that instead what I did use for mine.

Last edited by Lordmonkus on Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 22:02; edited 1 time in total
Lordmonkus
Lordmonkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 20:54

Lordmonkus wrote:Nope, I don't want you to take them down and you don't have to apologize to me at all. In fact I have no problems with you doing more in the style that you have been doing with the CD jewel case if you prefer them that way.
Like you I cannot claim any of the art used as mine, I used Google Images to find cool art work that I liked, added it to the template someone posted on the Launchbox forums and plopped a clear game logo on it and called it done.
I wish I had found that Double Dragon art that you found, I probably would have used that instead what I did use for mine.

Well, If you like to feel free to use it. Thats the least I can do for you. Its already to go to say the least lol :-). Ok, and thank you for leting me know that I can leave them and post more, I have more again I did google them, but feel free to use them. :-)
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 20:57

Yes, polar no need to apologize. As said it was my fault saying "coverart by polargames", not yours.

And no need to take them down. As stated before I see the work of you both as enrichment for this page, and I also see no point seeing your works as competitive. I'm sure some like polar more, others taste is Lordmonkus.

So again, thanks for your contributions!

I hope all is safe&sound now Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 21:00

Conn wrote:Yes, polar no need to apologize. As said it was my fault saying "coverart by polargames", not yours.

And no need to take them down. As stated before I see the work of you both as enrichment for this page, and I also see no point seeing your works as competitive. I'm sure some like polar more, others taste is Lordmonkus.

So again, thanks for your contributions!

I hope all is safe&sound now Very Happy

Ok, I am 100% cool on it and I have no issues, infact I can use Lordmonkus gdrive to make more and post more. He also like the one I did for super double dragon and I told him feel free to use it. Its all good. Very Happy
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 21:06

It's too much editing for me at this time to put all your covers into the first post... (I really have a time issue right now). Furthermore, I can only edit my releases (I do not like to edit first posts by Pev/Kurrono/Qwerty/DarkShock, that's their business).

Polar, can you maybe give a googledrive link or something containing all your coverarts, just alike LordMonkus did? You can of course still post your coverarts as comments.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 21:14

Ok, I can do that, no problem. :-)
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordmonkus Wed 18 Jul 2018 - 0:37

Updated my Google Drive with covers for Assault Suit Valken.
MSU Cover Art (LordMonkus) AWeL6V5

Alternate
MSU Cover Art (LordMonkus) RbRZE4i
Lordmonkus
Lordmonkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordmonkus Thu 19 Jul 2018 - 16:23

Added Captain Commando to my Google Drive
MSU Cover Art (LordMonkus) NxBuhl8
Lordmonkus
Lordmonkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordmonkus Thu 19 Jul 2018 - 16:46

Added Sunset Riders covers to my Google Drive with 2 alternates so be sure to check them out as well.
MSU Cover Art (LordMonkus) 86Wv74K
Lordmonkus
Lordmonkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordmonkus Sun 22 Jul 2018 - 20:03

Added a whole bunch of new covers for recently released and upcoming MSU releases.
Wild Guns, Lufia II, Fighters History and the Fatal Fury games.
All available on my Google Drive as usual linked in the first post.
Lordmonkus
Lordmonkus

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Sun 22 Jul 2018 - 21:27

@Lordmonkus Thank you for the contributions.

pev

MSU Cover Art (LordMonkus) Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordmonkus Sun 22 Jul 2018 - 21:30

No problem, as long as people are putting out MSU hacks / packs I will be making covers for them. Just glad that people find them useful in whatever frontend they use for emulation.
Lordmonkus
Lordmonkus

Back to top Go down

Post by MadK9 Mon 23 Jul 2018 - 0:35

MadK9

Since : 2018-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 23 Jul 2018 - 2:35

Lordmonkus wrote:Added a whole bunch of new covers for recently released and upcoming MSU releases.
Wild Guns, Lufia II, Fighters History and the Fatal Fury games.
All available on my Google Drive as usual linked in the first post.

Other than Wild Guns there's no guarantee that anyone is going to patch those games, but it's nice to be prepared in case anyone does. I just wouldn't release them until it's confirmed that they're being worked on as I can foresee people getting their hopes up for something that might not be happening.
Relikk
Relikk

MSU Cover Art (LordMonkus) Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordmonkus Mon 23 Jul 2018 - 19:37

Uploaded Captain America cover. As usual get the full size higher quality version from my Google Drive linked above.
MSU Cover Art (LordMonkus) 9CY4RT8
Lordmonkus
Lordmonkus

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next