Ys III: Wanderers From Ys (MD+)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ys III: Wanderers From Ys (MD+) - Page 3 Empty Ys III: Wanderers From Ys (MD+)

Patches:
MD+ Patch (by neodev)
MSU-MD Patch (by Krikkz)

MD+ Packs

-- can use packs below, original pack had WAV file issues with MAME MD+ fork --

MSU-MD Packs
Compatible with MSU-MD and MD+ (not seamless loop)

Ys III 1991 Arranged Sound Pack (by BishopCruz):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/IbhwHJbJ#k6l9eWbZjyKaxyyaUZ75fubuB7W7fnAZk5WGvnbsEgE

Ys: The Oath In Felghana (by Game Sack) v2 Waves Fixed 02-27-21
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3t4wg7grwekrhbs/Ys_III_MSU-MD_Pack_-_Fixed.rar/file

Last edited by Relikk on Sat 29 Aug 2020 - 12:44; edited 11 times in total
Relikk
Relikk

Ys III: Wanderers From Ys (MD+) - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: redditgoogle

Ys III: Wanderers From Ys (MD+) :: Comments

Post Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 21:31 by mario64

I just want to say THANK YOU to pepillopev for spending basically all day tracking down and fixing the issues with this particular MSU-MD patch. It truly was a deep dive effort. As a big Ys fan I'm so thankful I can finally play it on both MED Pro and MiSTer with proper audio. WOOT!!!

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 30 Apr 2021 - 16:39 by bishopcruz

Hey all, say I wanted to make a sound pack which had the PC Engine CD audio for the wavs and the Megadrive music for whatever didn't have CD audio, would that be doable? The best version of Ys III that could ever exist IMO, would be using the PCE CD music where possible and the Genesis for the rest (Maybe PC-88 or X68k too)...

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 1 May 2021 - 14:47 by aegon99

Hi! I'm getting an error with the md+ version using MAME MD+. It says unsupported format 65534 - only PCM is supported. This is the only MD+ game that gives me that error. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Sat 1 May 2021 - 16:37 by Retroplay

Yeah, that's right.
I had to import/export the wavs in Audacity before they worked for me.
After doing that everything's working well.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 11 May 2021 - 21:24 by bishopcruz

Ok, did my sound pack! It has been tested on a Mega SD, but cannot test it on a Mega Everdrive Pro, I THINK it should work fine there as well, but am not sure if I have to change anything for it.

Here is the link:Ys III - Wanderers from Ys 1991 Edition

Thanks to Game Sack for the original work on the OIF version.

Ys III 1991 Edition:

As much as I loved the gameplay and graphics of Ys III on the genesis back in the day, I always wished there was a version of it with the Turbografx CD soundtrack. Yeah, the Turbo version had horrible parallax, a distinct lack of any challenge, and horrific voice acting, but the music arrangements by Ryo Yonemitsu are still my favorite versions of these iconic tunes.

Now with this edition, we get the best of both worlds; the superior Genesis port of Ys III, along with the best sounds of the era.

This sound pack takes Ys III back to the sounds of the late 1980s and early 1990s with a mix of music from the PC Engine/TurboGrafx CD, PC-88 original, the X68000 version, the Ys III Perfect Collection, and the Ys III Super Arrange version. The rips were all taken from lossless Falcom OSTs.

Track List:

01 - A Premonition =Styx= (PC Engine)
02 - Introduction (Ys III JDK Special)
03 - Village of Redmont (Music from Ys III)
04 - Welcome! (Music from Ys III)
05 - Quiet Moments (Music from Ys III)
06 - Prelude to Adventure (PC Engine)
07 - The Boy's Got Wings! (PC Engine)
08 - Be Careful! (PC Engine)
09 - Beasts Black as Night (PC Engine)
10 - Shock of the Grim Reaper (PC Engine)
11 - Ilburns Ruins (PC Engine)
12 - A Searing Struggle (PC Engine)
13 - Chester's Theme (Ys III Perfect Collection)
14 - Snare of Darkness (PC Engine)
15 - Steeling the Will to Fight (PC Engine)
16 - Valestine Castle (PC Engine)
17 - Prayer for Mercy (Music from Ys III)
18 - Key of Light (Music from Ys III)
19 - Frozen in Time (PC Engine)
20 - My Dear Elena (Ys III Perfect Collection)
21 - Tearful Twilight (Music from Ys III)
22 - Beat of Destruction (PC Engine)
23 - Tower of Fate (PC Engine)
24 - Behold!! (Music from Ys III)
25 - The Strongest Foe (PC Engine)
26 - Dear My Brother (Ys III Perfect Collection)
27 - Morning of Departure (PC Engine)
28 - Wanderers from Ys (Ys III Super Arrange)
29 - Get Item (Ys - Oath in Felghana)
30 - Quickening Dream (PC Engine)
31 - Dancing in the Road (Music from Ys III)

Hope you enjoy this sound pack! Ys III has one of the greatest soundtracks of all time, even 30 years ago!

-BishopCruz

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 12 May 2021 - 12:19 by pepillopev

bishopcruz wrote:Ok, did my sound pack! It has been tested on a Mega SD, but cannot test it on a Mega Everdrive Pro, I THINK it should work fine there as well, but am not sure if I have to change anything for it.
Ok, since this sound pack is not seamless looped, it will work just fine with MD+ and MSU-MD. I placed it in the MSU-MD section and left a disclaimer letting everyone know it can be used with either flash cart. It will work just fine with emulators too.

I am aware Game Sacks's set is not seamless loop. I have been tempted to fix that and the wave files too (as they do not play nice with the MAME MD+ fork emulator). I fixed the ones for MSU-MD during the Mario64 Ys III not working on MED Pro fiasco, lol.

Thank you for your contribution and hard work. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 12 May 2021 - 16:59 by bishopcruz

pepillopev wrote:Ok, since this sound pack is not seamless looped, it will work just fine with MD+ and MSU-MD. I placed it in the MSU-MD section and left a disclaimer letting everyone know it can be used with either flash cart. It will work just fine with emulators too.

I am aware Game Sacks's set is not seamless loop. I have been tempted to fix that and the wave files too (as they do not play nice with the MAME MD+ fork emulator). I fixed the ones for MSU-MD during the Mario64 Ys III not working on MED Pro fiasco, lol.

Thank you for your contribution and hard work. Wink
Well it is and it isn't seamless. I did set up the files to loop as seamlessly as I could from the end of the file to the beginning of the file but it didn't always work out perfectly. It is only for the chiptunes generally speaking, and not for the PCE audio or other tracks.

Not sure the fiasco you are talking about, but happy to help around here. Wish I could find a tutorial for how to do this from scratch. Would kill for a Valis 3 hack.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 12 May 2021 - 17:09 by pepillopev

bishopcruz wrote:Well it is and it isn't seamless. I did set up the files to loop as seamlessly as I could from the end of the file to the beginning of the file but it didn't always work out perfectly.
It takes some work to get it right. If done incorrectly, it will be noticeable and bothersome to some people. This applies to all the music and not specific to chiptunes. If you need help on how to do this, just ask.

Not sure the fiasco you are talking about, but happy to help around here. Wish I could find a tutorial for how to do this from scratch. Would kill for a Valis 3 hack.
Oh, you would have to read the earlier Ys III posts to find out what I was referring too. Don't mind me, just safely ranting. Anyway, thanks again for your contribution.

Would kill for a Valis 3 hack.
That is entirely up to ArcadeTV, infinest, or some other brave soul.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 12 May 2021 - 17:14 by bishopcruz

pepillopev wrote:That is entirely up to ArcadeTV, infinest, or some other brave soul.
Hence why I was curious if there was a tutorial. Looked at Arcade TVs wiki and all it says is check for bugs or let me know if you have sound packs. I guess I just wish there was a how to for getting started on doing the patches oneself, maybe it is out of my abilities, but I'd like to know one way or the other. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 12 May 2021 - 17:22 by pepillopev

bishopcruz wrote:Hence why I was curious if there was a tutorial.
Unfortunately, there is no easy fix all tutorial. The same applies to MSU-1. Each game developer coded their sound differently, no real standard. This makes it difficult to apply one tutorial to everything. There are some companies, say Konami or Capcom, that re-hash their sound engine. If one successfully deciphers them, the knowledge can be applied to another game from the same company.

Looked at Arcade TVs wiki and all it says is check for bugs or let me know if you have sound packs.
ArcadeTV's GitHub has source code for each release you can study to learn. Unfortunately, if you do not have an assembly or programming background; it will be difficult to follow. This knowledge is necessary. Don't let that discourage you. If you truly want to learn, have at it.

oneself, maybe it is out of my abilities, but I'd like to know one way or the other.
The information is out there just difficult to find. Every now and then I just ask the hacking authors, sometimes, I get a response.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum