Last edited by pepillopev on Sat 11 Jan 2020 - 20:08; edited 2 times in total
pev

Final Fantasy - Mystic Quest Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Final Fantasy - Mystic Quest :: Comments

Post Sat 11 Jan 2020 - 19:53 by pev

@Conn Here you go, per your request to post. Let me know if I screwed something up.

Last edited by pepillopev on Sat 11 Jan 2020 - 20:42; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 11 Jan 2020 - 19:54 by Conn

That was probably world record in creating a pcm set. Thanks so much pev Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 11 Jan 2020 - 19:56 by pev

@Conn Noticed the download right restrictions are in effect for your patch. Used the link from the Development section.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 11 Jan 2020 - 19:58 by Conn

Oh yes, a readme file is missing as well. I'll host at bszelda and add one

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 11 Jan 2020 - 20:07 by Conn

Ok, link and readme done in edited first post

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 11 Jan 2020 - 20:07 by pev

Conn wrote:That was probably world record in creating a pcm set. Thanks so much pev Very Happy
I had a lot of free time today. You got me at the right time for your request. Nothing a couple of bottles of Coke to motivate a project, lol.

Oh, and apologies for forgetting to update your patch with a readme file. I knew something was missing on the post. You see, I darn screwed up again. lol.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Sat 11 Jan 2020 - 20:22 by Polargames

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 11 Jan 2020 - 20:24 by Conn

So far everything is working (I renamed my files to your pcm name convention ffmq_msu1 instead former mq_msu1).

I played until the girl joined the party, works perfect so far... I leave it to others to report bugs if there are any, but even the demo at the beginning work and so I do not ecpect much trouble Wink
...Hopefully... Disgust Woot!!

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 11 Jan 2020 - 20:28 by pev

@Conn Hopefully, all is well too. You are almost done with your projects. Then take a nice vacation for a bit. You did a lot of stuff these past couple of months.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 11 Jan 2020 - 20:37 by Conn

Yes, I really should Wink

I just checked with the german version, hook points are the same (luckily). However at the end of the rom which is freespace in the US version, there's some code in the German version getting overwritten by the msu code. No idea what this is, maybe some additional translation stuff (german language need more words than english). If it is severe, I need to enlarge the rom and make a german/french? version, but for now I leave it until people tested... and complain Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 11 Jan 2020 - 20:40 by pev

Conn wrote:but for now I leave it until people tested... and complain Very Happy
Works for me. As is our burden maintaining stuff around here. Wink

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 11 Jan 2020 - 21:00 by Conn

Ah, I did it the easy way. I made the patch expand also the us version and wrote the code in the expanded area. This way the patch works for all versions (us,german,french). v2 is updated in first post Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 11 Jan 2020 - 21:01 by pev

@Conn I knew that itch would bite sooner or later. Smile

Glad you took the easy way out and avoid issues later.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 12 Jan 2020 - 4:47 by MadK9

thank you all again for this.

Back to top Go down

Shadowrun

Post Sun 12 Jan 2020 - 5:08 by Shadowrun

thanks ! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Sun 12 Jan 2020 - 11:40 by JUD6MENT

Well done

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 13 Aug 2020 - 7:44 by Conn

Bug report on youtube:
games for you wrote:@Conn I had to use the app for some reason but I got it. The only problem I having is if you need to use the dragon claw it stops the music from playing and the only way to fix it is get in to a battle. I don't know why only that weapon shuts the music off but it does. Oh and one of the towns don't have any music. It's the one we're the town is covered in ice and you need to melt it. When the town is covered in ice no music plays at all but once you save the town and the ice is gone the music works fine I don't get why that happens as well. But those are the 2 bugs I have found with this hack/mod. I'm almost at the end of the game I'm in the tower were you have to fight all the bosses again before the final battle. If I run in to anymore I'll leave a comment with my findings.

Fixed in v3 (updated first post)

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 7 Jan 2021 - 4:23 by Oipo

Is the PCM pack available on something else than app.box.com? I've tried on several computers and several browsers now, but the site doesn't allow me to download it.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 7 Jan 2021 - 6:25 by Relikk

Oipo wrote:Is the PCM pack available on something else than app.box.com? I've tried on several computers and several browsers now, but the site doesn't allow me to download it.

I've hosted it on Mega for a short while. Get it while you can.

https://mega.nz/file/8vIwkbqT#V_l1P7aGYo3RH2cprQ-q5uWakQKaYUzFd988DB1Uf-0

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 7 Jan 2021 - 6:30 by Oipo

Relikk wrote:
Oipo wrote:Is the PCM pack available on something else than app.box.com? I've tried on several computers and several browsers now, but the site doesn't allow me to download it.

I've hosted it on Mega for a short while. Get it while you can.

https://mega.nz/file/8vIwkbqT#V_l1P7aGYo3RH2cprQ-q5uWakQKaYUzFd988DB1Uf-0

Yes! Got it, thanks a lot!

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 7 Jan 2021 - 12:33 by Conn

Is the PCM pack available on something else than app.box.com? I've tried on several computers and several browsers now, but the site doesn't allow me to download
How strange, possibly you have simply not found the download option?

First click the 3 dots, then Download Very Happy

Final Fantasy - Mystic Quest Image248

Anyways, much thanks Relikk for providing the temporary link Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 7 Jan 2021 - 12:55 by VVV18

You can also use (VPN) maybe in your country you are blocking downloads for some reason ...
(Browsec VPN for Google Chrome and etc ...)

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 24 Nov 2021 - 20:35 by CaelThunderwing

Question, slightly changing one of the tracks (Battle 1) i think i have it's loop point set properly, but at the moment its supposed to loop, Snes9x (1.60) is crashing. (changed the sample rate, just maybe it's me but both how it's suppose dto be and how it sounds at 48Khz instead of 44.100Khz, is just as good.) not sure what i need to do to keep it from crashing.

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Thu 25 Nov 2021 - 4:03 by Cubear

CaelThunderwing wrote:Question, slightly changing one of the tracks (Battle 1) i think i have it's loop point set properly, but at the moment its supposed to loop, Snes9x (1.60) is crashing. (changed the sample rate, just maybe it's me but both how it's suppose dto be and how it sounds at 48Khz instead of 44.100Khz, is just as good.) not sure what i need to do to keep it from crashing.

If I recall correctly the MSU-1 chip is really particular about the details of the PCM files. they all have to conform to the same standard... try having your PCM match the bitrate in the documents / all the other files. it will probably work after you have done that.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next