Krzysztof Słowikowski MMX2 v2 Released

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Krzysztof Słowikowski MMX2 v2 Released - Page 2 Empty Re: Krzysztof Słowikowski MMX2 v2 Released

Post by MiniComputer Fri 18 Jan 2019 - 2:26

JUD6MENT wrote:Wow, i got some people tell me its too loud and some people telling me its not loud enough and a lot of people telling me they will fix it for me. I think part of the problem is the composer pushes the volume in his soundtrack to the max and it is a loud soundtrack, leaving very little room for error because and makes it easy to crack. I think maybe the solution is to make two PCM sets, one with louder music for SD2SNES and one for other emulators.

>_> Legend has it MET is to blame first, while i was converting his tracks over.
I saw how big the volumes level were, santa must have been real nice to him because he is rocking much louder than before.

I thought richaad music on youtube was loud in bass and treble. x_x
Oh yeah don't mind the 2 tracks I left in accidently.
I am still renaming the files and missed those apparently.
Other than that when nicholas gets this on saturday that console of his should play it no probs.
MiniComputer
MiniComputer
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2017-11-05

Back to top Go down

Krzysztof Słowikowski MMX2 v2 Released - Page 2 Empty Re: Krzysztof Słowikowski MMX2 v2 Released

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 18 Jan 2019 - 6:22

Conn wrote:This almost sounds like an old ds patch is floating around that differs between 60 and ff. I deleted the 60 (emulator use) patch recently here, but if some users downloaded the hack from romhacking and play with the emulator version might explain the trouble.
All people having issues, redownload the hack from this site and apply on a fresh rom:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1440-mega-man-x2#29768

Ok, I briefly checked myself. The patch provided on this site renders the volume to FF (as it should be for both emulator and sd2snes boost). The music is loud, but not too loud imo.
If somebody plays with a hack from romhacking (the outdated emulator version which renders the sound to 60), it might be too silent.

Anyone interested can make a bsnes write hook breakpoint at $2006 to see which volume it has (will have multiple hits on fading so set with care).

I really think our problem is right here. If i am not mistaken, I think there is 3 different patches that are floating around, the one Conn is suggesting here, and old one before a big fix was made with volume adjustments, and a new one that was made specifically for someone PCM set they released last week. I have a feeling if everyone downloads the new patch to a new fresh rom and tested it we will find more answers what we need to do.

I also asked qwertymodo a favor if he will look into my PCM set and report what he felt about it and he told me they were good. Right now we have some people saying too loud and some people saying too quite, and some people saying its just right. We seem to be all over the place right now, before we each start making new PCMs of the exact same artist at different volume levels, lets double check we got the right patch and right settings. If you can all re-patch and then comeback and tell me your findings we will go from there. I just re-patched a new rom and I found good results. I do not want to release my loop points just yet, If everyone returns back and still have problems with their PCM sets with a new patch then I will let release my loop points to help you all make your own versions. I think the first step is to try to figure something out that works for every emulator or device.

And if anyone has a sd2snes, please test it out on that and tell me what you find. I do not have one so it is hard to know if it is working on it or not, but qwertymodo and I really do believe this PCM set should be working for everyone.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Krzysztof Słowikowski MMX2 v2 Released - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Fri 18 Jan 2019 - 6:45

If it sounds fine in higan and Snes9x using DarkShock's "hardware" patch (which should be the only one linked here as you said), specifically the balance between music and SFX, then you should be fine with the PCM's.

If it's too quiet for the end user, then they almost certainly have one of the bad patches.

Too loud is a bit trickier.  If people think it's too loud on SD2SNES, they need to make sure they don't happen to have volume boost enabled on a Rev H or later hardware (everything up to Rev F needs the boost, and G is kind of in a weird in-between, I'm not really sure what's best there since I've never heard one in person).  If that's not the problem and they're on the Super NT, they may have cranked up the cartridge audio option there.  If that's also not the problem then maybe it's just a matter of preference or perception.  However, I do suggest lowering it from -18 down to -21, since that's the value I landed on after a lot of side-by-side testing for my conversion of the original Guitar Playthrough releases.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Since : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Fri 18 Jan 2019 - 8:13

The problem wasn't my Super Nt's firmware, or my SD2SNES firmware.

I just want to say that my problems are now gone thanks to Conn's solution. Everybody that has my problem and use an SD2SNES should take the advice of Conn's post. All my X2 patches for MSU-1 music will have to be reorganized each way because of this.

JUD6MENT's set is perfectly fine. Thank you! Did a quick 100% playthrough and there didn't seem to be any problems. Smile

If you wanted to be nitpicky with certain things like when you choose / defeat a boss could be questionably loud or adjusting the volume maybe for that. Mainly to just keep things consistent. There are tracks with certain instruments where it all flows smoothly, it's understandable and should not be touched if it's consistent. But I don't think there's anything that stood out on my playthrough that was problematic.

Thank you all for the advice and tips. Special thanks to JUD6MENT for creating the set. I play X2 every other day and was so estatic when Krzysztof was going to release a new version.

Also, I use the Japanese version. I still hear random SE in the same instances with the newer adjusted patch. Have not tried the USA version, it's a shame because JPN is usually what I prefer.

Super Nt Cartridge Audio Volume is 175 [default]
SD2SNES [Rev.H] has no MSU-1 boost set [default]
Nicholas
Nicholas
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2018-06-04

http://ngenerals.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 18 Jan 2019 - 9:56

Im glad to hear, thank you Nicholas for that insight. So it seems that Conn, qwertymodo, and Nicholas have all said it is playable and functions well but it is a tad bit on the loud side. I think we can work off this. I will turn things down a little bit, release it here for review, keep making adjustments until we have a pack everyone is happy with. Fine tuning will be great, but i wanted to avoid complete overhauls that will cause many different sets of different volume levels. Thanks for double checking things Nicholas and giving some insight on minor improvements.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 18 Jan 2019 - 22:02

Ok, after hearing some good feedback, here is my newest minor changes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-uPHy4PhMC4BXkcC89E72ORLABRR3PON/view?usp=sharing

The volume setting before was set to -18, the new one is a mix of -20 and -21, quick will bring the volume down a little like suggested by Nicholas, qwertymodo, and Conn. thanks guys for your suggestions. Most songs are at -20 but a few that were louder than the rest that Nicholas and I found will be at -21. One track, PCM-27, will be set at volume -23, it was cracking a little like minicomputer said.

I think this new track set will make everyone happy, if not, let me know and we can make minor changes again until it is perfect. If anyone plays a level or two of this new download link tracks, come back and give me some input. Thank you all.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Sat 19 Jan 2019 - 3:25

So I had a problem with my last link, Conn informed me earlier today about it, so I terminated my old link and I fixed it.

Krzysztof Slowikowski 2019 Remastered Version by JUD6MENT:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yC-aIwkDQSekXbyp68vgcyta644qfrO5

Ok, now we are finished. I just tested the link, checked what is inside, and everything is right.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniComputer Sat 19 Jan 2019 - 5:33

I dropped nick a link and everything should be good to go.
I'm going to bed its been a long day for me.

Later.
MiniComputer
MiniComputer
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2017-11-05

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2